Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: Demonology ½: A Prototype - Game Over - Good Wins  (Read 8947 times)

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demonology ½: A Prototype - Day 1 - Evil Awaits Your Next Step [6 / 6]
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2024, 04:53:26 pm »

You still don't explain why you think a dragon is safe to be around in a 1 Scum Game.
You said this earlier. In my mind, I see you behaving in a certain way when you're town. I didn't think you would be behaving differently as solo scum, compared to the way you behave as scum in a team. Why does this matter?

Right now, the player who seems weakest to me is Quarque. I may change my mind, though.
That is an assertion with no argument. Tell me more.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2024, 05:04:54 pm »

Arguments are for people who don't see it. I want to know who sees it first.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2024, 05:07:40 pm »

You always tend to do this, but I want to know more about the way you in particular are thinking.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2024, 05:30:59 pm »

I don't understand why the second question would be pro scum since it is an alternative to the first question.
Because it would help scum understand why Max thinks I'm the Chosen One, which they could use to weigh his read, which would refine their read on me.
I get it now even though I previously thought that it wouldn't actually affect scum opinion
Is it because their case against Imp feels a lot more nitpicky? I can get behind a Quarque lynch but I don't want to cause someone to be one vote away from hammer.
Unvote

Is it just me or is Elephant's switch to Quarque to quick?
she/her

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 13, 2024, 05:46:46 pm »

Alright, I get it Maximum Spin, you are far too smart to explain your reasoning to mortals like the rest of us.

But you've been pretty silent for the whole of this day and if you can't come up with anything better, I hope you guys lynch me and have Spins head on the chopping block next. You know that I see through your bullshit and that is why you don't bother saying a thing, don't you?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 13, 2024, 05:57:05 pm »

I don't understand why the second question would be pro scum since it is an alternative to the first question.
Because it would help scum understand why Max thinks I'm the Chosen One, which they could use to weigh his read, which would refine their read on me.
I get it now even though I previously thought that it wouldn't actually affect scum opinion
Is it because their case against Imp feels a lot more nitpicky? I can get behind a Quarque lynch but I don't want to cause someone to be one vote away from hammer.
Unvote

Is it just me or is Elephant's switch to Quarque to quick?
It is. But they were at two votes by that point, 4 needed to hammer.
Quarque, you need more than that.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile

Vote Count
------------------------
-> Maximum Spin* --2-- Imp*, Quarque*,
-> Quarque*      --2-- Maximum Spin*, Elephant Parade*,
Elephant Parade* --1-- TricMagic*,
Crystalizedmire* --0--
Imp*             --0--
TricMagic*       --0--
No One           --0--

Not Voting      --1-- Crystalizedmire*,

4 to Hammer. Day ends on March 14, 2024 at 18:00 Central Daylight Time (~24 hours remaining).

NOTE: In the event of a tie, Evil forces choose the execution target.
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2024, 06:22:33 pm »

Quarque.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile

Vote Count
------------------------
-> Quarque*      --3-- Maximum Spin*, Elephant Parade*, TricMagic*,
Maximum Spin*    --2-- Imp*, Quarque*,
Crystalizedmire* --0--
Elephant Parade* --0--
Imp*             --0--
TricMagic*       --0--
No One           --0--

Not Voting      --1-- Crystalizedmire*,

4 to Hammer. Day ends on March 14, 2024 at 18:00 Central Daylight Time (23 hours and 31 minutes remaining.)
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 13, 2024, 06:37:50 pm »

Quarque, you need more than that.
You probably mean that I need more than this to defend myself. No, I don't. Town doesn't need to survive D1 to win the game.

If what you mean is that I need more than this to convince you guys that you need to eliminate Spin tomorrow, yes you are probably right. For the love of god, don't forget this moment and don't fall for whatever crap Spin is going to Spin tomorrow.

He gave zero reasons for any of his reads today. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. I was hoping to be on the same side as Spin just for once.
I turned every stone to find scum among the rest of you. I couldn't find anything convincing.

If asked, maybe Spin gives reasons tomorrow. Don't believe any of it. Especially you, Imp.

And Elephant, whatever mechanical shenanigans made you read Spin as town today, don't be blinded by it please.

Ok, I'm done with this.

Quarque.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 13, 2024, 07:00:25 pm »

Quarque looks at his compatriots, astounded.  "Do you..." he pauses, looking at his feet, "Do you seriously not believe it is me?  Was I that untrustworthy?"

Quarque looks between them, nods slowly, and then closes his eyes.  "Then it appears you have seen through my facade after all.  I was right to not trust you."

His form twists and changes, and, suddenly, Quarque stands before you, tentacles formed in place of his mouth, his skin turns a murky green like seaweed.  Ostensibly, there is no doubt in your minds that Quarque is the monster you seek.  You prepare for the final battle, readying your weapons, but the fight does not start.  Instead, Quarque takes a long protruding claws and rips out his own throat, the pulpy mass falling in front of the remaining five as the Channeler meets his fate by his own hands.

Someone moves among you, but you're not sure who.  The mist swarms in among you and you are lost.

A voice like rotting cider drips into your ears.  "I'm glad you removed that vile outsider's influence from this world.  For that, I will reward you.  Should you bow to me now and recognize me as queen, I will let you sacrifice your friends and family painlessly."  She laughs.

Oh, does she laugh.

Vote Count
------------------------
-> Quarque*      --4-- Maximum Spin*, Elephant Parade*, TricMagic*, Quarque*,
Maximum Spin*    --1-- Imp*,
Crystalizedmire* --0--
Elephant Parade* --0--
Imp*             --0--
TricMagic*       --0--
No One           --0--

Not Voting       --1-- Crystalizedmire*,

4 to Hammer.

Quarque has been executed.

Quarque was a Channeler (Good).

It is now Night, you pathetic mortals.  Kill them quickly, my dearest loyal one!

Role:  Channeler
Alignment:  Good
(Auto) Channeler:  Block Abilities performed on you do nothing
{2AP} (Single, Night) Commute IV [target]:  Actions with the lowest AP cost performed on the target fail.
{3AP} (Single, Night) Inspect III [target]:  You Learn the target’s Alignment.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Demonology ½: A Prototype - Night 1 - Change The Channel [5 / 6]
« Reply #116 on: March 13, 2024, 08:59:19 pm »

The mist is finally abated, and with it, another life has been snuffed out.  You find TricMagic surrounded by a group of animals, desperately nudging their fallen summoner in a vain attempt to keep him going.  As the last bits of magic keeping them in this world dissipates, they take turns popping out of existence.  The last remaining rabbit removes its top hat, placing it upon its former pupil’s corpse before hopping away into the fog.

“Another one has died.  Surrender is still an option for the rest of you.  His family, unfortunately, will not be spared merciful deaths.”

You remaining four face each other.  The final battle still wages.  Your friends will need to be avenged.

TricMagic has died.

TricMagic was a Summoner (Good)

An unknown Prophesy is in effect.

There is one Demon among you.

Vote Count
------------------------
Crystalizedmire* --0--
Elephant Parade* --0--
Imp*            --0--
Maximum Spin*   --0--
No One          --0--

Not Voting      --4-- Crystalizedmire, Elephant Parade, Imp, Maximum Spin,

3 to Hammer. Day ends on March 15, 2024 at 18:00 Central Daylight Time (~45 hours remaining).

It is now Day, insects.  You are all free to surrender at any time!

Role:  Summoner
Alignment:  Good
(Auto) Summoner:  Redirect and Bus Abilities performed on you fail.
{2AP} (Single, Night) Bus II [target1][target2]:  Actions with the highest cost performed on the first target are instead performed on the second target and vice versa.
{3AP} (Single, Night, Sync) Redirect III [target1] [target2]:  Change the primary target(s) of the highest AP cost Actions the primary target uses and change it to the secondary target.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demonology ½: A Prototype - Day 2 - Summon Your Courage [4 / 6]
« Reply #117 on: March 13, 2024, 09:03:55 pm »

Ok, I'm done with this.

Quarque.
Broke: Giving people time to change their minds;
Woke: Jumping to conclusions followed by immediate suicide.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 13, 2024, 09:06:36 pm »

Claim your night actions.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 13, 2024, 09:09:26 pm »

Claim your night actions.
I'm gonna be honest, I don't want to claim what my action was because I'm afraid of scum making a call shot on me. I will say that I targeted the dead guy last night.
she/her
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15