Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Soviet Mafia ENDED.  (Read 4434 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Soviet Mafia (5/7, Day 2)
« Reply #135 on: June 17, 2024, 01:36:55 pm »

Does anybody want to claim what happened to EJ/sofanthiel? They didn’t hammer themselves, and there was an action used shortly before the hammer which Max suggested we stop talking. Probably not a coincidence, that.

It can’t have been CM if they used their action to be vote immune, and Tric claims to have used something on me.

Additionally, I hope CM didn’t do something incredibly stupid, like give obviously non-town immunity from the vote given Imp’s only interest on D1 was attacking players who thought shooting the survivor may be wise, and trying to con CM into giving up an unbelievably good ability.

It could have been Tric, but he implied he used something on me, so I don’t think it was him.

That leaves me, NJW, Imp, and AP.

NJW has claimed to have used an action during N1, which means they’re claiming not to have ended our hydra, so I guess Imp and AP need to get talking.

I did nothing in the night, but I did receive contraband.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 17, 2024, 01:42:21 pm »

OMG.  I am alive.  Thank you everyone who had anything to do with that and everyone who did not take actions they could to end me, should those have not been taken.

I am also not converted or otherwise changed.  I pray that whoever the heck wins this game can win with a straight survivor, only has to be alive when game ends, and who has no way to end the game themself - my wincon does not seem to have an 'end condition' other than be alive when the game ends.

I still have no information to broker; I do not know what any roles other than mine are, or any numbers of anyone.

I still want no enemies, but consider whoever it is that kills those who want Imp dead to be friendly if not full allies.  I know I have no way to know if anyone but town could possibly win with me alive, and I had no desire to see any town die, but bleep bleep bleep curse that anyone who doesn't need me dead would call me 'at best useless' and vote me and want me dead.

Hector, I don't want conflict with you.  I don't want conflict with anyone.  I handle fear well but you all are terrifying and powerful, at least some of you clearly are.  I make no claims about what I can and can't do and have or have not done, but those who would treat me as ally - I do not consider myself useless by any means.  I am a darn useful survivor and a useful ally for those who would have me; and if you demand I be your enemy then I will try to be a useful enemy - who the flip wants enemies in the middle of Russian winter?  And that goes for you townies too.  Town is tempting for me as an ally because I know town wincon can win with me - for all I know town is my only hope, and it sickens me to see that town voted me 'even if I am a survivor'.  Town you don't have time.  Chase your wincon, I'm not one of your enemies.

Anyone else, I have to trust you not to simply intend to kill me later, that you don't need me dead for some horrible reason like 'can only win if everyone not on your team is dead' or some other misery like that.  I find myself very trusting, I have only the hope that someone wants to win with me.

I have hope.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 17, 2024, 01:48:33 pm »

Imp, every single one of your posts can just be “I’m a survivor” from now on if you don’t want to engage. This isn’t a criticism, you’re playing to your claimed wincon, but… you’re not really adding anything to the game for my wincon with long-winded posts asking to be left alone/lashing out at those who are discomfited by neutral TPs/asking for powerful abilities.

Do you have contraband? Town and scum benefit from this information, it is not going to harm your wincon to reveal it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 17, 2024, 01:49:40 pm »

Also, btw, maybe we shouldn’t be getting people to L-1 while we know there’s something in the game that makes that basically an elimination.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 17, 2024, 01:54:47 pm »

Imp, every single one of your posts can just be “I’m a survivor” from now on if you don’t want to engage. This isn’t a criticism, you’re playing to your claimed wincon, but… you’re not really adding anything to the game for my wincon with long-winded posts asking to be left alone/lashing out at those who are discomfited by neutral TPs/asking for powerful abilities.

Do you have contraband? Town and scum benefit from this information, it is not going to harm your wincon to reveal it.

You continue to misread/not read/misunderstand my posts.  Unfortunate.

I seek allies, I continue to engage.

I already said "I make no claims about what I can and can't do and have or have not done"

I also make no claims about contraband I may have had and may now have.

If I ever decide it's advantageous to do so, I will do so.

It is so odd that you may think I do not wish to engage.  Your perspective that I add nothing to the game with your wincon increases my sense of bias that you do not intend to win with me, if you even can.

I am actively and openly negotiating with everyone alive.  From you I seem to be hearing 'not interested' and 'Imp is not useful to me'.  That is unfortunate if so, but perhaps I misunderstand you.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 17, 2024, 01:58:23 pm »

No, Imp, you make yourself useful to me and I’ll win with you. That is, and always has been, the price for you to win with me.

You want your allies to take all of the risk, and you don’t offer to take any of the burden. Sounds a bit one-sided doesn’t it?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 17, 2024, 01:59:58 pm »

Currently my demand is for you to say what contraband you have. As I say, it costs you nothing with either side, and you’re going to lose it at the end of the day anyway.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 17, 2024, 02:17:54 pm »

At least there’s no rule against multi-posting.

Somebody needs to confirm giving NJW a protect.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 17, 2024, 02:18:59 pm »

It can’t have been CM if they used their action to be vote immune, and Tric claims to have used something on me.

Additionally, I hope CM didn’t do something incredibly stupid, like give obviously non-town immunity from the vote given Imp’s only interest on D1 was attacking players who thought shooting the survivor may be wise, and trying to con CM into giving up an unbelievably good ability.
No worries, I didn't give my contraband to Imp.
Does anybody want to claim what happened to EJ/sofanthiel? They didn’t hammer themselves, and there was an action used shortly before the hammer which Max suggested we stop talking. Probably not a coincidence, that.
I received a contraband that allows me to double vote but it doesn't say anything about making a player self vote. I also gained the information that there is a player with a contraband that can prime others.
Somebody needs to confirm giving NJW a protect.
I gave my contraband to NJW2
NJW: Who did you suspect would've killed you last night?
she/her

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 17, 2024, 02:39:17 pm »

The way you say that suggests you don’t have the contraband that can prime.

Should we be worried you are getting information about contraband you don’t have?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 17, 2024, 03:21:26 pm »

Should we be worried you are getting information about contraband you don’t have?
Yes, I don't have the contraband to prime others, in fact, I'm guranteed to die today if I was primed somtime before eod. Also, the contraband allows me to kill a primed target at night
You shouldn't be worried because I'm sharing information.
she/her

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 17, 2024, 03:26:36 pm »

I also gained the information that there is a player with a contraband that can prime others.
Interesting... is it safe for you to be more specific? If we can get hold of a kill, that could be huge, but that's potentially very dangerous with this few players.

NJW: Who did you suspect would've killed you last night?
Well, regardless of who the mafia were, I didn't get much heat D1, which made me a likely mafiakill target according to conventional play.

In terms of which players I thought might actually be mafia and want to kill me... I mean, that's basically asking where my reads were last night. Which is fair enough, though I'd like to caveat that my reads right now are more to do with the events of the night and people's claims.

I thought there was something odd about animepigeon - they seemed over-friendly in most cases, and oddly happy to align with Imp against Hector. This could just be a newer player sticking to the person they knew and trying to remain on most people's good side, so it was a pretty weak read. Scum!Animepigeon would be especially willing to kill me. I've also found Hector to be worryingly defensive and quick to misread people's posts, though there are extenuating circumstances there. scum!Hector might well target me, though I don't know if they'd go for me in particular. And I guess scum!Imp wouldn't like the fact that I'm pretty sympathetic to Hector's position. So those were my reads D1... there wasn't much to go on.

Imp: claim your contraband or lack of it now. I'm not going to trust your survivor claim 100% and nothing you can say will change that. I'd ask this of someone who hadn't claimed survivor and that I was townreading.

Yes, I don't have the contraband to prime others, in fact, I'm guranteed to die today if I was primed somtime before eod. Also, the contraband allows me to kill a primed target at night
You shouldn't be worried because I'm sharing information.
ffs why would you say this
One wheel short of a wagon

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 17, 2024, 05:11:04 pm »

Ok, it's not going to be an issue today, because I have the contraband that primes people and there's probably only one

but

jesus christ

that was information that needed to stay in the dark and there is now another goddamn plate to keep spinning.

For the benefit of CrystallizedMire, and anyone else who hasn't realised this, it is very possible that we are on a knife edge right now.

We are down to five players, in a game that quite possibly has two scum who, if they don't include Imp, have not yet openly allied with her solely out of caution.

Even if the setup is something else, like scum+SK or mafia+mally (mafia ally, google it), we are a kill and an elimination away from having 3 players left. And there is extra killing power and two forms of vote manipulation. I shouldn't have to explain this, but we are very likely at LYLO or at least MYLO, depending on the setup. If anyone else has critical information scum could potentially use, please think carefully before revealing it. Don't vote until you're certain, and absolutely DO NOT vote until AnimePigeon has had a chance to post.

And that's assuming we aren't just waiting around for scum to endgame us right now, listening to Imp and Hector bickering.
One wheel short of a wagon

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 17, 2024, 05:37:31 pm »

It will be an issue since you are obliged to give that away before the night, and CM appears to think that’s when it triggers.

I think a wise decision may be to give it to CM.

Assuming, of course, scum don’t have means of stealing it *shrug* you were saying something about keeping things to yourself? :p Maybe you don’t have to worry about it though.

But you make a good point. If there’s two scum we’re in LYLO. If one, and CM has been primed, kind of a soft MYLO, depending on where the trigger ends up.

Also, Imp and I are not the only players in the game. I think we’ve made it abundantly clear to Imp that the hammering home the “I’m a survivor” point is unacceptable conduct now.

AP has done little, and was the last person to post prior to the hammer D1, so I am most intrigued to hear from them.

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 17, 2024, 05:41:51 pm »

It could have been Tric, but he implied he used something on me, so I don’t think it was him.

That leaves me, NJW, Imp, and AP.

NJW has claimed to have used an action during N1, which means they’re claiming not to have ended our hydra, so I guess Imp and AP need to get talking.

I did nothing in the night, but I did receive contraband.

No idea what happened.

I passed the Contraband I had to someone last night. Not used it - not used any actions yet either.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15