Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Demonology ½: A Prototype - Game Over - Good Wins  (Read 9026 times)

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demonology ½: A Prototype - Day 1 - Evil Awaits Your Next Step [6 / 6]
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2024, 11:48:26 am »

Qua, you've already posted 6 7 times this game, and at a glance, for all it's RVS-timing and could be RVS-intentioned, TM seems to be calling for your elimination.  You may later see reason to discuss, and discuss a lot, yet I see you're mostly posting 1 liners, and even posted back-to-back just 2 minutes apart, again a 1 liner.

What's your strategy and reasoning on how you're posting, do you see any issue with possibly 'running through your posts too early' and being unable to discuss as we get into the more intense part of the day, possibly with people needing to hear more from you then?

so Imp, hi? If you're chilling good job, but even for you this silence is starting to weird me out. How do you feel about the 25 post limit? I don't think you need to be scared to the point of going completely mute..

It weighs a lot on my mind, it's very unnatural to me.  It's good training, and I appreciate web putting it in the game because it affects all of us equally, even if some of us are affected more by our habits.  We've still got 55 hours left, but it sure is making me want to watch and think even more than usual.  What about you?  When might you 'ration' your messages, and what effect do you think your posting frequency may have on you moving towards your wincon?

I feel 25 / 50 is an enormously generous amount that I will never surpass by playing naturally. In earlier games I noticed you sometimes double-posted like 6 times in a row - that's something we must all avoid.

By my own count, this is my 9th post and I guess you're right, I should save up my ammunition a little. I'm not too worried about Tric, in fact I think it's a good sign to see him behaving like he does. Typical Tric dragon, my most solid townread for the time being.
Of the people who posted so far, I will say there is one who I'm a little suspicious about, but at this point I will wait for
everyone else to post at least once and see if there are any additional clues before spelling it out. I like to let scum dig their own hole for a bit. Plus I want to see at least a little from Spin and Sof before drawing conclusions.

Still got outstanding questions to both, so will wait for others to speak before posting more, unless there's an urgent question or something.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2024, 12:14:55 pm »

Everyone else: Was the above rvs question useful?

CM, What's up with song lyrics?  The book of the same name fits a Mafia game far better.  Why'd you ask this question, this game, with its post quantity limit?  What makes this a rvs question worth asking to you?
I didn't know there was a book called "In the pines", "Where did you sleep last night?", "My Girl", "Hey Girl", or "Black Girl". I don't think anyone could naturally exceed the post limit except maybe you. The rvs question was just to get people talking.
she/her

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2024, 12:17:00 pm »

Quarque, Typical Tric Dragon is not a reassuring thing to say. I eat town players. There s one Evil, so who's to say I'm not an Evil Dragon?

Imp. Using Called Shot next to the Evil kill, means it will fail if it doesn't hit the chosen one. They can claim it as a doctor ability, or more pertinently as a Cop ability.

So. Quarque's not really caring for post restrictions, feeling fine spending them like water in RVS. They apparently have info they shouldn't have. And is paying close attention to who's online to call them out with more one liners.

In contrast, this is my 5th post for the day. I' agree that one should feel fine posting, so long as it's useful. Hence not responding just to Imp's post. Or explaining what Called Shot does when webadict explained it.

A question to Quarque and all the others, WHAT PROPHOCY IS IN EFFECT? If you can answer, you're scum, no question. The only other person with a hint at that info is the chosen one. And if you're the chosen one Quarque, you outed yourself. So we need to lynch you anyway, cause we can't take the chance you're evil instead of slipped chosen.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2024, 01:12:33 pm »

Tricmagic: What made you think that Quarque knows about the prophecy?
she/her

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2024, 01:24:01 pm »

Crystalizedmire: As what alignment do you inspect?
Town
Are you sure that your alignment will inspect as "Town"? Could you check your role PM, please?
You can call this them not reading/understanding the rules. Which is meta arguing.

We're not likely to catch solocum today unless they've slipped. This is true. But who in the world thinks me being a dragon in a solo scum game is okay? Quarque does. That's not okay.

Start voting people, I want to see a hammer before we use up all our posts and get to day 2. RVS is not going to cut it. Who and why, that's the question I'd want answered.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2024, 01:33:52 pm »

TM, can you help me see what Qua said that outs them as knowing something about the prophecy that only the 'informed' folk would know?

This seems to be a really important point to you, seems to be your entire rvs or real case on Qua.  As such, I'd like to evaluate it - and I can't even see it beyond your talk about it, I can't see what Qua 'slipped'.

To my read, Qua is oddly focused on CM's alignment, but gives a reason of reading CM's response to pressure.  Chases CM over wording of alignment in the PM, something iffy and edgy, but probably reasonable and maybe effective on CM - if it's over the line of abusing rules that's not for me to say, and would probably be handled privately.  We're told in web's posts what our alignment is, it's normal to equate the whole slew of uninformed majority as 'town' or 'good', to me they're synonyms.

Qua seems to get excited about CM's phrasing - and you seem to get excited about Qua and prophecy knowledge.

Now, I don't want to risk revealing our chosen one, but if our chosen one is outing themself somehow - or the evil is - well, the thing is, the case you're making - whatever the heck it actually is, I don't have a clue.  I don't see anything weird or suspicious in Qua's words that even might connect to the prophecy, and you look ready to thunderdome over this, we gotta kill Qua because of prophecy knowledge even if Qua's actually our chosen one, despite us being told:

The Chosen One provides some benefit to Good (usually while alive)

And you want this person dead even if they're the CO, for a 'prophecy-related-reason' that I don't see anything about.

I'm uncomfortable discussing this, for the same reasons in Max's game I wanted to 'hide the humans'; I'd hide our chosen one if I think I can.  But you're outing yourself as having probable prophecy knowledge with your 'I don't understand this claim' focus on Qua's supposed slip.

Can you help me understand how your focus and press and concerns are pro-town?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2024, 01:46:08 pm »

Limited messages, can't do smaller posts, day 1 isn't going to have more than 300 posts.

Point 1: Evil knows something about the Prophecy because they picked it. So solo Quarque is asking about it to check around. Despite millers not existing, only frames from the thief.
Point 2: CO knows something the rest of us don't do to the Prophecy, and so is doublechecking to see if whatever info they have is correct. Which will tip off the Evil person cause they are the ones who picked it. Which means CO is dead.

If Point B, they're dead. Called Shot can and will kill them.
If Point A, they can't be left alive, cause that loses us the game.
A=B, QED. If they're scum, we can't leave them alive. If they're CO, they're already dead. Both can know, so uncertainty has me leaning towards elim.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile

Vote Count
------------------------
-> Quarque      --1-- TricMagic*,
Crystalizedmire --0--
Elephant Parade --0--
Imp             --0--
Maximum Spin    --0--
TricMagic       --0--
No One          --0--

Not Voting      --5-- Crystalizedmire, Elephant Parade, Imp, Maximum Spin, Quarque,

4 to Hammer. Day ends on March 14, 2024 at 18:00 Central Daylight Time (~51 hours remaining).
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2024, 03:12:03 pm »

Everyone else: Was the above rvs question useful?
Before Imp answered, my prediction was, "As useful as any other." I think that was borne out.

I don't understand why we would ever execute the Chosen One. Per the OP, they can self-out as conftown:
Reveal allows the Chosen One to publicly reveal their Role.
{1AP} (Day) Reveal I:  Reveal yourself as the Chosen One.  You gain two additional votes.
{1AP} (Day) Reveal 0:  Reveal yourself as the Chosen One.  You gain three additional votes.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2024, 03:14:39 pm »

@Webadict: Sofanthiel hasn't been online since the 7th; could you prod them on Discord?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2024, 03:30:02 pm »

Pretty much everything TricMagic has posted has been egregiously silly. His logic for Quarque being the Chosen One doesn't make sense. His logic for lynching Called Shot targets doesn't make sense (a Called Shot is only somewhat stronger than a regular mafiakill, being both unblockable and untrackable, so a player being a probable Called Shot target should only be a minor factor in whether we lynch them; if we lynch a player because they're Called Shot-eligible, we're essentially doing scum's job for them). Going through with a lynch on the Chosen One makes no sense because they can self-out (in fairness, Tric might have missed that).

I know this is within Tric's meta but he could be faking it and, quite frankly, he needs to develop a better one.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2024, 03:32:25 pm »

TricMagic: I still don't understand why you think Quarque has prophecy knowledge. Could you re-explain?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2024, 03:33:01 pm »

... the heck.  Sof isn't actually a player.  I followed CM's lead in trying to talk to them, and didn't double check, and didn't realize I didn't actually ask EP a question.  And I would, but EP's answering it already.

MS hasn't spoken yet, all other players have.

TM's reasoning really bothers me too, and the push to take control very early, rush very early.

I don't understand what I'm seeing, if that's evil or something else, but I don't like it or the explanation.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2024, 03:35:17 pm »

Well, Tric's nuts, Elephant's probably the chosen one, so I guess it's, what... Imp?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2024, 03:45:11 pm »

Well, Tric's nuts, Elephant's probably the chosen one, so I guess it's, what... Imp?

Nah.  Nice guess, but game doesn't end with me dead.  I was really, really waiting for you to post though, glad you're here too.

CM:  active very early compared to usual CM, general questions.  Tried to talk to Sof, skipped Qua.  Believable townplay but I don't like the off-game focus with the song lyric stuff.
EP:  pretty strong for EP early game.  I like it, I'm just not used to it this early from EP.
MS:  Exists.  Welcome to RVS+.
TM:  Weird for TM.  Not used to seeing TM try to take control early, lead a lynch early; last time I saw something similar was when TM challenged me over my lack of reaction to a self-admit "I am SK/town" from TM, FoU's last game where Jim day-1-killed town-could-become-SK TM.  This TM is more like that TM than I've noticed in other games, but not sure at all.
Qua:  Weirdly calm.  Qua, why do you like TM's attack of you?  I don't know what I'm seeing from Qua either.

Max, what's your eval of the Qua-TM interaction?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15