Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Cracked Mirror  (Read 10847 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Cracked Mirror
« Reply #135 on: July 07, 2024, 06:20:27 am »

The cat perched on Esselez's shoulder looks around at the many cultists... then hops off her shoulder, walking up to the nearest one.  He sits down in front of the target... and meows demandingly, giving them an expectant look.  He'll follow them if they go somewhere.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 07, 2024, 08:33:08 pm »

Esselez takes a moment to look around while the others talk, before walking straight up to the apparent leader of the rabble with the silver tag. Straight up getting in his business as a noble with authority would to a subordinate. "Esselez." She pauses a moment before continuing, pointing at the silver tag around his neck. "(Give me Tribute.)"

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 08, 2024, 05:03:48 pm »

Val nods at Duh?, "What he said, yeah. Where's the other lot at, how many of 'em are there, all that." He pauses and glances at the dragonet still riding on him, "And you: no incinerations unless I say, bud."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 13, 2024, 04:04:43 am »

Spoiler: Duh? action (click to show/hide)

"Um... okayyy..."
After a moment of thought the apparent leader turns back to the others and calls out.
"Hey John! Grab a city map real quick!"
Upon seeing one of the others begin moving, he turns back to face your group.
"We'll have a map for you shortly. But as for us, um, we're all here, and... um, for defenses? Uh... I've got a knife? We aren't fighters, we don't really know much about that kind of thing."
one of the individuals in the crowd behind him speaks up.
"I've got a 9mm. And Leslie goes hunting sometimes."
This new invidual gestures with his arm to single out one of the pair at the back that are still holding each other after their embrace upon your arrival.

Spoiler: Hireshite action (click to show/hide)

At your words the eight that formed the ring stand up, two of them requireing assistance from the others, and you can see that those eight are mostly older individuals.
As they rise, you're able to see that their tags are some form of brassy metal, rather than the wood of the crowd or the silver of the leader.
After they return to their feet they move back into the crowd in general, and the others visibly make way for them as they move, making sure nothing gets in their way.

Spoiler: Taarkara action (click to show/hide)

"I see. We... aren't sure what it is you want, but we'll do what we can to help you gain what you desire."

Spoiler: Celosia action (click to show/hide)

The closest cultist to you is the exciteable one with a brass tag that called out when you arrived, an older woman, who glances at the others before kneeling down and cautiously reaching for your head, attempting to pet you.

Spoiler: Esselez action (click to show/hide)

The man stares at you blankly, then slowly reaches up to his tag and presents it towards you, not removing it from his neck, more showing it to you than exactly offering it, and his eyes flicker to the others, saying something you can't understand.
"Um, w-what exactly is she saying?"

Spoiler: Val action (click to show/hide)

"Er, um, the others who we need your aid to deal with are some kind of large street gang that got their hands on a lot of esoterica, There... we think there's about 40 of them? maybe more? Most of the time they use bats or knives but we know they've got some handguns and at least one automatic amoung them. They're probably storming our other sanctum as we speak."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 13, 2024, 12:19:10 pm »

Lift the silver tag off him.
"(This is mine now.)"

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 13, 2024, 01:17:14 pm »

Duh?  I project a patient, capable attitude and presence, and wait calmly for the map while observing everything I can, considering small details, how they're clothed and how clean and maintained those clothes are.  How clean the room seems.  I know it's made of stone and has some etching and torches around the walls, are there cobwebs and dust?

"Did you get everyone out of that other sanctum?  How long do you expect that other building to remain secure as that gang pushes?"
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 14, 2024, 10:59:51 am »

Val frowns, "Automatic? What, like those big rotating guns the Army's started using?" With a shake of his head he continues, "Whatever, we can just go around if we're in a city. Now, pal, this ain't exactly a free service. The others will be doin' what they like as far as extracting payment, but me? I'm gonna need something of great personal value from you for the service. Whatever you think is worth what we do. Savvy?"

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 15, 2024, 04:33:24 pm »

"What sorts of esoterica do they have with them?"
she/her

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 17, 2024, 05:45:37 pm »

Hireshite softly lays her hand on Esselez’s outstretched arm for a bit and tells her in gentler tone:
«Lifting their trinkets straight off them? Why such impatience?»
Then, turning to head cultist:
«Oh, but we know what she is saying hardly better than you, as it happens.»

« Last Edit: July 18, 2024, 02:55:14 am by MCreeper »
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 18, 2024, 09:58:48 am »

Headbutt the woman's hand affectionately, accept pats and pets.  Then, after maybe twenty seconds, meow loudly and head towards an exit.  Keep looking back at her and meowing loudly until she gets the hint to follow (and open any doors).  Try to find a way upwards, to the top of the building, or failing that, just outside and away.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 25, 2024, 11:32:35 am »

Spoiler: Esselez action (click to show/hide)

The man grows flustered as you lift the tag off him, but he doesn't physically resist your action, instead making more mouth-noises at you and looking around at your companions.
"W-what? Have I commited some offense?"
Well, the tag seems to have some strange script engraved on it on one side, and the word (Mirror) on the other.

Spoiler: Duh? action (click to show/hide)

Well, they're wearing matching plain and cheap heavy brown hooded robes which makes it hard to assess, but there is likely more individualized wear underneath them. The robes themselves seem to be in good condition, though they're a bit dusty, as is the room as a whole. checking the corners... yep, there's a couple cobwebs up top. This place clearly isn't used regularly and would benefit from a deep clean.

"There's nobody there and nothing important was left. We leaked the information to them on purpose, to buy us time for the ritual."

also, the man that was sent to collect a map returns and hands it to you, at which point it dissolves in a small spray of sparks into your hand, startling the cultists around you who collectively back away at the sight. About two seconds later, in the top right corner of your vision, a translucent overlay forms containing an unfolded image of the map.

((Image of map sent to you in your character thread on the game's discord))

Now if only you had a some reference points...

Spoiler: Val action (click to show/hide)

"Um... Uh..."
The man looks at the tag in Esselez's hand.
"Uh-understooood?"

Spoiler: Taarkara action (click to show/hide)

"A number of ritual items and archeological finds including a chained box, a jade flower, a gold tablet, a mummified frog, and an anomolous baseball bat. We don't know how much they kept and what they simply pawned off or broke though."

Spoiler: Hireshite action (click to show/hide)

"Uh... I... see..."
He still seems a bit out of sorts from having his tag taken, but is remaining mostly calm at least for now.

Spoiler: Celosia action (click to show/hide)

Pets.get()

the woman looks to the leader when you try to lead her away, but he nods in her direction in response, at which point she goes with you and follows.

finding a way upwards is easy enough, there's a wide (for you) staircase at the back of the room that leads upwards to a closed hatch in the ceiling. Upon your insistent meowing, the woman opens the hatch for you, revealing what appears to be a pantry, which she immediately opens from the inside to reveal a simple kitchen. You appear to have arrived from a semi-hidden basement of an ordinary residential building.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 25, 2024, 12:11:31 pm »

"Excellent.  Now, for us to discuss this map.  Do you have a second copy we can use to discuss, Duh?  It seems the map you've provided shows a portion of a fairly large city, predominantly featuring an irregular grid layout and perhaps two thousand building-like or distinct mostly-rectangular areas within a grid layout that may represent roads.  Almost all 'roads', if that's what they are, run straight north-south or east-west, forming smaller grids, square or rectangular, that seem to contain possible structures.  These structures are mostly rectangular but unevenly sized.  Perhaps 80 are considerably larger than the rest, or those may represent open spaces.

The most obvious landmark, to me, is what may be a park, at least it appears green and to have crooked paths throughout it, and it's within what I'd call the north-east quadrant.  Those paths are very distinctive, they're the only truly non-ordinal lines on this map, Duh?

There is a second most distinctive area aligned with what I would call the east side of the park but some blocks from it towards the north.  The distinctive area seems to have either much larger buildings or large cleared space devoid of buildings, in a fairly clumped area, and within its distinctive space is a cluster of what may be more typical buildings.

There's a third most prominent landmark, to my mind, along that same east 'road', far to the south, there two larger buildings or cleared areas are next to each other, with just a 'road' separating them.  Otherwise the edges of the map end abruptly, as if it were a page taken from a far larger layout, and as if the city it appears to show is larger than any boundary of this page.

Or so I'd describe and read the map.

We need to know where we are, and what the important structures are, and what information you can provide us, such as available transportation and whatever other authorities may be interested and get involved as we take action, Duh?
"

As he talks, Duh? crouches and sketches the rough position of the features he describes with his finger on the not-totally clean floor:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 25, 2024, 02:01:46 pm »

Esselez stares at Duh's dust-scribbling. "<Blah, blah.>"

She holds the tag up in front of her face. "<Uhhh, Mirror?>"

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 25, 2024, 02:11:34 pm »

"Oooh, shiny!"
Taarkara hops onto the plush to investigate the shiny tag.
she/her

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 26, 2024, 12:14:37 pm »

Observe an impromtu strategy meeting, so to say, do nothing.
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12