Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Demonology ½: A Prototype - Game Over - Good Wins  (Read 8933 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Demonology ½: A Prototype - Day 2 - Summon Your Courage [4 / 6]
« Reply #180 on: March 14, 2024, 08:18:19 am »

I targeted tric both times because I didnt know we can target multiple players on a single night. I used a  investigate and an evilkiĺl
I think there was a mod error, then. :P

I wondered if I didn't get the result for Tric instead of Imp in the first place, but then I went and spun out all these theories of how my results could be right. Unless there was somehow some unaccounted-for action that did that, it was probably a mod error. Certainly, at least, I now know my results can't have been for Imp because Tric used a manipulative ability on Imp, and I didn't hear about it! Tric is the only player who matches up.

Don't worry, though, any mod error didn't significantly impact the fact that I knew it had to have been you by that point, it just changes the theories about what you actually did.
Semi-error.

I saw the double target, but figured Evilkill was Sync, which it should be but isn't.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 14, 2024, 08:52:40 am »

I'm a bit pissed Quarque self-hammered. If he was fed up, he was well within his rights to disengage; even not making a single post for the rest of the day would've been better than denying us the chance to see who, if anyone, would hammer.
Sorry, Elephant. I feel like I misbehaved to the point where I deserve a ban. Going to take a long break from mafia games in any case, it makes me loath myself every time.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 14, 2024, 09:03:17 am »

Semi-error.

I saw the double target, but figured Evilkill was Sync, which it should be but isn't.
I meant my own results. I Observed Imp, but I seem to have gotten the results for TricMagic, and nobody has given any action-based reason for that yet.

I'm a bit pissed Quarque self-hammered. If he was fed up, he was well within his rights to disengage; even not making a single post for the rest of the day would've been better than denying us the chance to see who, if anyone, would hammer.
Sorry, Elephant. I feel like I misbehaved to the point where I deserve a ban. Going to take a long break from mafia games in any case, it makes me loath myself every time.
I wouldn't call it ban-worthy, but if you need that for the sake of your mental health, then do what you need.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 14, 2024, 09:14:17 am »

Semi-error.

I meant my own results. I Observed Imp, but I seem to have gotten the results for TricMagic, and nobody has given any action-based reason for that yet.

I wouldn't call it ban-worthy, but if you need that for the sake of your mental health, then do what you need.

Oh, wow, I accidentally copied the wrong line.  I think I just wrote it out instead for some reason, I have no idea.

You should've gotten Manipulative and Nosey, and for some reason, I just duplicated the line above it.  It's correct in the spreadsheet.

I am too tired.

Eh, there are reasons to self-Hammer.  If you think that nothing changes, or if there is a solid plan for the next Day, it's fine.  This probably wasn't the best one to do it, but faster games make Town more likely to win and scum more likely to mess up.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 14, 2024, 09:19:45 am »

Oh, wow, I accidentally copied the wrong line.  I think I just wrote it out instead for some reason, I have no idea.

You should've gotten Manipulative and Nosey, and for some reason, I just duplicated the line above it.  It's correct in the spreadsheet.

I am too tired.
It happens. Luckily it didn't affect the ending at all, just confused me a little.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 14, 2024, 10:10:12 am »

ETA 2: Oh, also, Imp... what weird thing did you get from me? Because all I lost was a perfectly normal generic Track. Or was that just a clever ruse?

No, I got this absolutely not normal track, because it's shotted:

Imp
What a perfect opportunity!  You move quickly, disabling and digging through your target’s pockets and coming away with some ill-gotten goods.

Success.
You have gained a 1-Shot Track III.

[Note:  The following Ability is 1-Shot, regardless of rank.]
{2AP} (1-Shot, Night) Track III [target]:  Choose One:  Learn the target of the (lowest/highest) AP cost Actions the target used this Night.

What can you tell me about why this is a 1-shot?  Looking at abilities, track isn't normally a 1-shot.

Does this have to do with steal?  It's not explained so in the steal ability.

Does this have to do with something else I am allowed to be told about?
I cannot tell you why it is 1-Shot.

It is not related to your use of your Abilities.

Now, a few abilities start out 1+-Shot, but not track, not any of its levels.
Tinker, which also isn't listed as an ability that any existing class gets, is self-targeting only, and can make abilities 1-shotted.

I know you got hit by decay (as well as disable, but that doesn't cause things to become shotted) and the levels of decay (but we were told which was used on you) only change the rank of the ability, they don't say they make it become shotted.

But we have the mysterious evil one/chosen one sets of powers.  And maybe I'm wrong, but seeing the 1-shot on an otherwise normal track, made me think whoever I stole it from had to be either of our weird pair - and much more likely to be chosen than evil.

Plus, chosen has the reveal.

I didn't know if you were correct or honest, but you weren't counterclaimed about what you lost, and you're claiming CM was involved in the kill.  That means EP is innocent unless you're being ridiculous; unless EP is the chosen one and not doing anything about all this insanity (from an EP-who-is-chosen-one perspective, I hope I see it right!) then between MS and CM we have both chosen one and evil one.

So, one can reveal, unless the evil one has some alternative way to look like they're revealing and also get extra votes some other way (and extra votes-given-ability exists, broaden - but it's a target-other ability that nobody claimed having and isn't on any normal role - so that would require CM or EP to target MS to give extra votes instead of MS having reveal for real - seemed impossible...

And I think web's answer to me rules out that stealing turns the stolen ability into a 1-shot for the thief, which steal doesn't say would happen anyway....

So I felt I was looking at an ability I stole that had to come from evil or chosen, most likely chosen because I could steal it, and it wasn't obviously evil in any way, and I was pretty much ready to support MS fully once I caught that weird 1-shot on an otherwise 'totally normal looking ability' - and felt sure we only had to solve EP or CM.

Even MS's vote trick targetting EP - if EP or CM were the real chosen one - that kind of stuff should rile them up, I think, and get counter claims that were not happening, and I knew the dead and me were  not CO - so... MS pretty much had my full support if not my full belief of honesty/accuracy - unless and until someone else used reveal.

My only worry was that there was some hidden evilpower that did give extra votes, and MS was pulling off a triple con, that EP or CM were somehow scared to counterclaim and use reveal themselves.  I thought that unlikely, because that's a vote manipulation race and the way to win it is for either evil/chosen to vote manip first with 1 person else joining in - nah.  I don't think that's an experienced moderators goal for the game.

Grats on your crazy play, Max!
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 14, 2024, 10:18:46 am »

Oh, whoops.  I just caught this detail from the rules:

• Abilities controlled by the Elementalist are always 1-Shots.

If I'd caught that earlier, I'd have been comfortable with the idea MS was Elementalist not necessarily Chosen (still could be chosen, maybe).  Would have made me more skeptical, but your claim that CM was the baddie, combined with CM's actual behavior and EP's as well, I'd have been pretty willing to vote CM.

Innocent CM I think would have acted pretty different, D2.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 14, 2024, 10:28:01 am »

Gonna miss you, but you must take care of yourself.  In general, I like your play, but I don't want you loathing yourself, that's something to avoid.  If we can help you find a happier mindset to play from, talk to us about that, like ways not to trigger you or something if those exist and are known.

I saw your inspect and thought... OMG, why isn't my role lying there dead, instead of useful-yours.  My one chance to be 'useful' mechanically involved either somehow being able to mess up the evil one with a disable that would matter (making N2 safer, but can we even reach D3, hah) or somehow stealing something that proves the evil one.  Didn't expect to think I'd steal something that could maybe prove the chosen one, or that doing could be anything but an embarrassing 'well, wish I had not messed up our chosen one, whoops we still gotta find the evil one'.

You were useful, and felt pretty town to me, just with some oddnesses.  Definitely going to miss you, but want you healthy and happy! Come back to us when and if you think it's good for you, it'll be good for us too!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 14, 2024, 10:43:02 am »

Nah, I wouldn't go that far. But if you need a break, you need a break.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 14, 2024, 10:44:11 am »

Amusingly, I could have overloaded Decay and destroyed Max's Reveal. That would not have been a good play.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 14, 2024, 10:45:40 am »

Amusingly, I could have overloaded Decay and destroyed Max's Reveal. That would not have been a good play.

But did you have overload?

I am thinking you were a hexer, is that right?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 14, 2024, 11:00:56 am »

- Non-Evil characters will be given a Role to fakeclaim that they Investigate as (though they will not have all of those Actions.)

I don't know if this was used, as I was a non-evil character and I missed being given a role to fakeclaim.

However, I was a thief with the expected thief auto, steal which is one of the two abilities thieves always start with (the other, 'Obscure', isn't on the table, it's a missed-edit apparently, but didn't change this game by appearing there for now) - and nobody else is listed as having steal, and I also had disable, which only thieves and hexers show as being able to have.

I thought myself a standard and obvious thief, by skills.  I missed elementalist, it looks like an elementalist could have nearly any powers, will have 5, all shotted.

Our flipped channeler looks exactly like a standard and obvious member of their group.

Our flipped summoner has one tiny weirdness:  the rules say a summoner:  "Always has Bus, Redirect, or Delay." - but our summoner had bus and redirect - so maybe that 'or' is an 'and/or'?  Otherwise, totally normal summoner.

So I'm surprised if EP has overload - unless EP is Elementalist and is following the weird Ele 1-shot set of powers, who knows what that role can have in combo.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 14, 2024, 11:04:44 am »

I hoped people would think that, but I was a Disciple with Nullify, Decay, and Frame (!). Pretty bad powerset for a 6-man game, but that's RNG.

webadict: Frame feels all but useless in town hands. Theoretically it protects the target from scum rolecops, but that isn't worth turning them into a miller. If there was a way to change rolename but not alignment -- an option, a single tier that's either-or instead of AND, giving the Evil part an "if you're evil" rider -- then it would be fine.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 14, 2024, 11:08:03 am »

DOH!  Thanks, Disciple's almost as random as elementalist.  Man I'm missing a lot.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 14, 2024, 11:12:08 am »

webadict, I also noticed that elementalists always have ability learn, however I don't see an ability with that name.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15