Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Cracked Mirror  (Read 6045 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cracked Mirror
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2024, 09:53:59 pm »

Duh?  My eyebrows quirk as I watch the boy with the lizard on his head appear to completely ignore what I said and me.

Well, since lizard-boy's going over there, it's no Duh? that I will stay near the entrance.  I move back to it, one foot in the corridor we entered from, one foot in this warehouse space.  And I watch everything I can, both down the corridor, in the larger warehouse space, and I am very sus of everything.  This is weird horror movie vibe stuff, man.  This is Cat-without-a-hat, upside down so where's the demogorgon gonna leap out of stuff, and I can't remember if I should even have a sword or not.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2024, 03:51:49 am »

“What else is there to teleportation for me? Surely things won’t always be so… clearly defined. How do size and density of shadows matter, for one?”
Perhaps it was an insult to injury to be unknowingly turned into one of those things she couldn’t know and didn’t understand. Turned? Not yet.
“What should I know about this place, if I am to serve you? Is there anything in particular that I should avoid doing?”

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2024, 10:01:17 pm »

*Sigh*

This isn't going anywhere. Esselez is confused and lost, not to mention very reasonably terrified of her surroundings, and at last when she finds some real human people, they mumble gibberish and ignore her. This is no way to get anything done!

She stands abruptly and hugs Duh. It's quite unreasonable, but she's frustrated and some actual human contact seems nice.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2024, 10:29:57 pm »

*Sigh*

This isn't going anywhere. Esselez is confused and lost, not to mention very reasonably terrified of her surroundings, and at last when she finds some real human people, they mumble gibberish and ignore her. This is no way to get anything done!

She stands abruptly and hugs Duh. It's quite unreasonable, but she's frustrated and some actual human contact seems nice.

"Duh?" I see the wispy, pale, dressed in yellow girl stand so fast and move for me.  She's coming for me..  My horror movie vibes are true, I'll never doubt myself again, if there is an again.

I can tell she's coming for me, me; things have come for me before.  She doesn't even care about lizard-boy who's so much closer to her.

Well, I know all about 'run to the tank'.  I turn so fast back towards that corridor I've already got one foot in that I'm sure my shirt, with it's characteristic 'Run to the Tank" writing shows to everyone in the storage area (for all they maybe can't read it, but whee, it's there) and I run back up the corridor towards 'my' room.  The one I got a key for and can theoretically lock myself into.  Which is the best idea I got.

I didn't even taunt her, I wasn't even trying to tank!  Why do I get and hold agro so easy?  Hope that lizard-wizard kid does something smart with the time he has.  Maybe he can cast spells or something, familiar included or whatever.

As I go, I shout, "Mommie!" just in case that helps.  Seeming really scared can help, sometimes.  Maybe something else can catch this agro instead of me, Duh?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 13, 2024, 11:24:42 pm »

"(Get back here, you coward!)" Esselez grumbles and stamps the ground, very quietly.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 13, 2024, 11:38:24 pm »

"(Get back here, you coward!)" Esselez grumbles and stamps the ground, very quietly.

Duh?  I don't know how far back that incomprehensible voice comes from.  But I'll slow and look back the way I came, if it sounds kinda far away.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 14, 2024, 05:27:29 am »

Spoiler: Taarkara action (click to show/hide)

Flying down the corridor away from the warehouse you find the corridor keeps going, and going, and...
EDIT: player clarified flight was towards the warehouse, not away from it.
Flying towards the warehouse shelves you find the man from before fleeing from something, while in the warehouse behind him there's some kind of fiery light that is added to the room.

Spoiler: Hireshite action (click to show/hide)

"Make sure you pick shadows big enough for you to fit in. Oh, and don't be silly and try to use your own, you, and whatever you take with you, effectively don't have a shadow at the moment you use the ability."

"As for the rules of this place? Don't harass the staff, especially the Manager of the mirror, and you should be fine. Oh and do watch out if you choose to explore the park, the place is kept unsafe on purpose so people can practice, expect things to change between visits."

Spoiler: Celosia action (click to show/hide)

Catnap.

Spoiler: Duh? actions (click to show/hide)
((Please edit in a copy of your later actions in your first action post of a given turn after a divder of some kind. That way they'll all be in one place and much easier to find. also please bold actions for me to run as part of the turn instead of using it for dialog emphasis. underlines and itallics can serve the same purpose and aren't reserved. Thank you.))

your panicked flight back into the corridor you started in, which apparently no longer has a hungry hungry hole inside it, is left uninterrupted beyond the sounds of the girl quietly calling out after you in still more gibberish, followed by some kind of splat and outcry. Oh and there's some movement to the lighting in there.

Spoiler: Esselez action (click to show/hide)

Out of frustration, you attempt to grab and hug one of the newcomers, who immediately squeaks, turns pale, and bolts back into the corridor he came from, while the other completely ignores you to just walk past. And then a sticky fireball flies by the side of your face from behind, barely missing you, and splatters into the wall beside you, coating it in burning slime.

Spoiler: Val action (click to show/hide)

your lizard friend responds to the prod by looking at you, then at the girl, and it proceeds to gag, hacking at something while looking at her.

Ignoring the response, you begin to walk towards the crates, but your investigaion gets interrupted by the lizard finishing its response, hacking up a sticky mass of flaming goop that arcs out and flies at the girl, missing her and instead hitting the wall beside her, leaving a sticky flaming splatter of burning slime on the wall.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2024, 11:08:55 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2024, 10:26:28 pm »

Duh?  I stand still now, perhaps around half-way along the corridor from where that storage area entrance is and where I believe 'my room's doorway is.  I mostly watch towards the storage area, but I frequently scan behind me.  Things, man.  This place is clearly full of things, and they're weird and scary.  I still can't remember if I'm supposed to have a sword or not.

I'm also wondering if the place is now on fire.  I try to remember:

I think every wall I've seen so far is made of stone blocks.

I think every door I've seen so far was made of wood.  I think my bed was made of wood, and the mattress and fittings sure seemed of fabric and likely flammable.  Those crates in the storage area also all seemed made of wood, I think.  I assess the floor, ceiling, and areas I can see, trying to judge how likely a fire is to spread.

Which reminds me; I ran with my candle so I check on my candle too.  Did it extinguish?  How's it doing?

In addition to my earlier bold actions, I also try to keep an eye on this eerie talking crow that's now circling me.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2024, 09:47:03 pm by Imp »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 14, 2024, 11:31:57 pm »

"(What the fuck was that!?)"
where the fuck did that come from??

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2024, 08:09:17 am »

"Shit, sorry about that!" Val eyes his head-lizard nervously, "I think my new pal here had a hairball. Might wanna check and see if your eyebrows are still there..."

"And you, buster, what's the idea? Don't be spitting on strangers," he chides the lizard, "Ah, hell, I must be crazy, thinking you understand anything I'm sayin'."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2024, 08:18:28 pm »

{Huh?}
Taarkara stops flying towards the warehouse and started circling the man.
"What is happening?"
« Last Edit: June 16, 2024, 03:19:53 pm by Crystalizedmire »
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2024, 09:46:37 pm »

{Huh?}
Taarkara stops flying towards the warehouse and started circling the man.
What is happening

In addition to my earlier bold actions, I also try to keep an eye on this eerie talking crow that's now circling me.

Duh?  Heck if I ever know.  You speak a lot of languages?  There's some looks-like-a-girl in there, terrifying, maybe a ghost or monster.  Kinda speaks?  From, like, Duh?  Like.... so far away even when she's not far away.  And I dunno what language, never heard it.

Wanna take a look?  You're someone's familiar, right?  Might be a fire in there now.  I'm sure you'll be real careful.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2024, 04:22:49 pm »

As you talk, the firelight in the warehouse fades, and nothing enters the hallway chasing you. It's just the two of you.

The little lizard looks to the side at the opening near you, otherwise ignoring your chiding, while the girl turns around and looks at you, each of you speaking and neither of you able to understand the other.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2024, 07:02:15 pm »

Duh?  I stand still now, perhaps around half-way along the corridor from where that storage area entrance is and where I believe 'my room's doorway is.  I mostly watch towards the storage area, but I frequently scan behind me.  Things, man.  This place is clearly full of things, and they're weird and scary.  I still can't remember if I'm supposed to have a sword or not.

I'm also wondering if the place is now on fire.  I try to remember:

I think every wall I've seen so far is made of stone blocks.

I think every door I've seen so far was made of wood.  I think my bed was made of wood, and the mattress and fittings sure seemed of fabric and likely flammable.  Those crates in the storage area also all seemed made of wood, I think.  I assess the floor, ceiling, and areas I can see, trying to judge how likely a fire is to spread.

Which reminds me; I ran with my candle so I check on my candle too.  Did it extinguish?  How's it doing?

Duh? continues to stand still, his back to the north corridor wall, trying to simultaneously watch the crow circling him, keep an eye on the corridor leading towards the storage area, and frequently glancing at the corridor leading further away from the storage area.  And he checks his candle in the candlestand he carries, to see if it went out when he ran, if it's fine, or what.  He's predicting the crow will answer him, and still getting strong 'Duh? this is a horror movie I'm in, right?' vibes.

In addition to my earlier actions, I raise my candlestick-carrying arm and hand for the crow to land on, raise my other hand to shield between the crow and my face, and my body language is extremely expressing fear.

In addition to my earlier actions, I move to the south side of the corridor and head back towards the storeroom, really ready to fight, with the crow on my candlestick-carrying arm, my other hand still up to protect my face from the crow, and I'm moving with tense, aggressive fear.  Unless I see someone like Hireshite behind me, then I stay still watching them, and talk to them before they get too close.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2024, 08:13:43 pm by Imp »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2024, 09:24:18 pm »

“Staff such as?..”
Oddly mundane word.

Hireshite was about to turn to leave, but was stopped by a suspicious thought.
“Will I know the park when I see it? I can't help but wonder if we mean the same thing by the word.“

“I have no more questions.”

Pick up the candle and leave. Approach Duh and Taarkara in the corridor.
EDIT: Take a moment to prepare for teleport back that apparently isn't coming. If they are already gone or going, explore side hallway instead.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2024, 07:17:24 pm by MCreeper »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9