Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: Demonology ½: A Prototype - Game Over - Good Wins  (Read 8982 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demonology ½: A Prototype - Day 1 - Evil Awaits Your Next Step [6 / 6]
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2024, 03:48:43 pm »

Everyone else: Was the above rvs question useful?
Before Imp answered, my prediction was, "As useful as any other." I think that was borne out.

I don't understand why we would ever execute the Chosen One. Per the OP, they can self-out as conftown:
Reveal allows the Chosen One to publicly reveal their Role.
{1AP} (Day) Reveal I:  Reveal yourself as the Chosen One.  You gain two additional votes.
{1AP} (Day) Reveal 0:  Reveal yourself as the Chosen One.  You gain three additional votes.
That honestly doesn't help Elephant. Self-outing still results in their death, so they wouldn't unless they were actually in trouble. Cause they still die that night anyway.

It does however mean we won't end up lynching the chosen one. So my vote on Quarque stays in absence of another suspect. There shouldn't be a reason for them to question alignments and ask for role info.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2024, 03:51:46 pm »

I think Quarque's play is not completely unreasonable like in last game or armed forces but the lie is so simple that the worst scum could lie about it. Tric is being Tric.
Well, Tric's nuts, Elephant's probably the chosen one, so I guess it's, what... Imp?
There's other people that aren't Imp y'know. Me and Quarque but sofanthiel disappeared.

Tricmagic: Voting the chosen one doesn't help town because it wastes eliminations.
she/her

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2024, 04:20:24 pm »

Not voting Evil doesn't help town either, cause we can't win the game. If someone has knowledge they shouldn't day 1, that is reason to be suspisous. Unlike most games, there is only 1 scum here. So we can't check for teams.

Basically, if it's suspisous, hit it. Until it stops moving. We can't rely on night data either since that could cause a called shot. Though I myself am somewhat fine with it.

How about a question to Elephant.
1: If you had a redirect, who would you target and why?
2: If you had a protect, who would you protect?
3: If you had an empowerment, who would you use it on and when?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2024, 04:32:29 pm »

Max, what's your eval of the Qua-TM interaction?
Tric's argument makes no sense, which suggests that it wasn't thought out very well and is based on his genuine misunderstanding. That's not dispositive, but suggestive. I don't see any evidence of Quarque slipping yet. Quarque could still theoretically be the demon, of course.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2024, 04:40:59 pm »

@Webadict: Sofanthiel hasn't been online since the 7th; could you prod them on Discord?
Well, that probably won't help this particular game, as sofanthiel is not a Player, but if you find it necessary for me to do so, I still probably won't.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2024, 05:01:39 pm »

Qua:  Weirdly calm.  Qua, why do you like TM's attack of you?  I don't know what I'm seeing from Qua either.
Like is not the word I would use, but Tric is acting very much like his town self.

MS:  Exists.  Welcome to RVS+.
Imp, this right here is town!spin. Laser focused and no-nonsense. Could in principle be fake, but that would be a first.

Elephant's probably the chosen one
I am not sure I agree with this take.

I know this is within Tric's meta but he could be faking it and, quite frankly, he needs to develop a better one.
Elephant Parade, Tric faking it is not impossible but seems unlikely. Trying to educate him by voting him out won't work and unfortunately helps any other demon. Who else could it be?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2024, 05:15:14 pm »

Not voting Evil doesn't help town either, cause we can't win the game. If someone has knowledge they shouldn't day 1, that is reason to be suspisous. Unlike most games, there is only 1 scum here. So we can't check for teams.
This is true. I just disagree that Quarque has displayed that knowledge.

How about a question to Elephant.
1: If you had a redirect, who would you target and why?
2: If you had a protect, who would you protect?
3: If you had an empowerment, who would you use it on and when?
1. I would redirect Quarque (who seems marginally most likely to me to be NKed as of this post; I don't have any strong townreads yet) to you
2. Quarque
3. Whoever I had a strong townread on as soon as the read formed

@Webadict: Sofanthiel hasn't been online since the 7th; could you prod them on Discord?
Well, that probably won't help this particular game, as sofanthiel is not a Player, but if you find it necessary for me to do so, I still probably won't.
Blame CM, not me :v

I know this is within Tric's meta but he could be faking it and, quite frankly, he needs to develop a better one.
Elephant Parade, Tric faking it is not impossible but seems unlikely. Trying to educate him by voting him out won't work and unfortunately helps any other demon. Who else could it be?
It doesn't seem particularly unlikely to me. I haven't seen him fake it yet, but I've never played a game where he was scum (though there was that one scum!Tric Discord game where he indeed didn't fake it). As for who else it could be: literally anyone except me, we're three pages into the game. I don't really like MS guessing I'm the Chosen One because it seems like a strong scum move (if I am, he can go "look, my reads were good"; if I'm not, he can go "I was just generating discussion/muddying the waters for scum"). I can see how he would genuinely arrive at that conclusion, though, and I'm not going to scumread him when he's only posted twice.

I don't have an opinion on the debacle surrounding you other than that Tric is silly, which is unfortunate given that it contains most of the non-RVS content of the thread (hence my lack of real reads).

You should probably explain to Tric why you questioned CM's claim of being "Town."

MS: Do you actually think I'm the Chosen One?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2024, 05:18:19 pm »

I feel like I shouldn't answer this because I don't want you to get killed, but if I were scum I'd take the called shot.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2024, 05:20:28 pm »

OK, thank you. I'm glad you were willing to immediately nail yourself down when asked.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2024, 05:29:22 pm »

Might as well blow another post before I go to sleep.

Imp is difficult to read because the post limits put them far outside of meta.
Crystalizedmire feels just a little too slippery.
I have to think again about Elephant. At least the vote is safe from hammers here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2024, 05:38:12 pm »

I have to think again about Elephant. At least the vote is safe from hammers here.
Your point here is? Is that 2/3 scum and 1 dragon? You're one away from being the lone one out. How's Max?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2024, 05:39:47 pm »

I feel like I shouldn't answer this because I don't want you to get killed, but if I were scum I'd take the called shot.
Why do you think that Elephant Parade is chosen one? If you won't answer that, why do you think that stating that you think that Elephant Parade is chosen one will cause scum to believe that?
You should probably explain to Tric why you questioned CM's claim of being "Town."
I thought it was pretty obvious, Town in this game is called "good". Also, sorry about thinking that sof is in this game, I haven't played any mafia games on this forum without him.

Why am I slippery?
she/her

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2024, 05:51:44 pm »

Unvote; Max seems pretty convinced Tric is town, and this is a one-scum game, so...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2024, 06:32:45 pm »

Alright, Mamobo has been updated to show your total and daily post counts!  Daily post counts are counts within the last 20 hours, so you have some buffer room.

NOTE:  Post count may be slightly inaccurate on account of DST, will fix this eventually.  If you have ideas for better display methods, feel free to PM them or use your MINUSCULE REMAINING POSTS to tell me otherwise.  Muahahahah!

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile

Vote Count
------------------------
-> Elephant Parade* --1-- Quarque*,
-> Imp*             --1-- Maximum Spin*,
-> Quarque*         --1-- TricMagic*,
Crystalizedmire*    --0--
Maximum Spin*       --0--
TricMagic*          --0--
No One              --0--

Not Voting         --3-- Crystalizedmire, Elephant Parade*, Imp,

4 to Hammer. Day ends on March 14, 2024 at 18:00 Central Daylight Time (~47 hours remaining).

NOTE: In the event of a tie, Evil forces choose the execution target.
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15