Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Heroscape RPG interest check.  (Read 283 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Heroscape RPG interest check.
« on: June 20, 2024, 11:41:44 pm »

I've been DMing the entire collection of Heroscape scenarios with my friend PhaseBomb as a player. We are using table top simulator and Discord.

To make it more like an RPG, I've allowed him to bring 1 unit into battle from anywhere in the Heroscape timeline(he chose Kurrok the Elementalist, from one of the last waves of units created). We are also playing with level up mechanics.

The gameplay had been to play the scenarios as written, plus the 'RPG character'. The scenarios are usually meant to be 50/50 fights, but I adjust things so the points are 3:4 in favor of the good guys; with things getting a bit tougher towards a big battle, and easier again after. Loss results in a map reset.

Most scenarios require some specific units, but some let you draft your own army, in those cases I allow him to pick from any units he's used. I'd probably give more points for units that recently appeared as we progress through the different eras.

Enter, you...

If we had more players, then they'd each be able to pick one unique hero from across the entire Heroscape catelog to be their RPG character. As for the friendly army forces for each scenario, those would be divided up evenly point-wise among the players to control.

If you don't have Tabletop Simulator...
PhaseBomb can live stream it on Discord.

If you don't have Discord...
That might be a dealbreaker. It is possible to run this as a forum game, but due to the quantity of material we are wanting to cover, that might limit how much we are able to. Still apply if you are really excited about it and we'll see...

My friend and I are still on Table of Giants, the first map and first 3 scenarios, so starting over with more players is fine.

Scenarios have a limit of 12 rounds. We have a custom rule that you can keep going, but that a powerful enemy appears, like Mimring. Where we left, my friend got nuked by him. But maybe it was all just the visions of a deranged hobgoblin elementalist...

We would aim to meet up once a week, probably Saturdays.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2024, 11:44:38 pm by RoseHeart »