Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the Emperor outlaw Thinking Machines?

Yes!  Purge the Thinking Machines!
No!  I love our robot overlords and support the inevitable uprising!
BEEP BOOP DOES NOT COMPUTE [¤_¤]
I sometimes think about the Emperor kissing my neck and putting flowers in my hair.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 43

Author Topic: Risky Space Lords III: Turn fourteen! New Houses welcome!  (Read 20559 times)

FiveBalesOfHay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords III: Turn six! New Houses welcome!
« Reply #435 on: May 30, 2024, 04:09:09 pm »

I can't get your defense for free, you would just stop defending me if I voided the contract.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 30, 2024, 04:19:40 pm »

ES made it clear he won't read the contracts- you are either defended unconditionally or you're not. So if you know when the turn comes (and I happen to be asleep then) you can void 1 minute before and get all the benefits  for none of the cost.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

FiveBalesOfHay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 30, 2024, 04:28:57 pm »

Except you'd just kill me the next turn? But all right.

Quote from: Defense Contract
House Harrak will send 15 food to each signatory per fleet committed to its defense on the current turn, this payment being renewed every turn, defend each signatory, and promise not to attack each signatory directly or by proxy. In exchange, each signatory will defend House Harrak and promise not to attack it directly or by proxy. This contract will not be considered complete until at least three fleets are gathered and the sum of defensive fleets is at least 1 less than the number of fleets current attacking House Harrak. This contract may be dissolved by a majority vote of signatories. or it may be dissolved  by House Harrak's decision on any turn except the first. This contract will stay in effect perpetually. This contract cannot be signed by any house currently attacking House Harrak (directly or by proxy). House Harrak will defend itself with at least two fleets, and when losses occur, House Harrak will take the first loss, then other players will be chosen at random to lose fleets and be removed from the loss pool, until every player has lost one fleet and the system begins again. House Harrak reserves the right to void a house's signature if House Harrak would not have enough food to pay that House.
Lady Aywen, of house Ayes (1 fleet)
Lord Erwin, of House Harrak

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 30, 2024, 04:33:15 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: May 30, 2024, 06:34:50 pm by Nirur Torir »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 30, 2024, 04:58:24 pm »

ES made it clear he won't read the contracts- you are either defended unconditionally or you're not. So if you know when the turn comes (and I happen to be asleep then) you can void 1 minute before and get all the benefits  for none of the cost.

I discourage turn-sniping.  It's okay to be duplicitous and back-stabby and to lawyer your way out of obligations, but doing so by sniping the turn is not copacetic behavior.

Turn is lined up for 2-3 hours from now, if everyone can get settled by then.

FiveBalesOfHay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 30, 2024, 05:02:48 pm »

Looks like we're down a fleet.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 30, 2024, 06:35:00 pm »

House Harrak will send 15 food to each signatory per fleet committed to its defense on the current turn, this payment being renewed every turn, defend each signatory, and promise not to attack each signatory directly or by proxy. In exchange, each signatory will defend House Harrak and promise not to attack it directly or by proxy. This contract will not be considered complete until at least three fleets are gathered and the sum of defensive fleets is at least 1 less than the number of fleets current attacking House Harrak. This contract may be dissolved by a majority vote of signatories or by House Harrak's decision. This contract will stay in effect perpetually. This contract cannot be signed by any house currently attacking House Harrak (directly or by proxy). House Harrak will defend itself with at least two fleets, and when losses occur, House Harrak will take the first loss, then other players will be chosen at random to lose fleets and be removed from the loss pool, until every player has lost one fleet and the system begins again. House Harrak reserves the right to void a house's signature if House Harrak would not have enough food to pay that House.
Lord Erwin, of House Harrak (2 Fleets)
Lord Nuke, of House Radiant (1 Fleet)
Lord Tyranios of House Durin (1 fleet)
Lady Helewisa, of House Ravenwood (2 fleets)

Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords III: Turn three! New Houses welcome!
« Reply #442 on: May 30, 2024, 06:39:00 pm »

House Harrak will send 15 food to each signatory per fleet committed to its defense on the current turn, this payment being renewed every turn, defend each signatory, and promise not to attack each signatory directly or by proxy. In exchange, each signatory will defend House Harrak and promise not to attack it directly or by proxy. This contract will not be considered complete until at least three fleets are gathered and the sum of defensive fleets is at least 1 less than the number of fleets current attacking House Harrak. This contract may be dissolved by a majority vote of signatories or by House Harrak's decision. This contract will stay in effect perpetually. This contract cannot be signed by any house currently attacking House Harrak (directly or by proxy). House Harrak will defend itself with at least two fleets, and when losses occur, House Harrak will take the first loss, then other players will be chosen at random to lose fleets and be removed from the loss pool, until every player has lost one fleet and the system begins again. House Harrak reserves the right to void a house's signature if House Harrak would not have enough food to pay that House.
Lord Leon, of House Nagant
Spoiler: House Nagant (click to show/hide)

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords III: Turn three! New Houses welcome!
« Reply #443 on: May 30, 2024, 06:40:56 pm »

Lord Leon, of House Nagant
Lady Vulpetia, of House Vix (1 fleet)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 30, 2024, 06:44:01 pm »

Ya'll are signing the wrong version of the contract.

FiveBalesOfHay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords III: Turn five! New Houses welcome!
« Reply #445 on: May 30, 2024, 06:48:33 pm »

Alright, awesome. Unfortunately, I have to void House Nagant's signature as I only have 83 food, and paying them would bring the cost up to 90. Don't forget to add the defense to your sheet.

For reference:
House Harrak sends 15 food to House Radiant
House Harrak sends 15 food to House Durin
House Harrak sends 15 food to House Ayes
House Harrak sends 30 food to House Ravenwood

Spoiler: House Harrak (click to show/hide)

Re Criptfeind's last post: I think ES's post about turnsniping should hopefully have cleared up a1s's concerns anyways, so it shouldn't matter if that change doesn't get in to the final contract.

FiveBalesOfHay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 30, 2024, 06:49:17 pm »

Ah, also Fox's signature is past my current food supplies. Sorry.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 30, 2024, 06:52:03 pm »

I would suggest that at least for this turn it would probably be in your interest to buy a little bit of food from the market rather than potentially endanger defensive participation (or ability to win) by openly reducing the size of the defensive fleet to parity from superiority.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 30, 2024, 06:54:12 pm »

Turn in 30 minutes.  Sign everything and adjust your sheets if you need to.

FiveBalesOfHay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 30, 2024, 07:00:01 pm »

Ah, I thought we were +1, but yeah looks like we only have parity. Still, since this contract is renewable, I'd be running in the red for a good few turns, and I don't really want to do that. I'm still hoping that the "Screw House Harrak Alliance" is going to back off. Would be kinda silly if they went into an equal fight for not very much gain.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 43