Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Cracked Mirror  (Read 10864 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Cracked Mirror
« Reply #120 on: June 25, 2024, 03:36:22 pm »

"(Uff, you're heavy, kitty. Someone's been feeding you too much.)"

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 25, 2024, 08:46:23 pm »

Taarkara nearly hopped off the human's shoulders but managed to regain balance on her perch.
((do nothing))
she/her

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 01, 2024, 11:47:04 pm »

"Alright, new batch, so here's what's up. First. sit."
Esselez notices that unlike everyone else she's encountered, she's able to understand this being perfectly, though his enounciation is a little odd, the emphasis placed on individual words in odd places, and vowls in particular seem longer than they should be.

Sitting on the stone benches is fairly normal, also, it seems to be involuntary. Duh?, Val, and Esselez all find their body taking a seat on the stone benches. Said benches are slightly warmer than expected, though still cool, and are generally actually fairly comfortable and normal benches, up until anyone attempts to stand back up again.
That... doesn't work. Once sitting you stay sitting. Celosia and Taarkara, perched on Esselez and Duh? respectively, find that once their perches sit, they're stuck in place on their perch. The lizard on Val's head also seems to be rooted in place at the same time.
Apparently Hireshite is the only human here left out without an animal companion sitting on them.

"Now then, You're all new. I know. You have lots of questions. I know. I also don't care. This is gonna be a milk run. If you kill yourself on something this stupid easy, that's your problem."

"You're being summoned into a simple gang war. One cult has a clue, and called upon us to help against their rival. The other chose poorly. We don't care what happens to either of them. Bring back everything you can loot of value to the circle you're summoned into, it doesn't matter where you get it. You have until sunrise."

The being's face is expressionless the entire time, but his tone and voice are not. And as he finishes, his manner of speech changes slightly, and his voice lowers in both volume and pitch.

"This is a test. Think about what has real value before you start filling my warehouse with trash."

Its voice returns to normal after this interlude.

"Any questions?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 01, 2024, 11:50:03 pm »

"(Go bugger a rose bush.)"

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 02, 2024, 03:04:28 am »

Duh? sounds utterly tranquil, though his gaze is fixed on the being's face and his pupils are dilated, and his face has gone red.

But no Duh? 'cause his voice sounds really calm, so everything's really fine, right?  Right.

"Show a sample, range of stuff valuable?  Else we bring gold when you wants the sulfur, or magic mittens when you wanted maggots.  Me, right now I'd bring y'milk, at a run.  But that's wrong, right?"
« Last Edit: July 02, 2024, 11:57:40 am by Imp »
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 02, 2024, 09:46:44 am »

Taarkara looked around and spotted the cat perched on a wispy figure. She felt her whole body shudder and realize that the cat seemed to be stuck in place too. Taarkara then wondered what a "milk run" means.
"What is a milk run? May we have a brief description of the gang we are fighting against?"
she/her

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 02, 2024, 01:05:24 pm »

Hireshite shook her head and, tearing her eyes off the Manager’s face with some effort, took a look at fantastical menagerie around. Walking doll! Tiny dragon! A cat with two tails that brought to mind a half-forgotten fairy tale. This one will talk too, no doubt. She could almost think that she happened into a fairy tale herself, if evil sorcerers wouldn’t mention down-to-earth things… and if that young man didn’t look so plain. It was calming, somewhat, to see someone totally ordinary in this madness.
Do nothing.
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 02, 2024, 05:00:01 pm »

Val ponders that statement slowly, then rubs his hands together. "Right, boss. Anything we ain't supposed to lift from the sods on the other end at all? Do y'all care about resale value or the other whatsit, the value-without-a-price cultural shit? Basically, are we t'aim fer goods or fer treasure?"

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 02, 2024, 08:41:58 pm »

"(Go bugger a rose bush.)"
The figure nods in your direction, but says nothing.
Duh? sounds utterly tranquil, though his gaze is fixed on the being's face and his pupils are dilated, and his face has gone red.

But no Duh? 'cause his voice sounds really calm, so everything's really fine, right?  Right.

"Show a sample, range of stuff valuable?  Else we bring gold when you wants the sulfur, or magic mittens when you wanted maggots.  Me, right now I'd bring y'milk, at a run.  But that's wrong, right?"
"Good question. Figure it out."
Celosia remains silent, simply watching the creepy not-person-thing.
The being nods to you as well.
Taarkara looked around and spotted the cat perched on a wispy figure. She felt her whole body shudder and realize that the cat seemed to be stuck in place too. Taarkara then wondered what a "milk run" means.
"What is a milk run? May we have a brief description of the gang we are fighting against?"
"No."
Hireshite shook her head and, tearing her eyes off the Manager’s face with some effort, took a look at fantastical menagerie around. Walking doll! Tiny dragon! A cat with two tails that brought to mind a half-forgotten fairy tale. This one will talk too, no doubt. She could almost think that she happened into a fairy tale herself, if evil sorcerers wouldn’t mention down-to-earth things… and if that young man didn’t look so plain. It was calming, somewhat, to see someone totally ordinary in this madness.
Do nothing.
The Manager nods at you.
Val ponders that statement slowly, then rubs his hands together. "Right, boss. Anything we ain't supposed to lift from the sods on the other end at all? Do y'all care about resale value or the other whatsit, the value-without-a-price cultural shit? Basically, are we t'aim fer goods or fer treasure?"
"Again, good question. Figure it out."

"Three of you pass, better than I expected. You three that asked questions, You should have paid attention."
The Manager reaches up and plunges its arm down its own throat, all the way up to its elbow, and pulls out three coins, flicking them at Esselez, Celosia, and Hiteshite. While the others are able to catch them normally, Celosia finds that it seems to almost-magnetically snap at her collar and is seemingly absorbed tracelessly into the bell.
Despite expectations, the coins turn out to be clean and dry, seemingly made of nickel or silver, engraved on one side with an open-mouthed clown and the other a crying clown.
"Next, some things for you to remember when you get back. The big door over there, lets call that direction 'south', makes communication easier. Anyway, that's the park. It's a place you can go to play around, test yourselves, spend your free time, should be fun. Behind the curtain, to the 'west', is medical. Try not to need them. To the 'east' is my warehouse, which it seems you already found and spent some time playing in. Please don't open the crates unless I tell you to. On the far side of it from south to north is the kitchen, dining area, and workshops. If you feel a need to tinker around making things, go there. To the 'North' is your rooms, and on the other side of the arch up there are the chambers of your patrons. Talk to them about getting abilities you want or to learn more about what you already have."
"Now then!"
The Manager taps his cane on the ground, and the mirror begins to approach. Each individual there sees the mirror approaching themselves, growing, filling their view, and then engulfing them.
Then everything goes black-

((Will follow-up shortly))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 03, 2024, 09:48:48 pm »

Arriving is a little different, not so much because it's disorienting or uncomfortable, but because it's not. Your vision just fades in, feeling on your skin, feathers, fur, just... fades in. You're standing now, those of you that were on each other, still perched on each other, but still, standing in a circle facing outwards. around you is what seems to be a ring of flame, flames erupting from a series of interwoven circles interlaced with some form of writing or runes that none of you recognize, all engraves into the stone floor of the otherwise dark room around you.
On the far side of the flames you can see a multitude of hooded and cloaked figures, roughly twenty-ish of them. the nearest eight of them are prostrated towards you from just outside the ring, one more is loudly chanting what sounds, to everyone but Esselez, like a garbled mess, while presenting towards you all a familiar looking coin, just like the coins the Manager of the Mirror tossed to you, and the coin is visibly melting in his fingers, dissolving into nothingness as his chant completes.
"(-of you, grace us with your presence, your might, and bestow upon us the power we so desire, no matter the price!)"
behind the chanting individual, the others are murmuring to each other, their faces rapt with excitement and awe. what you can see of them under their cloaks appears to be normal humans, but you notice that they all are wearing a small wooden tag on a length of twine around their necks, except the one doing that chanting. their tag seems to be made of silver, and is on a fine silver chain, rather than the others wood and twine.
As the strange chanting of the leader complete, the flames surrounding you flare up to lick the ceiling above before disappearing, and around the walls of the room two of the individuals go about, relighting a series of ensconced torches mounted on the walls. The eight prostrated individuals look up as the lights return, and upon seeing you one of them cries out in what seems like the native language of everyone but Esselez "It worked!" and the various figures around the room begin to visibly celebrate, cheering, in one case you could swear a pair at the back literally kiss each other, and the general excitement in the room is palpable. The chanter steps forward, and asks, in language the everyone but Esselez understands.
"Great lords, we thank you ever so deeply for answering our plea. Please, how should we call you? What must we do to prevail in this time of need?"

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 03, 2024, 11:44:05 pm »

Duh? stands tall and plants his feet, folding his arms, presenting his best overdramatized example of a 'Here I am to save the day!' posture.  He even attempts a twinkle smile.

No Duh? but he even attempts to emulate that being's enounciation as he answers, "Maps and other info.  Show us the area - what's yours, what's your enemy's.  Where the enemy is, numbers.  Your numbers and defenses too.  Your resources, and what you got available to pay.  We work best for the weird stuff of actual value - you know how you gained help, you should know what we want.

Those maps, Duh?  Be sure to include landmarks, pathways, known traps.  Inform us, so we can judge your honesty as well as your need and take best action as you have earned.
"
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 04, 2024, 10:21:30 am »

Hireshite puts on her habitual smile, never more fake (No, a bit superior!), assembles the rags of her composure while Duh speaks and makes a step forward.
“My name is Hireshite Amerete, and I am greatly pleased by your welcome. Rise now. You have humiliated yourself enough.”
Having said that with a hint of mocking haughtiness in her voice towards the end, she returns to where she was with a slow twirl and stands stil, right arm held beneath the chest, left idly playing with her hair.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2024, 12:05:17 am by MCreeper »
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 04, 2024, 02:19:08 pm »

Taarkara ruffled her dull feathers and made sure she was far enough away from the cat. She wanted to return to her family but she knew she had to act confident. So she puffed out her chest and prepared to use her diplomatic voice.
"My name is Taarkara, and I know how to make up a plan." Taarkara turned to the human she's perched upon and turned back to the figure. "As this person said, we need items of practical value as the uhhh..." She realized she doesn't know who the Manager was. "as payment. You do not have to provide the items as we can steal them from your... rivals."
she/her
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12