Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Venturecracy: Rule the Polis | Turn Eight (new players still welcome)  (Read 5475 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

Quote from: Turn 4
Actions:
   - Die of Laughter
Classes:
Nil
Spoiler: Kasho the Elder (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2024, 02:25:11 pm by Kashyyk »

FiveBalesOfHay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

haha

Spoiler: Heliados (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2024, 01:54:23 pm by FiveBalesOfHay »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Venturecracy: Rule the Polis
« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2024, 01:46:51 pm »

Spoiler: Evicticus Sainticus (click to show/hide)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Venturecracy: Rule the Polis | Turn Four (new players still welcome)
« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2024, 03:39:49 pm »

I transfer 3500 drachma to Heliados in the final moments before the Revolution, if this is allowed.

FiveBalesOfHay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Venturecracy: Rule the Polis | Turn Three (new players still welcome)
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2024, 04:50:07 pm »

Quote from: Heliados, 2 Priest Popularity
The Discipline of Purity
CREATED BY: Priests
DESCRIPTION: Following the gross corruption evident in the previous government, the priests have taken to rooting out all corruption. Government officials fear greatly to be seen as corrupt.
OFFICES: High Revealer: Granted to the player with the highest priest popularity at start. Lost if it gains 1+ Corruption and granted to the player with no Corruption and the highest priest popularity. If no player has no Corruption, the class closest to Revolution immediately revolts.
Investigator: Granted at the start of every turn to any player with 3 or more priest popularity and no Corruption. Lost if it gains 5+ Corruption.
OFFICE ACTIONS: High Revealer: Create Proposal, Support or Denounce Proposal, Investigate Non-Outsider (500d, +2 Corruption). Gains 500d and 5 points per turn.
Investigator: Support or Denounce Proposal, Investigate Non-Outsider (1000d, +1 Corruption). Gains 500d and 1 point per turn.
Outsider: Claim Wrongful Accusation (-1 Corruption), Decry Corruption (500d, +1 priest popularity).
POLIS ACTIONS: The Discipline of Purity has 3 Bureaucratic Capacity. It can: Enact Basic Campaign, Execute Player (must have positive Corruption). Runs at a deficit of 1000d.
CLASS MODIFIERS:  Priests gain 2 mood per turn. Nobles and Merchants lose 1 mood per turn.
SPECIAL RULES: If you have negative priest popularity at the start, uhhhh nothing happens. Any player with at least 10 Corruption at the end of the turn is immediately executed without needing a vote or using Bureaucratic Capacity.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2024, 06:58:36 pm »

Quote from: Pythodoros, 2 Priest Popularity
Heliados' proposal
Spoiler: Pythodoros (click to show/hide)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Venturecracy: Rule the Polis | Turn Four (new players still welcome)
« Reply #96 on: June 12, 2024, 12:58:37 pm »

TURN FOUR REVOLUTION

TURNTURNTURN
The Priesthood launch their revolution. Fires rage across the city; people scream; the streets are soaked in red.

Bonfires, that is. And I suppose 'screaming' is an impolite way to refer to the musical talents of the citizenry. As for the wine being spilt, there's always more where that came from.

Yes, the Priesthood have declared a never-ending festival, under the leadership of the new Mistress of Ceremonies. They may be reliant on subordinates to actually enact the many celebrations, but surely anyone given the opportunity to become a Divine Justicar will be fully supportive of the government, and will not need to be bribed persuaded to support the MC.

Rexeme(Rockeater) is immediately granted the Office of Mistress of Ceremonies.

Quote from: Partycracy
CREATED BY: Priests

DESCRIPTION: PARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY

OFFICES: Mistress of Ceremonies: If the Polis does not host at least one Celebration in a turn, the current MC is deposed, and replaced with the player with the highest Priest Popularity (excluding the former MC).
   Divine Justicar: The MC may appoint any player with positive Priest Popularity as a Divine Justicar. All DJs are fired if the reigning MC is deposed.

OFFICE ACTIONS: The Mistress of Ceremonies can: Suggest, Appoint DJ, Preside Over Ceremony. They earn 0d and 4 Points per turn.
      -Suggest: Does NOT count as voting Yes, but affects Popularity as if it does. Tag with ACTx3.
      -Appoint DJ: The target may choose to reject the office.
      -Preside Over Ceremony: Once per turn, spend 500d to gain 1 Priest Popularity.

Divine Justicars can: Vote Yes, Vote No, Dis/respect MC, Quit Office. They earn 500d and 2 Points per turn.
      -Vote Yes, Vote No: Affects Popularity. Tag with ACTx3. 
      -Dis/respect MC: Once per turn, EITHER the MC earns an extra 500d salary this turn, OR the MC loses 1 Priest Popularity. This action is mandatory. 
      -Quit Office: Not possible if you have already voted this turn. You must Dis/respect the MC before Quitting.

Outsiders can: Slander Rivals, Party.
      -Slander Rivals: Once per turn, reduce another player's Popularity with a chosen Class by 1. Make sure the target player is aware of this. A player may only be Slandered twice per turn.
      -Party: Once per turn, gain 1 Popularity with a Class that had a Celebration last turn. (To be clear, this is in addition to passive popularity growth)

POLIS ACTIONS: The Partycracy has 2 Bureaucratic Capacity. It can enact Basic Campaigns, Celebrate (Class). It receives 1000d in tax profit per turn.
      -Celebrate (Class): Costs 1 Bureaucratic Capacity and 1000d Treasury. Can be dedicated to any non-Priest Class. Classes always Love Celebrations dedicated to them.

CLASS MODIFIERS: Soldiers lose 1 Mood each turn. Priests gain 1 Mood each turn. Nobles gain 1 Power each turn.

SPECIAL RULES: Any non-Priest Class that does not have a Celebration dedicated to them two or more turns in a row loses 1 Mood.

When news of the Revolution reached outlying farming communities, they immediately started working on a law proposal to submit to the People's Council. A delegation of farmers just arrived in the city, and were, um, a bit perturbed to find out that there had been a second Revolution. But they came all this way, so they might as well try to get the Partycracy to pass their law anyway, right?
Quote from: Permanent Agricultural Subsidies Law
Whilst this Law is in force, the Polis loses 500d Treasury each turn.
The Agricultural Expansion Campaign is changed to "Add 1500 Drachmae to the Polis Treasury. Increases the Power of the Commoners Class by 1."
This Law may be Repealed at any time. The Commoners would Hate that.
Despite the change in government, the Commoners Demand that this Law be passed.

((It's a Law Proposal! It's like an event, except the effects are permanent, and usually it's a lot clearer what the Classes think about it.
In this case, the Commoners are especially zealous about it; they Demand it be passed. This means three things: one, they Hate it failing, but do not actually Love it succeeding (thus no Popularity is earned voting in favour, nor will Commoner Mood increase). Two, nobody needs to Propose (or Suggest) it, it can immediately be voted on. Three, abstaining is considered the same as voting against it.
Laws, once passed, stay in effect. This one happens to be... not great, but other Laws could have more balanced or even beneficial effects.
A Law will usually mention if/when it can be Repealed, and what consequences doing so would have. In this case, it can be Repealed whenever; the Repeal can be proposed on any turn, then voted for as usual.))

STATE OF THE POLIS
Treasury: 4000d
Prestige: 1.1

CLASSES
Class| Mood| Power| Loved Campaign| Hated Campaign
Commoners|   8   |   2   | Temples| Commerce
Merchants|   8   |   2   | Agriculture| War
Soldiers|   8   |   2   | Commerce| Agriculture
Priests|   8   |   2   | Commerce| Sponsor
Nobles|   8   |   2   | Agriculture| War

Spoiler: Quickref (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2024, 01:53:28 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

FiveBalesOfHay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Rockeater, I'll add 500d to your salary if you appoint me to Divine Justicar.

I send 3500 to Konios.

Spoiler: Heliados (click to show/hide)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Konios the Poorer (click to show/hide)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

I'm stoked to party. I also promise to Respect the MC if appointed DJ
Quote from: Turn 4
Actions:
   - TBD
Classes:
TBD
Spoiler: Kasho the Elder (click to show/hide)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 12, 2024, 07:18:33 pm »

Tyranos visits a temple. The priests love this.

Spoiler: Tyranos (click to show/hide)
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 12, 2024, 07:39:02 pm »

I will also respect Rexeme if I am made a Divine Justicar.

Increase Priest Popularity
Spoiler: Pythodoros (click to show/hide)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 13, 2024, 07:38:10 pm »

The Priests love me now

Spoiler: Evicticus Sainticus (click to show/hide)

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
Re: Venturecracy: Rule the Polis | Turn Three (new players still welcome)
« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2024, 01:20:55 am »

I'm down to chug as much wine as I can and get high off of mountain fumes.

Spoiler: Dexamene (click to show/hide)
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 14, 2024, 03:51:26 am »

"As a thanks to Kasho the Elder on his support in starting this party, I shall appoint him as Divine Justicar, and give him the choice on which gods we shall celebrate today!"

ACTACTACT
Appoint Kashyyk to DJ
Suggest Celebration (Commoners)
(+1 Com)
Suggest Celebration (Nobles) (+1 Nob)
Suggest Temples(+1 Com)
Suggest Agricultural Expansion(+1 Mer,+1Nob,-1 Sol)
Improve relation with Nobles
Spoiler: Rexeme (click to show/hide)
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12