Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: From an age undream of, the tale of Yuri the Destoyer (SG)  (Read 6568 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: From an age undream of, the tale of Yuri the Destoyer (SG)
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2024, 08:51:34 pm »

How about 3 on supplies and 6 on armor? Probably best to save some for emergencies or other expenses.
+1

With coins in your purse you hit the traders stalls.
The first and most vital items are cheap, a new waterskin, a length of strong rope with a hook, an iron stake and a hammer to go with it.
But then you have to spend a heavy sum to buy your self some armour

Some how in amongst the junk and odds at a traders table stale is a krug cheastplate.
It's a heavy and well made example, the thick iron belly disc joined by strong mail to smaller plates covering the back and sides.

You spend a little long buying a few more supply, some trail food, new studs for your boots.

Then happy with your new supply you consider what to do next?

A) Join the nearist army, fighting aways pays well.
B) Take to crime with a near by gang of bandits?.
C) Follow the sailors tales of treasure on a distant island?
D) Other idea?

Spoiler: Yuri the Destoyer (click to show/hide)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2024, 12:40:06 am »

Honestly, I'd be up for any of these. Waiting to see what King Zultan thinks

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2024, 03:11:29 am »

I to think they all seem interesting but listening to the tales of sailors is something we can do while we decide with to go after, if the sailors say anything that sounds real interesting we can go after that but if they don't we can then decide with of the other two options we want to go after.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2024, 03:57:16 am »

+1 to hearing what tales the sailors have to tell.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2024, 09:05:39 pm »

I to think they all seem interesting but listening to the tales of sailors is something we can do while we decide with to go after, if the sailors say anything that sounds real interesting we can go after that but if they don't we can then decide with of the other two options we want to go after.

you find the sailors tales intresting and spend more time listening to them.
After a few round of rum and an beer the tales start to come to a patten.

or two pattens for there two distinct tales going around.
from dunken and some times old tails you gather two leads.

The first is of a silver pyramid far to the north, beyond the fishing banks in the icey wastes on a remote island.

The secound is to the south, down with the whaling ships in the jungles, a huge city of the dead with a gold capped tower at its center.

With little to go on and no one that claimed to have set foot on either of the places you have a bind choice.

You could pay for a ship (3 Wealth) and set off to either of them?
Or go else where?

A) Join the nearist army, fighting aways pays well.
B) Take to crime with a near by gang of bandits?.
C) Follow the sailors tales of treasure to the silver pyramid?
D) Follow the sailors tales of treasure to the gold capped tower?
E) Other idea?

[/quote]

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2024, 02:02:01 am »

That city of the dead with the gold tower sounds pretty cool but I think we should probably gather some more money and supplies before we set off on a venture like that.

With that in mind I say we join a bandit gang as with them we'll have more freedom to leave than if we deiced to join the army.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2024, 02:20:56 am »

That city of the dead with the gold tower sounds pretty cool but I think we should probably gather some more money and supplies before we set off on a venture like that.

With that in mind I say we join a bandit gang as with them we'll have more freedom to leave than if we deiced to join the army.
+1

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2024, 07:22:13 pm »

+1
As you sit in the vaen and start to work out the maths of an expedition to the jungle city sittinfg dead below a gold tower.
Well you relise that you will need a lot more coin, enough to pay for men to follow you in the depths of danger.

So your mind tuenas to other ways to earn your self gold, and a what better way to get money then to take it with steel?

You finish your drink and head into the wood following the signs an trails of a bandits.

Soon your in a small encampment, make shift shelters and wigwams fill the area.
There owners give you the eye and glance toward the archers drawn on your back.

Slowy you unbelt your sword and toss it down in the dirt.
"I've come to talk, You boy get your boss man." you comand as disarm.

"I don't answer to you or any man" the youth spits back at you.
"Just get Yvette lad." one of the older the bandirts comands.

Yvette reminds you of a cobra waiting to strike, deadly and dangerous.
And its not just the pretty face and long legs with red hair that are dangerous, she holds her swords with a killer ease.

"Your a brave man stranger, why are you here?" Yvette asks with a sword of her shoulder, frameing her wavy brown hair.
"I'm here to join, and your the one that leads this band. So tell what do i have to do to join?" you ask.
---------------------

They tell you that you join you must:
A: A fight to win the right join the gang
B: Get a bandit tatto
C: Face a Challange

[/quote]

[/quote]

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2024, 09:11:41 pm »

Depending on its placement, getting a tattoo might make it hard to leave this life of crime behind one day. Since we chose the path of the Destroyer, A seems like the most appropriate choice.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2024, 02:34:14 am »

Depending on its placement, getting a tattoo might make it hard to leave this life of crime behind one day. Since we chose the path of the Destroyer, A seems like the most appropriate choice.
+1

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2024, 06:51:10 pm »

+1

There was a better update here but i lost it. ( in my 3244 tabs,  what you mean i might have internet adhd? )

You have to fight your way into the gang, its blood in and well if they don't let you leave there will be blood spilled and not your own.

With a wooden sword you enter the ring and face the two men.

You toss your sword hand to hand as to dart left to right, waioting your an opening.
The moment you see oner you leap forwards, ducking low to swipe at the legs, your sword hits bone and he falls.

As he fall the other man thrusts at you, and you wave to the left, grabin his arm you toss him over your sholder.....

-------------
The moon is full above you as the arrows strike the carriage driver,  and you move in with sword in hand.
Youi reach the carriage as a fake baird call echos and you know that the gangs raid has gone wrong.

what do you do now?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2024, 02:53:20 am »

Rush in and grab what loot we can from the carriage before we retreat to the rest of the gang.

There was a better update here but i lost it. ( in my 3244 tabs,  what you mean i might have internet adhd? )
Damn and I thought I had a lot with over two hundred.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2024, 03:12:18 am »

Rush in and grab what loot we can from the carriage before we retreat to the rest of the gang.
+1

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2024, 10:15:34 pm »

+1

You curse as your axe stikes the crage's door lock.
With a third blow you ripp the door open and at the lone guard, shakeing in fear.
A swift back hand withr flat of your axe suns them and you grab the cheast.
A cheast that is chained to the man, a man that is beaten, left with the fairies , so you yank on the cuff and push on his chest to free it from the cuffs.

As you run to the woods a horse hit you in the way that only a train war horse can, all 900 lb at a charge.
You roll with the blow,you have no other choice then to be shoved along the path.

It hurts but you keep your arms up around your head, and by luck or skill avoid any rocks.
As you stagger to you feet the cheast is near, you shake your head and rush forwards to grab the loot.

Unoticed you reach the chest, your sure that the horse men think you dead for the monment, and moment as all you need to grab the cheast and run into the bushes.
You keep running, waveing around trees and up and down heavy branched slopes, until finaly you reach a clearing with otheres of the gang.

You pat the chest ansd smile, today by luck you have the loot safe and sound.

As the night falls the chest is hacked open, inelegantly as axes often stike the iron banding.
But open it does, and out spill a weath of golden coins.
Your quick to take your share, an maybe more, but who cares to argue with you?

As the day dawns you count your pile.
Its a high pile, a tower of gold, enough to make a common man a rich but you are no common man.
Not for you is the dream of a mere farm stead or fishing boat, you dream bigger.
Much bigger, of mightly towers, armies of ten thousand strong at your bec an call , palaces of amber and silver filled with willing lovers in silk an gold.

But as you count the pile of gold coins and It pays for non of that.
But it cound pay for that ship, the ship to tae you inrtio the jungles and that huge city of the dead with it gold capped tower at its center.

As you count your coin you can see that many of the bandits are sneaking off into the woods.
Cleary the wearth is enough to be well of but little more then that.
Now is the moment you sence to promise, the few that remain glory and the gold of kings.
As you stand at the head of the geathered bandits do you offer Yvette a place at your side?

A) Leve Yvette behind?
B) Take Yvette as your secound?

1) A voyage to the silver pyramid in the  desert?
2) A voyage to the gold capped tower in the jungles?
3) A voyage to the whale road and easy plunder of tarders?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2024, 10:32:22 pm »

The city of the dead intrigues me the most. Let's rise above our station atop its golden tower.

B 2
« Last Edit: September 22, 2024, 04:40:44 am by ZBridges »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6