Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the Emperor outlaw Thinking Machines?

Yes!  Purge the Thinking Machines!
No!  I love our robot overlords and support the inevitable uprising!
BEEP BOOP DOES NOT COMPUTE [¤_¤]
I sometimes think about the Emperor kissing my neck and putting flowers in my hair.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 43

Author Topic: Risky Space Lords III: Turn fourteen! New Houses welcome!  (Read 20566 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords III: Turn six! New Houses welcome!
« Reply #420 on: May 30, 2024, 01:01:55 pm »

Well, nothing left to do except see if I can actually survive this.

Quote from: Defense Contract
House Harrak will send 15 food to each signatory per fleet committed to its defense this turn, defend each signatory, and promise not to attack each signatory directly or by proxy. In exchange, each signatory will defend House Harrak and promise not to attack it directly or by proxy. This contract will not be considered complete until at least three fleets are gathered. This contract may be dissolved by a majority vote of signatories or by House Harrak's decision. This contract is perpetual. This contract cannot be signed by any house currently attacking House Harrak (directly or by proxy).
Lord Erwin, of House Harrak

If you cut the perpetual clause down to a more reasonable length, I might be persuaded to go for this. 15 food to perpetually commit a fleet to your defence is highway robbery.
Long Live United Forenia!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 30, 2024, 01:39:52 pm »

(Dude just smile and nod and let him pretend)

FiveBalesOfHay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 30, 2024, 01:51:15 pm »

Ah, I realize I wasn't clear about that. The food is sent every turn you renew the defense.

House Harrak will send 15 food to each signatory per fleet committed to its defense on the current turn, this payment being renewed every turn, defend each signatory, and promise not to attack each signatory directly or by proxy. In exchange, each signatory will defend House Harrak and promise not to attack it directly or by proxy. This contract will not be considered complete until at least three fleets are gathered. This contract may be dissolved by a majority vote of signatories or by House Harrak's decision. This contract will stay in effect perpetually. This contract cannot be signed by any house currently attacking House Harrak (directly or by proxy).

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 30, 2024, 02:36:30 pm »

Okay, a few more amendments.
-You have to commit at least 2 fleets to defence yourself.
-The minimum number of fleets committed (including your own) for the contract to be enabled should be no more than 1 fewer than are attacking you for the contract to be in effect. (currently that would be 6)
-The first fleet lost defending should come from the player being defended, with subsequent losses evenly divided. 

FiveBalesOfHay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 30, 2024, 02:44:57 pm »

That's fair, I suppose. But keep adding amendments and this thing will become unreadable.

House Harrak will send 15 food to each signatory per fleet committed to its defense on the current turn, this payment being renewed every turn, defend each signatory, and promise not to attack each signatory directly or by proxy. In exchange, each signatory will defend House Harrak and promise not to attack it directly or by proxy. This contract will not be considered complete until at least three fleets are gathered and the sum of defensive fleets is at least 1 less than the number of fleets current attacking House Harrak. This contract may be dissolved by a majority vote of signatories or by House Harrak's decision. This contract will stay in effect perpetually. This contract cannot be signed by any house currently attacking House Harrak (directly or by proxy). House Harrak will defend itself with at least two fleets, and when losses occur, House Harrak will take the first loss, then other players will be chosen at random to lose fleets and be removed from the loss pool, until every player has lost one fleet and the system begins again.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 30, 2024, 02:55:55 pm »

Alrighty. That's good enough for me.

House Harrak will send 15 food to each signatory per fleet committed to its defense on the current turn, this payment being renewed every turn, defend each signatory, and promise not to attack each signatory directly or by proxy. In exchange, each signatory will defend House Harrak and promise not to attack it directly or by proxy. This contract will not be considered complete until at least three fleets are gathered and the sum of defensive fleets is at least 1 less than the number of fleets current attacking House Harrak. This contract may be dissolved by a majority vote of signatories or by House Harrak's decision. This contract will stay in effect perpetually. This contract cannot be signed by any house currently attacking House Harrak (directly or by proxy). House Harrak will defend itself with at least two fleets, and when losses occur, House Harrak will take the first loss, then other players will be chosen at random to lose fleets and be removed from the loss pool, until every player has lost one fleet and the system begins again.
Lord Erwin, of House Harrak (2 Fleets)
Lord Nuke, of House Radiant (1 Fleet)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 30, 2024, 03:01:39 pm »

Count me in.

Lord Tyranios of House Durin (1 fleet)

My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 30, 2024, 03:11:04 pm »

Count me in.

I thought you were trying for neutrality.
If I'd signed your non-aggression pact, I'd have to pull out of the attack contract now.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 30, 2024, 03:21:17 pm »

Count me in.

I thought you were trying for neutrality.
If I'd signed your non-aggression pact, I'd have to pull out of the attack contract now.
I honestly don't trust you and cript to not turn around and try me again. Regardless of a NA.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 30, 2024, 03:40:06 pm »

Eh, might as well get paid for defending people.

Lady Aywen, of house Ayes (1 fleet)

Spoiler: House Ayes (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 30, 2024, 03:43:17 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

FiveBalesOfHay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 30, 2024, 03:49:29 pm »

House Harrak will send 15 food to each signatory per fleet committed to its defense on the current turn, this payment being renewed every turn, defend each signatory, and promise not to attack each signatory directly or by proxy. In exchange, each signatory will defend House Harrak and promise not to attack it directly or by proxy. This contract will not be considered complete until at least three fleets are gathered and the sum of defensive fleets is at least 1 less than the number of fleets current attacking House Harrak. This contract may be dissolved by a majority vote of signatories or by House Harrak's decision. This contract will stay in effect perpetually. This contract cannot be signed by any house currently attacking House Harrak (directly or by proxy). House Harrak will defend itself with at least two fleets, and when losses occur, House Harrak will take the first loss, then other players will be chosen at random to lose fleets and be removed from the loss pool, until every player has lost one fleet and the system begins again. House Harrak reserves the right to void a house's signature if House Harrak would not have enough food to pay that House.

Consent to update the contract to this (change is bolded)? It shouldn't really affect anyone, I just want to make sure no shenanigans happen where I end up pissing off ES because I can't make good on a payment.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 30, 2024, 03:50:38 pm »

I honestly don't trust you and cript to not turn around and try me again. Regardless of a NA.

Honestly, if you wanta take a moral stance against war in general, that's perfectly fine. Saying you don't trust us to keep our word when bales has actually just previously betrayed his allies is a silly take though.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 30, 2024, 03:59:02 pm »

House Harrak will send 15 food to each signatory per fleet committed to its defense on the current turn, this payment being renewed every turn, defend each signatory, and promise not to attack each signatory directly or by proxy. In exchange, each signatory will defend House Harrak and promise not to attack it directly or by proxy. This contract will not be considered complete until at least three fleets are gathered and the sum of defensive fleets is at least 1 less than the number of fleets current attacking House Harrak. This contract may be dissolved by a majority vote of signatories. or it may be dissolved  by House Harrak's decision on any turn except the first. This contract will stay in effect perpetually. This contract cannot be signed by any house currently attacking House Harrak (directly or by proxy). House Harrak will defend itself with at least two fleets, and when losses occur, House Harrak will take the first loss, then other players will be chosen at random to lose fleets and be removed from the loss pool, until every player has lost one fleet and the system begins again. House Harrak reserves the right to void a house's signature if House Harrak would not have enough food to pay that House.

Sign this (changes in bold) so we know you're not going to cancel last minute and leave us defending you for free.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 30, 2024, 04:05:49 pm »

House Durin will accept the food payment next turn.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

FiveBalesOfHay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 30, 2024, 04:06:45 pm »

Honestly, if you wanta take a moral stance against war in general, that's perfectly fine. Saying you don't trust us to keep our word when bales has actually just previously betrayed his allies is a silly take though.

You seem to be conflating a non-aggression pact which you have plenty of reasons to eventually break with a defense buying contract where one house is totally dependent on the others to protect it. Not only does House Harrak have no reason to "betray" House Durin here, I simply cannot think of something we could do that could even reasonably be called betrayal.

Yours and those other houses were also never my allies. Merely temporary partners in a matter of war and economics.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 43