Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Soviet Mafia ENDED.  (Read 4457 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Soviet Mafia (7/7, Day 1)
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2024, 01:45:11 pm »

Nobody questioning Imp’s motivation regarding only positing game theory that benefits her wincon.

Imp is not town, can we stop interacting with them please? They’ve made it abundantly clear they only care about surviving, not finding scum.

They’ve realized their only position now is to not annoy town or scum enough that they decide they’re better off without Imp. Trying to convince town that it’s better to keep them alive because they’re not scum, and not scumhunting for the scum.

Are you all really not seeing this?

Absolutely, shooting scum would be better for town. Survivors are a good alternative, case in fucking point.

grins  Not scumhunting, huh?

Caught for the 'wrong reasons' perhaps.

I do think this one's behavior and thinking is likely to be scum.  I'm already voting likely scum, Hector13.

rest of my reads, including my actual read on Hector:

CM:  Lost in the snow?  We should send out search parties?  Or use the village siren and ask our Glorious Leader to prod her safely back to us?

TricMagic:  Very gentle and friendly for a dracoliche.  Has a neutral-presenting stance.  I read very, very, very high interest in what is going on and a desire to not provide information to others at this time.  Has only interacted with 'game in general', 3x playfully/informatively with AnimePigeon, and twice in reaction to my survivor claim.  Is being very mellow for TricMagic; I am perfectly content to allow this one to fix if they have a problem with me (I hope I'm allowed to survive it) and would be delighted to be permitted to win with this one.  Noteable for not interacting with the whole game yet, and a interesting level of reservation, which I admire and respect.

Hector13:  Standardish opening for Bay12 players, interacting with all of us, game-focused questions.  Much tension.  Here to 'pull teeth'.  Openly wants to figure out setup, was seeking a survivor, opines about a team of wreakers, and really wants to know who has contraband and how they might use it.  Seems to me to have a focus more like webadict in the CYOS game (scum with a drive to unlock strong abilities) than other types of focus.  Seems defensive, hostile, and very interested in controling how the game goes in multiple ways, and does not feel to me to be motivated towards a town-wincon, but also seems to be preparing for a win that does not include a living Imp - something town can do, they just find scum quickly so there is no endgame to worry about.  This isn't town focus here.

AnimePigeon:  Seems highly motivated to find opportunities to interpret others based on how they interpret AnimePigeon.  Wants to guide and direct how others think about AP, likely as a type of 'echo system'.  For what it's worth, I've seen him do something similar as town, in a game where I was scum, and I was going to kill him before D4 and regret doing so.  Happily town killed him for me, after he provided me with incredibly useful info I could use better than town and could not have gained without his help - I was dreading calling that kill on him, but it was needed, he's dangerous to anti-town when town.  I really don't want to harm this slot or role in any way and hope AP will be able and choose to fix any problems they may see in winning with me, should any exist.  I also see exploratory investigation towards each player that communicates towards AP, interest in all 6 not-AP slots, opinions and stances.  This could be town.

Sofanthiel:  I hope shares a slot with EuchreJack.  Sof is a chaos-style player in general, I'm very slightly more comfortable with that sort from my experiences away.  I see enthusiastic interaction mostly focused on Hector.

EuchreJack:  I hope shares a slot with Sofanthiel.  Jack seems going with the flow, politely recommended there be someone more scummy than me to vote or else go me, and just generally nicely interacted with Hector, myself, and AnimePigeon.

Hi, can't read much of either of these probable hydra heads.  Politely respecting your friendly outward attitude, and hoping to be permitted to win with you, should you make progress in that direction.  If you have some way to fix any problems you may see in my winning with you, cool, great, wonderful.  I'd be glad to share the win with you guys, if you're like one or two or whatever you are.  For polite thoroughness, I'll mention that I don't see much traditional scumhunting, but these two are definitely interested in the game.

NJW2000:  Confirms Hector13's statement about there being 'definitely' an anti-town faction, presumes wreckers, and that the wincon is intentionally slightly vague.  Shows strong and proper town focus, reasonable and respectful approach to everyone in the game, a bit more firm towards AnimePigeon than anyone else.  Hector misreads/misanswers NJW's question about 'ways to get rid of a survivor' which NJW follows up on.  Some outreach towards multiple players.  Very few posts, but the 2 posts are quality.  I admire this player and this playstyle and hope to be deemed worth to win with, and that if NJW sees any obstacles to my having a chance to win with NJW, that NJW is able and decides to take steps to help ensure I need not lose for NJW to win.  Additionally, NJW could be town, reasonable reactions and feel.

For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2024, 01:51:33 pm »

*snaps finger into finger guns* love the post Imp. Still voting me solely because I posited shooting you, but I like the fact you’re trying to make it look like something else.

You mind telling me the name of the contraband you have, Tric?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2024, 01:55:40 pm »

*snaps finger into finger guns* love the post Imp. Still voting me solely because I posited shooting you, but I like the fact you’re trying to make it look like something else.

eyes the finger guns  Yep, I have little idea how to survive this game.  Others will decide for me, I'm sure.

Tric, knowledge often helps scum far more than non-scum.  And they often start with a lot, but you surely know that, but the few things they don't already know is so incredibly useful.

Good luck, everyone.

is still eying those finger guns with a frown.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2024, 02:02:26 pm »

eyes the finger guns  Yep, I have little idea how to survive this game.  Others will decide for me, I'm sure.

Tric, knowledge often helps scum far more than non-scum.  And they often start with a lot, but you surely know that, but the few things they don't already know is so incredibly useful.

Good luck, everyone.

is still eying those finger guns with a frown.

Good luck?

You just gonna back out now, with 48 hours of the day remaining?

Nah nah nah bro, you want to win, you suggest you want a town victory? You scum hunt. You do not get off with a single reads post that is easily shown to be you looking out for your own survival.

All your little game theory things posit two scum. Who is my scum partner?

If you are wrong and I’m not scum, who is scum?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2024, 02:09:41 pm »

Good luck?

You just gonna back out now, with 48 hours of the day remaining?

Nah nah nah bro, you want to win, you suggest you want a town victory? You scum hunt. You do not get off with a single reads post that is easily shown to be you looking out for your own survival.

All your little game theory things posit two scum. Who is my scum partner?

If you are wrong and I’m not scum, who is scum?

Sure, you can chase me.

My 'game theory' is random ideas, I have no idea how many antitown we have - I know we have at least 1 survivor.  I already said that, but like a lot of scum, you have a goal and don't need to read much, just guide and control.

I don't know how many scum there are, that's something 'townie' about me for all I'm a survivor.

As far as 'backing out' goes, I'm the first to request in the thread that CM be mod-contacted about the game.  I'm playing very actively, and honestly, unlike you appear to be.

'nothing you can do can be good enough', nice psychological trap.  Interesting method choice.

I've come to call what you're doing 'dumping a bucket of scum on someone and shouting they stink'.

Nice effort though.  10/10 performance.

I'm not the one backing down, sweetheart.  You're the one saying just shoot you so you can enjoy your weekend (weird tastes for enjoyment there).  I am respecting the bleep out of your fingerguns, and I know you seem.... likely.... to think shooting me is a great idea, and that's before I started pointing out how wrong/bad your focus and posts' stance is.

Unlike you, I have a strong preference not to be shot.  But I'll play all day, every day that I'm allowed.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2024, 02:24:41 pm »

Optimum strategy for outed survivor is to find scum, yes yes.

Survivor is also a good fake claim for scum, yes yes also.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2024, 02:27:54 pm »

Imp: Being Imp
Hector: talking about Survivovr claim and why we should shoot them.
AnimePidgeon: Mostly here for the ride

Have I seen a SofaJack today? checks. No I have not. SofaJack how are things in Hydraland? Enjoying your scumchat?

I've got no comments on contraband other than waiting to take my shot till near end of day.
Both Sofa and I have posted, thank you very much.

Sofa and I haven't chatted much in our Hydrachat.  We have different schedules apparently.

@Everyone else: Anyone think Tric is scum?
Tric certainly sounds like Tric when he gets a gun and is town...

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2024, 02:33:08 pm »

@Everyone else: Anyone think Tric is scum?
Tric certainly sounds like Tric when he gets a gun and is town...

Umm, like in FBYOR 6 where Tric was town/SK and could kill folks with his ability and D1 challenged and pressed the heck out of me and voted the claimed 'can kill anyone who votes him' Jim and died D1, town killing town?

I would call that Tric being town and Tric having a gun.  I see some differences, do you?

But what the differences mean, I don't know and I don't know how to find out this game, probably for someone else to do.

But that you think they're so similar, that's cool.

Same to you????

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2024, 02:45:24 pm »

K, action submitted. Now would be a good time to shoot me Hector.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2024, 02:47:10 pm »

You’re playing to your survivor wincon. You have zero interest in helping town because it will draw the ire of the scum. This is why you don’t posit any potential partners to me, this is why you don’t posit any alternatives to me because you can’t be too helpful to town lest scum shoot you.

Your reads list is basically “everyone but hector is nice and friendly and respectful and I’d like to win with them and not mean ol’ hector”. Heck, you even say I’m playing like a completely different player when that player was scum so I maybe might be scum too. You are so focused on me because I’m the only one suggesting you losing the game is a good thing for town.

Let’s expand on the reason why I consider survivors to be a bad thing for town generally.

If it is as you say, and scum!me can’t win with you, what difference does it make whether you get to endgame? Assume I play perfectly and we have three players left at MYLO,…

… there is no difference between it being you, me, and 1 town as it is if there were two town and me if I can’t win with a survivor.

So scum!me doesn’t care if you make it to endgame if I win with or without you, so why does scum!me worry about it? Answers on a postcard, please.

Town!me, on the other hand, knows you can win without me and if we get to the point in the game where it’s you, town!me, and scum, I know you don’t give two shits who dies as long as it’s not you. How is this a good thing for the townie in that position?

THAT is why I don’t want you in the endgame, and why I suggested anyone who could should shoot you.

Optimum strategy for outed survivor is to find scum, yes yes.

Survivor is also a good fake claim for scum, yes yes also.

Please help make the rest of the town understand, this is so obvious.

As for your other question, Tric is Tric. He will lord the power to kill over us until he uses it, and if he gets other contraband with abilities, probably telegraph that power too.

PPE: Thank the gods, release.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2024, 02:52:09 pm »

Does the day end if you shoot someone Tric? If not, y’all have work to do while I sit back and get drunk.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2024, 02:58:52 pm »

AnimePigeon (0):
CrystalizedMire (2): AnimePigeon, hector13
hector13 (1): Imp
Imp (0):
NJW2000 (0):
sofaJack (1): TricMagic
TricMagic (0):

Not voting: CrystalizedMire, NJW2000, sofaJack

4 to hammer.

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2024, 03:02:31 pm »

Does the day end if you shoot someone Tric? If not, y’all have work to do while I sit back and get drunk.
Getting Drunk due to Scotland's loss?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2024, 03:08:54 pm »

Getting Drunk due to Scotland's loss?
Having a BBQ at a friends’ hoose.

Scotland fans were singing “you’re not singing anymore” when they scored to make it 4-1. It was brilliantly funny, and restored my joy at being Scottish.

I notice I’m not dead Tric, why do you tease me so :(

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2024, 03:45:32 pm »

Cause some people take alliteration too seriously. I was calling for you to shoot me, not the other way round. Guess not everyone is a Jim.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15