Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: Mafia: Net Police Triumph, Town\Mafia Loss  (Read 6260 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia: Net Police - Mafia Heist Plans for Day 1 (8/8)
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2024, 01:51:11 pm »

No Elim results in No Elim.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2024, 02:34:54 pm »

Greetings. I am the Miller.

EganBW: what would you do with a one-shot double vote power? What day would you use it, and would you make people aware beforehand?
User_NJW, I would wait to use the ability for a time when it seems either vital to mission success or really funny.

According to complete analysis provided below, SCUM == Imp

User_sofanthiel: what is the ideal frequency of posting in order to maximize for the product of both effectiveness and fun? Answer in units=minutes

[1]MS: ""town""
[1][2]Imp: ""town"" or "close enough" - doesn't think that pressure will work on AP, uses pressure vote anyways. therefore, SCUM⬇️
[1]NJW: ""town"", bothered to make an actual opening post⬆️, would prefer to be SK, as is rational
AP: ?? (2 vote, NJW, Imp)
[1]CM: ""town""

disclaimer: this database is provided free of charge. any flaws in database quality are to be blamed on gremlins and kobolds

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2024, 02:39:53 pm »

Greetings. I am the Miller.

EganBW: what would you do with a one-shot double vote power? What day would you use it, and would you make people aware beforehand?
User_NJW, I would wait to use the ability for a time when it seems either vital to mission success or really funny.

According to complete analysis provided below, SCUM == Imp

User_sofanthiel: what is the ideal frequency of posting in order to maximize for the product of both effectiveness and fun? Answer in units=minutes

[1]MS: ""town""
[1][2]Imp: ""town"" or "close enough" - doesn't think that pressure will work on AP, uses pressure vote anyways. therefore, SCUM⬇️
[1]NJW: ""town"", bothered to make an actual opening post⬆️, would prefer to be SK, as is rational
AP: ?? (2 vote, NJW, Imp)
[1]CM: ""town""

disclaimer: this database is provided free of charge. any flaws in database quality are to be blamed on gremlins and kobolds

After we get done dealing with whatever dealings we have with AP, I'm currently interested in an elim of this miller, who is apparently a gremlin-kobold cross.

I'm as interested in solving you as you appear interested in solving me, little gremold.  Your 'analysis' doesn't even compile, what's this koblin you wrote it in?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2024, 02:49:03 pm »

After we get done dealing with whatever dealings we have with AP, I'm currently interested in an elim of this miller, who is apparently a gremlin-kobold cross.

I'm as interested in solving you as you appear interested in solving me, little gremold.  Your 'analysis' doesn't even compile, what's this koblin you wrote it in?
User_Imp: error: argument substance not detected. code execution halted. Airy scent of scum.

NOTE TO ALL USERS: quoting my whole post is not recommended. egcorp accepts no liability for explosion in character count or page-space-usage

Spoiler: database (click to show/hide)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2024, 02:56:01 pm »

Town time or close enough; nicely green.  Demonology 1/2 redux, make it so.
What do you mean by "close enough"? Are you a town-aligned third-party, anti-mafia, or this game's town?
she/her

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2024, 02:57:22 pm »

Interesting.

Good answer, but NAI. I know for sure you'd get a kick out of fakeclaiming miller immediately, but I'm not sure if you'd do it spontaneously without coaching...

I don't think pressure works on AP.  However, let's see what others think and do with this spectacle, AnimePigeon.

I'm presuming you have nothing to say about your vibes, so I won't ask.  My trust of you, NJW, is likely to fall over time unless I love how you play.
You're right that they don't townspew, but I'm not sure if anyone here does. There is something I'm looking for.

And that's fair enough. You shouldn't trust me, unless you think you can soulread me on a single post.
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2024, 03:01:21 pm »

Error in methodology detected. Pushing hotfix. Expunge all outdated codes.

Spoiler: database (click to show/hide)

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2024, 03:02:15 pm »

AnimePigeon, I haven't played with you before, how would you describe your playstyle

Maximum Spin I am town as well. Seeing as this is a bastard game do you think we should focus more on scumhunting or trying to figure out the bastard mechanics?

Imp, I haven't played with you either. Do you prefer playing as mafia or town? Why is that your preferred choice?

Crystalizedmire I will spin attack you, don't test me

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2024, 03:22:44 pm »

What do you mean by "close enough"? Are you a town-aligned third-party, anti-mafia, or this game's town?

Means I'm green text.  Just got my answer back from confirming; yes that means town this game.  We are in a bastard game, I'm not ready to assume what that means.

Interesting.

I don't think pressure works on AP.  However, let's see what others think and do with this spectacle, AnimePigeon.

I'm presuming you have nothing to say about your vibes, so I won't ask.  My trust of you, NJW, is likely to fall over time unless I love how you play.
You're right that they don't townspew, but I'm not sure if anyone here does. There is something I'm looking for.

And that's fair enough. You shouldn't trust me, unless you think you can soulread me on a single post.

Didn't really mean townspew, so much as vote pressure on AP seems to do nothing to him based on what I've seen elsewhere.  Social pressure, telling him what you want is probably more likely to get reactions from him but I've only seen him play town, no idea his scum or other reactions.

However, I'm all for teamwork, we have no hammers this day (bastard game, but the mod said...) and it can trigger reactions in other people, like that interesting reaction to my support vote from Egan.  It's something to talk about, movement towards meaning.  I'm cool with all that.

No claims of soulread from me at all.

Imp, I haven't played with you either. Do you prefer playing as mafia or town? Why is that your preferred choice?

I used to completely prefer roles that were pro-town (anything that can win with town, as well as town).  Then I got sent to champs, and in trying to learn there randed scum like 50% of my games and still hated it.  Then I ended up in this nifty game where I lead my scum team to gain extra lives and we completely controlled the vote from D3 on (we prevented two elims entirely) and I was open scum from D4+ and I never died because town was too concerned of the benefit my team would get if I didn't die last.  We won N6.  We lost only 2 scum lives that game (sadly also lost 1 scum team member, almost a perfect evil game) and I have since learned that I may not win as scum, but I'm no longer scared of the role and I have sympathy for those who randed it.

Then I came back here our last game before this, and was the most deadly survivor I could imagine, and somehow was allowed to live (being that deadly helped too, I had a lot of vote control there too) to win.

I currently love all roles.  Not necessarily equally, but oh, to play and have a wincon of any type, to have abilities and people to play with in any capacity, that oh that is my preferred choice.

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2024, 03:25:58 pm »

I'm town this time. Anyone else get town?
Sadly so... I'd much rather play as an intrepid solo mafia with a daykilling survivor ally, but I guess not every game can be Soviet Mafia.

AnimePigeon: you have serious narc vibes. Give me three reasons we shouldn't elim you.
Hello NJW2000!

You can have all the serious narc vibes of me that you want, but the game has just begun, and I don't really succumb to pressure.

I don't know what you expect me to say, but maybe you should focus on trying to be Townie and finding other Townies.

*Updated to move my post into the correct place and not mid quote
« Last Edit: July 08, 2024, 03:30:13 pm by AnimePigeon »

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2024, 03:27:38 pm »

Sadly so... I'd much rather play as an intrepid solo mafia with a daykilling survivor ally, but I guess not every game can be Soviet Mafia.

AnimePigeon: you have serious narc vibes. Give me three reasons we shouldn't elim you.

Viva la resistance!  I was a terribly confused survivor that game, but wow it was fun.  Nice memories.

5 Votes required to Lynch.

Staticman Admin, could/would you inform what happens if we don't consensus to 5 votes today?  No elim or what other horror?
Ever the opportunist as always Imp

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2024, 03:31:05 pm »

Ever the opportunist as always Imp

eyes AP with delight  Sweet.  Is this our game?  Been looking forward to it.  Sadly, I'm actually town this game.  I wonder if you can tell, but I'm more interested in you.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2024, 03:56:03 pm »

Crystalizedmire I will spin attack you, don't test me
... Hey listen

Means I'm green text.  Just got my answer back from confirming; yes that means town this game.  We are in a bastard game, I'm not ready to assume what that means.
Ah, okay. I thought you were third-party again.
Didn't really mean townspew, so much as vote pressure on AP seems to do nothing to him based on what I've seen elsewhere.  Social pressure, telling him what you want is probably more likely to get reactions from him but I've only seen him play town, no idea his scum or other reactions.
How are you defining "social pressure"? Isn't vote pressure just another type of social pressure?
Hello NJW2000!

You can have all the serious narc vibes of me that you want, but the game has just begun, and I don't really succumb to pressure.

I don't know what you expect me to say, but maybe you should focus on trying to be Townie and finding other Townies.

NJW was rvs voting to get the conversation started, also did you just edit your post? You're not supposed to do that, AnimePigeon
she/her

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2024, 04:02:31 pm »

How are you defining "social pressure"? Isn't vote pressure just another type of social pressure?
Nevermind, I didn't fully read the post.
she/her

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2024, 04:04:35 pm »

Hello NJW2000!

What do you mean by finding other townies? Shouldn't our focus be on identifying the mafia?

Also can you please answer the question that I asked you?

EganBW, how active do you plan to be this game, and do you think low activity is a scumtell?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19