Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the Emperor outlaw Thinking Machines?

Yes!  Purge the Thinking Machines!
No!  I love our robot overlords and support the inevitable uprising!
BEEP BOOP DOES NOT COMPUTE [¤_¤]
I sometimes think about the Emperor kissing my neck and putting flowers in my hair.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 43

Author Topic: Risky Space Lords III: Turn fourteen! New Houses welcome!  (Read 20580 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords III: Turn six! New Houses welcome!
« Reply #345 on: May 26, 2024, 06:35:16 pm »

First Mechanator of the Forge wins the bid!  The Emperor graciously grants the 5R world to Criptfiend.  Insanus Cancer accepts the Slag, then trades it to a minor House in exchange for their Fleet.

What? The emperor doesn't want to keep the slag as a private vacation world? I'm shocked. SHOCKED!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 26, 2024, 06:37:58 pm »

Nope, I turned it into a fleet because I make the rules and can do that if I want to.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 26, 2024, 07:16:50 pm »

ACTACTACT: House Ravenwood submits the following to the Emperor:

Quote from: The Ash-Dragon
Askja is not a particularly inviting world. Nearly cracked open by many asteroid bombardments in its early years, the particulates kicked up by those violent collisions still rain down as "ash" to this day. Askja is also violently volcanic, and eruptions often kick more particulates into the atmosphere, blotting out the sun for days at a time.

Nevertheless, there are a few hardy creatures that are adapted to these hostile conditions. One, somewhat fancifully-named, is the "ash-dragon". It is a large flying creature, with a wingspan several metres in length. It has a striking resemblance to certain legends from Old Earth, which gave rise to half of its name (now somewhat official, even among biologists). The second half is from its hunting habits - the ash-dragon is a carnivore, and its favoured way of killing prey is ambush from out of the dense clouds of ash. Although it is as blind as any other creature inside of the clouds, it is often seen to emerge from the clouds around volcanic springs, where the heat drives the ash away and many other creatures are known to feed.

With a great amount of effort, requiring no less than three regiments of the Askja Home Guard, House Ravenwood has captured a specimen and offers it for the Emperor's zoo.

House Ravenwood takes the following actions this turn:
  • Grow 1 pop on Seltun.
  • Expand Seltun.
  • Produce 12 alloy, 39 food, and 14^ in taxes.
  • Move 1 pop from Seltun to Askja.
  • Create two armies on Askja.
  • Move 1 army from Askja to Seltun.
Spoiler: House Ravenwood (click to show/hide)
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 26, 2024, 08:04:16 pm »

ACTACTACT: The House of Sands offers Mexican Sandhoffs for the Emperor's zoo.

Spoiler: Mexican Sandhoff (click to show/hide)

Note: Yes, this is a pun because of last turn's activities.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 26, 2024, 08:06:32 pm »

ACTACTACT: The Forge is glad to pass information on the horrible creatures found within it's domain to the emperor. We only hope this inspires you to lead a crusade against our local fauna. Please. We need help.

Quote from: The Amco Trapper
The most famous inhabitant of the Wreck is the deadly Amco Trapper, so named after both it's behavior and the mysterious ancient Amco shuttle that our most long lived Wreck Zoologists believe that it first made it's way to the Wreck on.

The Trapper is well adapted to crawl though the confusing and often deadly passageways in the fused hulls of the Wreck, a glistening bulbous central body sprouts many long, flexible, and spindly legs that end in wide flat circular feet. Several sharp stabbing claws made of a hardened crystalline bone material act as both weapons and feeding tools for the creature. it skewers its prey and then shoves them into its mouth, a grinding circle of sharp teeth surrounded by quite a few small red eyes. The creature is most often silent, but when approaching helpless trapped prey it will sometimes make a extremely unpleasant chittering and whistling sound. Early investigations into this behavior thought that it was a form of communication with other trappers about the availability of food, but as the species tend to  be loners the more modern and popular theory is that it is maliciously mocking it's prey and inducing terror as impending doom approaches.

The most important feature the creature has though is it's bodies ability to secrete a transparent viscous glue like substance of various densities and types. This organic glue and a counter agent is excreted by it's feet to allow it to stick to objects and rapidly and adroitly move though the zero G environments it often finds itself within. It can also make stronger and stickier types of glue from specific limbs which it uses to set snares and traps though it's territory to catch it's unfortunate victims. Once a prey animal or Wreck worker is trapped in the nearly invisible glue it becomes practically impossible to escape without the dissolving reagent, and the poor victim can do nothing but wait for the trapper to come back and finish it off. Two more varieties of the substance can also be pushed out though it's pores all over it's body. Firstly it can cover its body in a wet loose secretion that is both very good at dissipating heat and resisting fires, and has interesting anti radiation properties, two very important survival skills on the Wreck. Secondly it can excrete a rapidly hardening variety that forms a shell or cocoon around the creature, it can partially cover itself with this to briefly travel though hard vacuum, or entirely encase itself and enter a form of hibernation.

The creature remains the apex predator on the Wreck, and a constant danger for workers assigned to salvage operations. We attempted to capture a live adult specimen but after a substantial number of casualties we settled for shipping a vat of eggs immersed in glue. Simply have any large organic creature, from experience we know human sized is appropriate, ingest one of the egg sacks and after 3-4 weeks of what is best described as "terrifying hallucinations" the subject will erupt into upwards of a dozen juvenile trappers. We suggest this is not done on a inhabited planet without sufficient precautions.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2024, 09:57:44 pm by Criptfeind »

FiveBalesOfHay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords III: Turn five! New Houses welcome!
« Reply #350 on: May 26, 2024, 08:35:17 pm »

Spoiler: House Harrak (click to show/hide)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 27, 2024, 01:47:40 pm »

ACTACTACT: If it pleases the Emperor, we offer a species native to New Pluto for his grand menagerie.
Spoiler: Undulating Grassback (click to show/hide)

Move 2 Pops from New Pluto to New Charon. Move 2 Pops from Thpenos to New Charon. Production happens. Terraform New Charon. Grow pops on New Pluto and New Charon.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2024, 06:36:02 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 27, 2024, 03:59:05 pm »

Spoiler: House Ayes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2024, 10:30:09 am by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 27, 2024, 04:22:41 pm »

The House of Sands would like to buy 24 food for 21^, and sell 20 alloys.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 27, 2024, 04:29:31 pm »

The House of Sands would like to buy 24 food for 21^, and sell 20 alloys.
How about a straight swap of one for the other?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 27, 2024, 04:40:56 pm »

Sure.
Quote from: Trade Contract
The House of Sands will sell 20 alloys to House Ayes, in exchange for 24 food.
Nirur, of the House of Sands
______

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 27, 2024, 04:49:06 pm »

Quote from: Trade Contract
The House of Sands will sell 20 alloys to House Ayes, in exchange for 24 food.
Nirur, of the House of Sands
Lady Aywen, of House Ayes

Expand Scrapheap
increase pops on both planets
Spoiler: House Ayes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2024, 04:51:24 pm by a1s »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 27, 2024, 07:39:03 pm »

Spoiler: House of Sands (click to show/hide)

FiveBalesOfHay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 27, 2024, 10:13:55 pm »

Grow Everra and Dune, and terraform Dune.

Spoiler: House Harrak (click to show/hide)

ACTACTACT
House Harrak submits the following to the Emperor's Zoo:

Spoiler: Equus Iuvo (click to show/hide)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 28, 2024, 12:40:15 pm »

ActActAct: Bid the Army Sons of Koldon, and 40 Alloys for the planet, and offer Koldon's prized bioform, the Magnetithicus Voltaceani "Ridgebacked Krillick", aka the Arc-Throwing Crustacean, or Linesman's Nemesis.
Spoiler: Ridgebacked Krillick (click to show/hide)

Also, I'm interested in purchasing at least 10 food, for ^8.

Spoiler: House Sinister (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fealty Contract (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 43