Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: Mafia: Net Police Triumph, Town\Mafia Loss  (Read 6234 times)

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia: Net Police - Mafia Heist Plans for Day 1 (8/8)
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2024, 04:24:17 pm »

AnimePigeon, I haven't played with you before, how would you describe your playstyle

Maximum Spin I am town as well. Seeing as this is a bastard game do you think we should focus more on scumhunting or trying to figure out the bastard mechanics?

Imp, I haven't played with you either. Do you prefer playing as mafia or town? Why is that your preferred choice?

Crystalizedmire I will spin attack you, don't test me

I mean the question in this post btw

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2024, 04:55:06 pm »

I haven't really used the "what you see is what you get" editor before, but it's fairly helpful in this situation.

Maximum Spin I am town as well. Seeing as this is a bastard game do you think we should focus more on scumhunting or trying to figure out the bastard mechanics?
User_juicebox: you didn't ask me, but try to prioritize hunting scum. tric doesn't have the guts to make a bastard game where that's not still the priority

EganBW, how active do you plan to be this game, and do you think low activity is a scumtell?
User_juicebox: I will be as active as it pleases me to be at any given moment. Brain energy is a limited resource, I'm only spending it where doing do would improve my own life. Keeping a count of votes and posts will take a little extra effort, but we'll see how it goes.

Based on analysis below, SCUM == AnimePidgeon, SCUM =/= Imp

This is totally sustainable /s
my vote seems to be a bandwagon now, but in actuality my thinking was just combining these two data points:
didn't claim as town in first post⬇️, edited post⬇️

If that seems simplistic, then, well, simplistic can work sometimes

Spoiler: database (click to show/hide)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2024, 04:57:28 pm »

I don't know what you expect me to say, but maybe you should focus on trying to be Townie and finding other Townies.

You're right there, townhunting and playing well is better than RVS votes. Odd way to put it though.

Well, this is a pretty different response from last time people voted you in RVS. Was hoping you'd say something about the fact that I RVS voted you immediately last game as well, but perhaps you're not paranoid enough for that to jump out. The reaction to Imp's vote is pretty unexpected. I have a couple of questions.

Ever the opportunist as always Imp

AnimePigeon: Do you think Imp is trying to get you eliminated? And are you currently scumhunting or townhunting?

(By the way - we try to avoid editing posts in mafia games here, even to clean stuff up. It means being a bit more relaxed about the usual ways of keeping threads clean, so don't worry about formatting issues, doubleposting, or correcting yourself with later posts. Not a big deal, happens to everyone once.)

JuiceBox: do you believe Egan's miller claim?

Didn't like the fluff in this post or your opener. I expect better from experienced players.
One wheel short of a wagon

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2024, 05:04:51 pm »

AnimePigeon, I haven't played with you before, how would you describe your playstyle

Imp, I haven't played with you either. Do you prefer playing as mafia or town? Why is that your preferred choice?

Crystalizedmire I will spin attack you, don't test me
Hey Juicebox!

Don't really know how to explain my style. I find it's best to let others decide, but I do have to frequently tell people not to believe some people about me as they make me out as a bigger deal than I actually am.

Do I have Imposter Syndrome? Very Likely Yes

Autistic & Dyslexic with a side of ADHD potentially.

I do tend to post high volumes, but my posts can vary from a few sentences to wall posts depending on the game and how invested I can get.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2024, 05:05:57 pm »

User_juicebox: you didn't ask me, but try to prioritize hunting scum. tric doesn't have the guts to make a bastard game where that's not still the priority
I wish to confirm this statement. This is roughly what I would've said if I had noticed the question first.

In my case at the moment, low activity is an I'm tired tell. Don't expect a lot of attention from me right now.

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2024, 05:08:11 pm »

I'm town this time. Anyone else get town?
Sadly so... I'd much rather play as an intrepid solo mafia with a daykilling survivor ally, but I guess not every game can be Soviet Mafia.

EganBW: what would you do with a one-shot double vote power? What day would you use it, and would you make people aware beforehand?

AnimePigeon: you have serious narc vibes. Give me three reasons we shouldn't elim you.
Hello NJW2000!

You can have all the serious narc vibes of me that you want, but the game has just begun, and I don't really succumb to pressure.

I don't know what you expect me to say, but maybe you should focus on trying to be Townie and finding other Townies.

*Updated to move my post into the correct place and not mid quote

What do you mean by finding other townies? Shouldn't our focus be on identifying the mafia?

Also can you please answer the question that I asked you?

EganBW, how active do you plan to be this game, and do you think low activity is a scumtell?

I believe we have a slight difference of perspective that achieves the same things.

You can search primarily for the Mafia, ignoring any friendly fire.

Or, you can do as I suggest, try finding fellow Townies, so you're more likely to be able to isolate down a list of who should be Mafia or another alignment from yourself.

Just a difference of perspective.

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2024, 05:14:54 pm »

You're right there, townhunting and playing well is better than RVS votes. Odd way to put it though.

Well, this is a pretty different response from last time people voted you in RVS. Was hoping you'd say something about the fact that I RVS voted you immediately last game as well, but perhaps you're not paranoid enough for that to jump out. The reaction to Imp's vote is pretty unexpected. I have a couple of questions.

Ever the opportunist as always Imp

AnimePigeon: Do you think Imp is trying to get you eliminated? And are you currently scumhunting or townhunting?

(By the way - we try to avoid editing posts in mafia games here, even to clean stuff up. It means being a bit more relaxed about the usual ways of keeping threads clean, so don't worry about formatting issues, doubleposting, or correcting yourself with later posts. Not a big deal, happens to everyone once.)

JuiceBox: do you believe Egan's miller claim?

Didn't like the fluff in this post or your opener. I expect better from experienced players.

I don't see any reason to consider you a threat currently NJW. I know you're a great player, but your actions or post style in a previous game, doesn't mean much in the early stages of a new game. That comes more into play as the game progresss imo.

Regarding Imp, I just believe she's willing to vote anyone but herself 110% of the time.Whilst that might be obvious for self preservation, I tend to take a different approach myself, I won't counter vote just to save myself, unless I believe in that vote.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2024, 05:25:30 pm »

[s/poiler=database]
[1][2][3][4][5]Imp: ""town"" or "close enough" - doesn't think that pressure will work on AP, uses pressure vote anyways. therefore, SCUM⬇️ - posting a lot D1⬆️ (1 vote, AP)
[/s/poiler]
I think that posting a lot on day1 should be null, especially for Imp who always posts a lot.
she/her

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2024, 05:58:10 pm »

Gonna reply to these Post by post since I'm pfp
I haven't really used the "what you see is what you get" editor before, but it's fairly helpful in this situation.

User_juicebox: I will be as active as it pleases me to be at any given moment. Brain energy is a limited resource, I'm only spending it where doing do would improve my own life. Keeping a count of votes and posts will take a little extra effort, but we'll see how it goes.

Based on analysis below, SCUM == AnimePidgeon, SCUM =/= Imp

This is totally sustainable /s
my vote seems to be a bandwagon now, but in actuality my thinking was just combining these two data points:
didn't claim as town in first post⬇️, edited post⬇️

If that seems simplistic, then, well, simplistic can work sometimes

Not sure I like this early wagon on Pigeon, definitely don"t like this vote, Egan seems to be just parroting CM's reasoning here

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2024, 06:03:04 pm »

Snip

I take all miller claims with a grain of salt especially since they're basically meta here at this point.

As to your other allegations, I'm just coming back from a hiatus, give me a little bit of time to get back in the groove

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2024, 06:24:31 pm »

[s/poiler=database]
[1][2][3][4][5]Imp: ""town"" or "close enough" - doesn't think that pressure will work on AP, uses pressure vote anyways. therefore, SCUM⬇️ - posting a lot D1⬆️ (1 vote, AP)
[/s/poiler]
I think that posting a lot on day1 should be null, especially for Imp who always posts a lot.
i am devoted to not thinking critically this game
having doubts is a diabolical trick that obvscum use to fool u

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2024, 06:28:28 pm »

I currently lean concerned/highly interested on AP and concerned/confused on Egan.  I was not concerned when I voted AP, I was participating in what I expected wouldn't pressure AP and could be informative about the rest of us.  AP's reaction to NJW was about what I expected.  AP's reaction to me was not at all what I expected.  He's just come off 3 games with me, he was town all 3 and I was scum in 2 and survivor in the third.

He never reacted to me like that in any of them.  So, I'm pretty interested in AP now, more than I was when I voted to see how we all reacted.  He's been teasing me that he really is looking forward to the game where I see him as scum, so I'm super curious.  Not at all sure I want to see him elim today, I don't understand what I'm seeing.  But wow does he have my attention.

Egan:  Are we seeing you with a post restriction of a sort?

I don't like several things about Egan's reasoning.  Me posting a lot is definitely NAI; AP editing his post is newbie, not scum equity (His home forum encourages post editing in game for minor fixes, it's ignored and expected).

I do not think Egan is doing the database thing for fun.

I think it's being done for profit, and I don't know the game or its rules, but I am concerned.

I also note this:

NOTE TO ALL USERS: quoting my whole post is not recommended. egcorp accepts no liability for explosion in character count or page-space-usage

Followed by this:

Error in methodology detected. Pushing hotfix. Expunge all outdated codes.

I think it's likely we're seeing something fishy and meaningful, and I am concerned/confused about this.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2024, 06:29:06 pm »

Snip

I take all miller claims with a grain of salt especially since they're basically meta here at this point.

As to your other allegations, I'm just coming back from a hiatus, give me a little bit of time to get back in the groove
Technically, my mission in making miller claims meta has been to achieve webadict's dream world where millers are always lynched d1. So I guess I should vote for Egan_BW. No hard feelings.

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2024, 03:49:51 am »

I currently lean concerned/highly interested on AP and concerned/confused on Egan.  I was not concerned when I voted AP, I was participating in what I expected wouldn't pressure AP and could be informative about the rest of us.  AP's reaction to NJW was about what I expected.  AP's reaction to me was not at all what I expected.  He's just come off 3 games with me, he was town all 3 and I was scum in 2 and survivor in the third.

He never reacted to me like that in any of them.  So, I'm pretty interested in AP now, more than I was when I voted to see how we all reacted.  He's been teasing me that he really is looking forward to the game where I see him as scum, so I'm super curious.  Not at all sure I want to see him elim today, I don't understand what I'm seeing.  But wow does he have my attention.

Egan:  Are we seeing you with a post restriction of a sort?

I don't like several things about Egan's reasoning.  Me posting a lot is definitely NAI; AP editing his post is newbie, not scum equity (His home forum encourages post editing in game for minor fixes, it's ignored and expected).

I do not think Egan is doing the database thing for fun.

I think it's being done for profit, and I don't know the game or its rules, but I am concerned.

I also note this:

NOTE TO ALL USERS: quoting my whole post is not recommended. egcorp accepts no liability for explosion in character count or page-space-usage

Followed by this:

Error in methodology detected. Pushing hotfix. Expunge all outdated codes.

I think it's likely we're seeing something fishy and meaningful, and I am concerned/confused about this.
Being predictable is very boring.

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2024, 05:35:29 am »

It's difficult to generate genuine and relevant conversations, when there is very little content to bounce off - so I will attempt to try allowing momentum to hopefully further the current game state to a future of promise.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19