Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: Demonology ½: A Prototype - Game Over - Good Wins  (Read 8931 times)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demonology ½: A Prototype - Day 2 - Summon Your Courage [4 / 6]
« Reply #165 on: March 13, 2024, 10:51:35 pm »

I wasnt that confidebt that Tric was town after Quar0wue'd flip. I thought that it was either Tricmagic or elephant parade because both of you seemed exetremly suspicious of Quarque and jumped on the wagon quickly
Why block Tric over me? How did you feel about Tric during the day?
Tric's pla0y always rubbed me the wrong way but town!tric always did that. I did not like how they put Quarque to L-1 and it reminded me how they hammered in discord mafia.
I ask because, going off of a quick skim, you literally didn't interact with them at all during the day. Anyway, I'm 98% sure it's you for various reasons that I can enumerate if people care.
I didnt inyeract with them because Tricmagix always acted like that.
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Demonology ½: A Prototype - Sign-Ups: 0 / 7+
« Reply #166 on: March 13, 2024, 10:52:24 pm »

My N1 DM does not tell me of anything happening to me.  It also doesn't tell me anything about my disable action, if it happened or not.  I was given flavor of stealing, told success, and told what I gained.  Otherwise, I was not clued in to anything.
I almost completely understand the night results, but I was told that you were acted on by an offensive action.

... Oh, I get it. Oh my god, CrystalizedMire, that's so cute. Good effort, really. Wow.
You used Fabricate I to make it look like I tried to kill Imp, right? Since the bus was only on 1AP actions, it didn't get swapped onto Elephant Parade. I wonder if your other AP went to killing Tric on purpose, or you actually tried to kill Imp and got redirected? But I don't think Tric could redirect-to-self, so...? I guess it doesn't really matter, though, because now there are too many AP flying around for EP to be the killer when I know he hit me with a 2AP.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 13, 2024, 10:53:33 pm »

What fabricate? I literallly dont have fabricate!
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 13, 2024, 10:56:45 pm »

If someone other than MS is the Chosen One....

I highly recommend you use reveal.

Fabricate is not a ability listed on **any** role.

Now, mistakes can happen, maybe some role should have it, but **maybe** it's an evilkill action like we were told evil can have.

MS is either our chosen one, or evil.

There's really no other possible answer.

If he's CO, he can hammer CM at any second, long as I don't remove my vote.  If he's evil one, he needs EP to vote CM too, and can't - as far as I know - vote manipulate, unless that's also one of his evil powers.

If EP or CM is our chosen one... omg reveal before Max tricks us all and wins as evil.

Otherwise, this is a great show, and I love how it's being run, carry on.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 13, 2024, 10:57:26 pm »

Maximum Spin used Reveal I! It's super-effective!
Crystalizedmire's defense sharply fell!
Crystalizedmire was paralyzed! Maybe it can't attack!
Crystalizedmire fainted!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 14, 2024, 05:33:04 am »

Game over. Good wins.  Will do writeup later.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 14, 2024, 05:48:03 am »

Everyone targeting me with nearly every attack power in the book was surprisingly beneficial since I ended up being able to confirm it all.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 14, 2024, 07:01:32 am »

Bus II [Crystalizedmire] [Elephant Parade] {2AP}
Redirect V [Imp] [MaximumSpin] {1AP}
You kinda made me feel you had lost your marbles when you voted EP Max. I figured it was Crystal too. Before the block claim, which would mess with my actions.

An offensive action in this case can only be the kill. Any other case likely would result in more blocks. Or a second claimed action with it since 3AP. Or failure if they target EP.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 14, 2024, 07:12:09 am »

Where did maximum spin get the idea I used a fabricate?
she/her

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 14, 2024, 07:18:59 am »

Did you have it? It's probable they learned every action targeting them.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 14, 2024, 07:31:27 am »

Where did maximum spin get the idea I used a fabricate?
Because I knew Tric had either bussed Elephant Parade with you and redirected Imp to me, or bussed Elephant Parade with *me*, and I guessed the wrong one. Either way, it still had to be you, but in this way, there's an outstanding Offensive action on Imp you must have done.

I used Watch, Follow, and Observe. I learned that "Elephant Parade" (but it was really CrystalizedMire) used Offensive and Nosey actions. Since I used a bunch of Nosey actions, if EP had been bussed with me and I really got my own results, a Fabricate faking an Offensive action from me would have made sense and tie in with Crystal trying to pin the kill on me. I knew it had to be one or the other, so at the end I decided to just hammer Crymea and not fuss too much about which.

I also learned that Imp was targeted by Offensive and Nosey (my) actions, which, if there was no fabricated Offensive action, is still unaccounted for, so I assume Crymea did something bad to Imp we don't know about? Since it doesn't look like I could have been redirected to anyone else.

And I learned that TricMagic was only targeted by one other player, which is why I knew that, IF I didn't get redirected at all, Crystal's claimed action had to be the kill.

ETA: Claiming to have blocked Tric was also pretty dumb! It was impossible that Tric's actions didn't go through.

ETA 2: Oh, also, Imp... what weird thing did you get from me? Because all I lost was a perfectly normal generic Track. Or was that just a clever ruse?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 07:36:25 am by Maximum Spin »

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 14, 2024, 07:34:15 am »

I targeted tric both times because I didnt know we can target multiple players on a single night. I used a  investigate and an evilkiĺl
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 14, 2024, 07:42:10 am »

I targeted tric both times because I didnt know we can target multiple players on a single night. I used a  investigate and an evilkiĺl
I think there was a mod error, then. :P

I wondered if I didn't get the result for Tric instead of Imp in the first place, but then I went and spun out all these theories of how my results could be right. Unless there was somehow some unaccounted-for action that did that, it was probably a mod error. Certainly, at least, I now know my results can't have been for Imp because Tric used a manipulative ability on Imp, and I didn't hear about it! Tric is the only player who matches up.

Don't worry, though, any mod error didn't significantly impact the fact that I knew it had to have been you by that point, it just changes the theories about what you actually did.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 14, 2024, 07:42:34 am »

Probably should have asked. Also, killing me clears Max by default, since experienced players usually don't. I would expect it from Imp though, hence redirecting them. Clears Max and implicates Imp. In the same way, bussing you two would put the killer as either Max or Imp if one of you died, clearing both of you.

Sure Imp could get around the low cost redirect. But can't have everything.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 14, 2024, 07:52:49 am »

Probably should have asked.
Yeah, but I didn't care that much since it quickly turned out it had to be Crymea anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15