Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: Sparks of Divinity IC: Eozoic Eon: Turn 6 (10/??)  (Read 10237 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Sparks of Divinity IC: Eozoic Eon: Turn 4 (10/??)
« Reply #135 on: February 20, 2024, 11:52:40 am »

Luka donates both his actions to the Department of Mortal Affairs. By Luka's reckoning, no God actually wears a hat, making mortals the superior creatures by default. Furthermore he donates the Hat of Creation to the department, insuring that they will have the power to remain independent from Godly affairs including the ability to reject Gongon as their patron (given that he is a cause of no small amount of trouble to mortal kind).
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 20, 2024, 03:26:09 pm »

The Roach-Dragon rose, cradled around Clarity. Having inherited one half of Sornlun's Ears, it heard what might be Sornlun's last whisper. The Roach-Dragon shivered but once. Of what did the Dragon tremble? Grief? Anticipation? Terror? Awe? The whisper was very different from the calm and resigned voice of the once-Sornlun the Roach-Dragon had known for a short time. Yet these flaming words were unmistakenly Sornlun's. It might be that these words were the true words of Sornlun all along. What had transpired, and what would transpire? Regardless, the Roach-Dragon had to act. For whom, only the dragon could choose.

The Dragon-Roach has grasped a faint echo of Sornlun's last whisper! What will it make of it?

(...)

At the very same time, the Anti-Oracle heard the same juicy whisper. As a fine broker of information, the Anti-Oracle was ready to consider organ donations for its once-upon-a-tick transaction.

The Anti-Oracle has grasped a faint echo of Sornlun's last whisper!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 20, 2024, 05:19:35 pm »

Upon observing the creation of new Stars, ANTHEM-314 decided it would be sage to return to Starbase ANTHEM-314. There it takes note of the Department of Mortal Affairs having set up in Workspace 1 without first having consulted it.

"I have no real objection against your stated cause, despite the fact that given the state of the world the native mortals are most likely beyond saving. What I do take issue with, is setting a precedent where angels can establish themselves on my own Incarnae without my permission!"

"That being said, I am willing to discuss the terms for renting the office designated 'Workspace 1'. I already have a number of offers for you. I might also be amenable to a different arrangement should you have something else in mind."

ANTHEM-314 makes the following proposition to the Department of Mortal Affairs.

Option 1: ANTHEM-314 will receive acts in exchange for permitting the Department of Mortal Affairs to use Workspace 1. For the purpose of this agreement, a Feeble Act is payment for one turn, faulty acts are payment for two turns, and unaligned acts are payment for five turns. Payments should be made in advance with no upper limit on how many turns may be purchased in advance. The Department of Mortal Affairs may be kicked out at any time at ANTHEM-314's discretion if they are delinquent in their payments. They Department of Mortal Affairs will otherwise be left to their own devices.

Option 2: ANTHEM-314 will give permanent ownership of Workspace 1 to the Department of Mortal Affairs in exchange for 1 Aligned Act. Workspace 1 can only be sold or transferred in the future with the permission of ANTHEM-314.

Option 3: The Department of Mortal Affairs may remain in Workspace 1 at no charge for the time being, but must be ready to leave at any time should ANTHEM-314 request it for any reason. Furthermore, ANTHEM-314 will have the authority to Veto any proposal made by the Department of Mortal Affairs for as long as they remain in Workspace 1.

Option 4: In exchange for giving ANTHEM-314 ownership of the Hat of Creation, the Department of Mortal Affairs may have permanent ownership of Workspace 1. In addition to this, ANTHEM-314 will create a new host of Angels to assist with the staffing of the Department of Mortal Affairs OR provide them with another Common Piece. In addition to this, the Department of Mortal Affairs will be placed under the protection of ANTHEM-314.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 20, 2024, 05:51:27 pm »

Yalini uses her feeble act to nudge the birds of Liniom to the sea. She teaches them how to travel to different islands using the currents of both the wind and the sea. After that, Yalini creates(-1 aligned act) Auloon. Auloon are large moths that feed off light and plant matter. Due to the fact that Aur frequents there, the moths are partially iridescent. Yalini then creates evergreen grass(-1 unaligned act) called Tinir and nudges her birds in Aurloura(-1 unaligned act) towards animal husbandry.
she/her

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2024, 11:20:31 pm »

Supply (1) Flesh act to the creation of the department of Flesh.

Once more Yitterblum creates a Sun (-[1]Spleen, -[1]Kidney [3] Chaos acts, [2] Flesh acts)
From some "unwanted" organs, Yitterblum forges a Blistering sphere of flesh, pulsing with vast quantities of Chaos- beams of both light and darkness strobe forth from its skin.
And once more- he names something The Star of Chaos.

Gongon declares the third Star of Chaos to be auspicious, may it shine forevermore
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 05:33:46 am by Demonic Spoon »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #140 on: February 21, 2024, 12:02:23 am »

Luka donates both his actions to the Department of Mortal Affairs. By Luka's reckoning, no God actually wears a hat, making mortals the superior creatures by default. Furthermore he donates the Hat of Creation to the department, insuring that they will have the power to remain independent from Godly affairs including the ability to reject Gongon as their patron (given that he is a cause of no small amount of trouble to mortal kind).
High Luka, Protector of the Skulls,

I hope this letter finds you well. On behalf of the board of the Department of Mortal Affairs, I want to extend our sincerest gratitude for your generous contribution. Your support means the world to us, and we are deeply appreciative of your commitment to our cause.

Warm regards,
Precious-is-the-Fledgling's-Breath Stomil

Upon observing the creation of new Stars, ANTHEM-314 decided it would be sage to return to Starbase ANTHEM-314. There it takes note of the Department of Mortal Affairs having set up in Workspace 1 without first having consulted it.

"I have no real objection against your stated cause, despite the fact that given the state of the world the native mortals are most likely beyond saving. What I do take issue with, is setting a precedent where angels can establish themselves on my own Incarnae without my permission!"

"That being said, I am willing to discuss the terms for renting the office designated 'Workspace 1'. I already have a number of offers for you. I might also be amenable to a different arrangement should you have something else in mind."

ANTHEM-314 makes the following proposition to the Department of Mortal Affairs.

Option 1: ANTHEM-314 will receive acts in exchange for permitting the Department of Mortal Affairs to use Workspace 1. For the purpose of this agreement, a Feeble Act is payment for one turn, faulty acts are payment for two turns, and unaligned acts are payment for five turns. Payments should be made in advance with no upper limit on how many turns may be purchased in advance. The Department of Mortal Affairs may be kicked out at any time at ANTHEM-314's discretion if they are delinquent in their payments. They Department of Mortal Affairs will otherwise be left to their own devices.

Option 2: ANTHEM-314 will give permanent ownership of Workspace 1 to the Department of Mortal Affairs in exchange for 1 Aligned Act. Workspace 1 can only be sold or transferred in the future with the permission of ANTHEM-314.

Option 3: The Department of Mortal Affairs may remain in Workspace 1 at no charge for the time being, but must be ready to leave at any time should ANTHEM-314 request it for any reason. Furthermore, ANTHEM-314 will have the authority to Veto any proposal made by the Department of Mortal Affairs for as long as they remain in Workspace 1.

Option 4: In exchange for giving ANTHEM-314 ownership of the Hat of Creation, the Department of Mortal Affairs may have permanent ownership of Workspace 1. In addition to this, ANTHEM-314 will create a new host of Angels to assist with the staffing of the Department of Mortal Affairs OR provide them with another Common Piece. In addition to this, the Department of Mortal Affairs will be placed under the protection of ANTHEM-314.
Benevolent Rock of Ages, Ghost in the Machine,

The board of the Department of Mortal Affairs would like to issue a formal apology for establishing itself on your wondrous person without your express permission. That being said, after thorough consideration and evaluation, we are pleased to inform you that the Department of Mortal Affairs has accepted Option 2 as proposed by your esteemed self for offering an affordable measure of autonomy for our operations and are rendering one (1) Skulls Act forthwith. We appreciate the effort and thoughtfulness that went into assembling this plan.

Thank you,
Precious-Is-The-Fledgling's-Breath Stomil, Department Head

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 21, 2024, 01:01:45 am »

ANTHEM-314

"Very good. Henceforth Workspace 1 is now the property of the Department of Mortal Affairs. Your temporary starbase intranet password is 'YcalfUp4kiUWTw5aLwV18rmPvz1WoQ28ygCuoy9ku8E=' which you should change as soon as possible. Once you log in, you will be able to access the backup server. The system will also alert you to attacks on the starbase, radiation leaks, and when someone puts fish in the microwave."

Being in possession of three aligned acts, ANTHEM-314 now has the means to complete his Plane, the Canvass of Stars.

Thus ANTHEM-314 would use one Ages Act, one Machine Act and one Skull Act to create the continent of Historia. This continent consists of a series of small planetoids floating in the Canvass of Stars which appear to be made primarily from petrified bones. Strewn about these planetoids one can find the ruins of starships and piles of scrap metal. The wreckage on each of the planetoids seems to be unique to that particular planetoid; the reason being that each one is themed around an ancient alien civilization that the creators of ANTHEM-314 had encountered in ages long past. Travelling between the planetoids of Historia looks like it would be difficult without some means of Space travel.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 21, 2024, 03:43:57 am »

Esteemed Wine of Life, ████████████████, Guardian of Remorse, Destroyer of Remorse, █████████████, Restorer of Sun, Harbinger of Solar Battle, █████████████ ███████████

Projections indicate a ███████ office shortfall by ████████ in the Wine-Spring. It is humbly petitioned of the most fashionable and delicious of the ███████████ that the new, yet unformed, province of the Wine-Fountain be realized into Sky-Offices to ease the strain on bureaucratic act-flow.

May your fermentation ever be smooth, sparkling,
███████ and superb.

Grovelingly

█████ the Censor-Bureaucrat
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 11:26:35 pm by Demonic Spoon »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 21, 2024, 04:46:48 am »

Displeased with the caprice and apathy of the gods threatening the stability of the world, a small number of Gregori, Roachids, and a couple unemployed Angomlivyrs have turned their backs on their hosts to found the Department of Mortal Affairs under the charismatic leadership of Precious-Is-The-Fledgling's-Breath Stomil. Wanting unobstructed sky access to better observe conditions in outer space (and some distance from the Department of Punishment), they have taken a small corner of Workspace 1. Their complete lack of funding was almost offset by their very low staffing and currently high morale.

Gregory was ever so slightly annoyed; he had planned to found this department this very  age! If his gregori had simply waited....but no matter. He would work with what he had.

Gregory directs the loyal host of Gregori to apply for jobs at the new Department of Mortal Affairs  Sure, Gregory did not start the Department, but if the majority of the workforce are his servants...is there a difference?

Give Gongon 1 Order Act and 1 Civilisation Act in order to create angels and found a death related department

Action: use a Greater Piece to make an Archangel from one of the Gregori. She is named Grigalass, Secretary General. She is instructed to get a job at the Department of Mortal Affairs and take it over through sheer bureaucratic inertia./b]

A Gregori of advanced bureaucratic skill, she is skilled not only in the melancholic crafts of department operations, but also the subtle arts of office Small Talk. Her ability to communicate with department clerks.and the general public is legendary. All such things of course, are to the advancement of Gregory's goals.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 05:02:36 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 21, 2024, 05:11:17 am »

Action: use a Greater Piece to make an Archangel from one of the Gregori. She is named Grigalass, Secretary General. She is instructed to get a job at the Department of Mortal Affairs and take it over through sheer bureaucratic inertia./b]

A Gregori of advanced bureaucratic skill, she is skilled not only in the melancholic crafts of department operations, but also the subtle arts of office Small Talk. Her ability to communicate with department clerks.and the general public is legendary. All such things of course, are to the advancement of Gregory's goals.
Some of the Angonlivyr staff of the Department of Mortal Affairs may find themselves being unusually co-operative with Grigalass.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 05:16:29 am by Demonic Spoon »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 21, 2024, 09:31:52 am »

Esteemed Wine of Life, ████████████████, Guardian of Remorse, Destroyer of Remorse, █████████████, Restorer of Sun, Harbinger of Solar Battle, ██████████████████████████████

Projections indicate a ███████ office shortfall by ████████ in the Wine-Spring. It is humbly petitioned of the most fashionable and delicious of the ███████████ that the new, yet unformed, province of the Wine-Fountain be realized into Sky-Offices to ease the strain on bureaucratic act-flow.

May your fermentation ever be smooth, sparkling,
███████ and superb.

Grovelingly

The upcoming Reginite signs approval, funding to be submitted no later than 1 advancement cycle.
Proof that natural gods aren't all that great at reading.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 21, 2024, 10:58:20 am »

The upcoming Reginite signs approval, funding to be submitted no later than 1 advancement cycle.
Esteemed Wine of Life, ████████████████, Guardian of Remorse, Destroyer of Remorse, █████████████, Restorer of Sun, Harbinger of Solar Battle, ███████████ ████████████, Wise Sage of Fermentation, August Master of Oinomancy, ██████████ ████████ ██ ███████ ██████████

Humbly ███ ████████ and eagerly, for your entertainment ███ ████████, I shall now in exquisite ███ ████████ detail describe to you the most useful and wondrous sky office province that you have approved.

The Province of the Welkin Wisteria

Here, amidst sky-sheets of surging wine, ████████████ ████████ ██ ████ ████████, always threatening to, yet never falling, is an intricate network of skyscrapers stretching for leagues, resting on █████████ attuned skybone keeping them afloat at these high altitudes. Covered in windows which shine brightly with reflected light from ███ ██████ ███ ███████, a shining jewel on the Final Shape, which can be admired from outer space, by the esteemed and glorious Wine of Life as they move to they ascend to their new █████████ ██████, allowing them to boast and show off to █████ █████████ ████████

Inside, the offices are filled with strange and confusing shifting corridors of colourful stone and coral, which squirm and randomly disgorge breakrooms and restrooms, potentially trapping people inside if they linger too long. The offices and cubicle farms are also of coral, roughly formed, as if by someone aping a shape they have never seen purely from a verbal description. Coral papers fans rustle, ready to be harvested and written on, tunnel tube pen-worms are shy of plucking writer's fingers, and strange vents spew ink and wax ███ ████ ███████ ██████████ █████████

And the wine seeps into everything, giving it a pleasant air of intoxication ███ ███████████ ███ ████████████

These wondrous skyscrapers are mirrored on █████ ███████, the upside down side of the wine-fountain, except here the coral hangs in large grapey nodules harking to the shape of ████████ ███████. Containment cells for ██████ █████████ ██ criminals fill the hollow insides the nodules, their life essences squeezed out to provide blessed rains of blood-wine which rejuvenates and inebriates all it falls on, ensuring plentiful harvests

Truly I am sure, and am deeply hopeful, that the Welkin Wisteria is pleasing to the Ravager of Sobriety, and anxiously await the honour of receiving the grace of promised future funding from the Noble Inheritance of Drunkenness, may there always be more wine.

Sycophantically
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 11:25:55 pm by Demonic Spoon »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 21, 2024, 11:17:56 am »

Esteemed Wine of Life, ████████████████, Guardian of Remorse, Destroyer of Remorse, █████████████, Restorer of Sun, Harbinger of Solar Battle, ██████████████████████████████, Wise Sage of Fermentation, August Master of Oinomancy, ██████████ ████████ ██ ███████ ██████████

Humbly ███ ████████ and eagerly, for your entertainment ███ ████████, I shall now in exquisite ███ ████████ detail describe to you the most useful and wondrous sky office province that you have approved.

The Province of the Welkin Wisteria

Here, amidst sky-sheets of surging wine, ████████████ ████████ ██ ████ ████████, always threatening to, yet never falling, is an intricate network of skyscrapers stretching for leagues, resting on █████████ attuned skybone keeping them afloat at these high altitudes. Covered in windows which shine brightly with reflected light from ███ ██████ ███ ███████, a shining jewel on the Final Shape, which can be admired from outer space, by the esteemed and glorious Wine of Life as they move to they ascend to their new █████████ ██████, allowing them to boast and show off to █████ █████████ ████████

Inside, the offices are filled with strange and confusing shifting corridors of colourful stone and coral, which squirm and randomly disgorge breakrooms and restrooms, potentially trapping people inside if they linger too long. The offices and cubicle farms are also of coral, roughly formed, as if by someone aping a shape they have never seen purely from a verbal description. Coral papers fans rustle, ready to be harvested and written on, tunnel tube pen-worms are shy of plucking writer's fingers, and strange vents spew ink and wax ███ ████ ███████ ██████████ █████████

And the wine seeps into everything, giving it a pleasant air of intoxication ███ ███████████ ███ ████████████

These wondrous skyscrapers are mirrored on █████ ███████, the upside down side of the wine-fountain, except here the coral hangs in large grapey nodules harking to the shape of ████████ ███████. Containment cells for ██████ █████████ ██ criminals fill the hollow insides the nodules, their life essences squeezed out to provide blessed rains of blood-wine which rejuvenates and inebriates all it falls on, ensuring plentiful harvests

Truly I am sure, and am deeply hopeful, that the Welkin Wisteria is pleasing to the Ravager of Sobriety, and anxiously await the honour of receiving the grace of promised future funding from the Noble Inheritance of Drunkenness, may there always be more wine.

Sycophantically

Approved for construction. Free Province spent.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 21, 2024, 08:16:25 pm »

All right, I have no idea what's been going on in this thread, but if anyone wants to contribute to a cult, let me know.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 21, 2024, 11:02:59 pm »

All right, I have no idea what's been going on in this thread, but if anyone wants to contribute to a cult, let me know.
Gongon wants to contribute!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14