Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: Sparks of Divinity IC: Eozoic Eon: Turn 6 (10/??)  (Read 10279 times)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sparks of Divinity IC: Eozoic Eon: Turn 2 (10/??)
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2024, 03:51:33 pm »

Yalini tempers and becomes Natural, gaining 2 greater pieces in the process.
She then settles in the Skull Islands
as part of her plan to spread light everywhere.
"CAWW!"

(Suggesting creating a Domain first, at which point mortals may be made immediately using 1 greater piece each. Price will increase on future turns. Will donate 1 greater piece if action changed to this and promise to make birds.)
Chirp!
(will make birds) Yalini doesn't like keeping promises but so long as the promise benefits both parties, she'll keep it.
Yalini creates Liniom. Liniom is the domain of Yalini where the weather is alsways sunny.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 10:44:10 pm by Crystalizedmire »
she/her

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2024, 04:23:48 pm »

Howling Gates, Unquenched. The hat must remain above all.

Luka takes three three aligned Hat actions, adding them to his usual Hat and Skull action to create the first Grand Artifact, the Hat of Creation. Said hat resembles Luka without his divine organs, which is to say it looks like a fairly normal hat. Said hat is said to give Mortals the power to create things as if they where Divine Beings so long as they are wearing the hat on their head equivalent. (4 Hat actions 1 Skull Action).

Luka then creates the Plane of Hats, a plane encircling the head of the planet as its hat. It looks like Luka without his divine organs barring his googly eyes, which is to say it looks like a normal hat (but with google eyes). When a hat is destroyed on the mortal realm, it is said that its soul enters the Plane of Hats to find eternal rest on a comfy hat stand. (Free)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2024, 04:39:19 pm »

Yalini tempers and becomes Natural, gaining 2 greater pieces in the process.
She then settles in the Skull Islands
as part of her plan to spread light everywhere.
Yalini then used 2 aligned acts to create an order of flying insects made of light called Sparks. After that she rests on the skulls for a while.

"CAWW!"

(Suggesting creating a Domain first, at which point mortals may be made immediately using 1 greater piece each. Price will increase on future turns. Will donate 1 greater piece if action changed to this and promise to make birds.)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2024, 06:09:54 pm »

(The cost for Monuments on the OOC page says 1 Common, but the most recent turn says 1 Lesser. This won't affect my action, just pointing it out.)

ANTHEM-314 looks upon the world. It deems it to be an unpleasant place, one that is even less appealing than the tome worlds ruined by apocalyptic warfare in spite of its young age. It chooses to remain Unquenched, transitioning to become an Utter God.

ANTHEM-314 briefly considered the "Celestial Policy of Fulgurous Mercy". While it didn't object to its presumed intention of the preservation of mortal life, the policy itself was horribly flawed. The first problem was that it only dictated "That none of the sparked shining". As the gods were now transitioning away from the "Spark" phase, the document would not even apply to them. In fact, it seemed like it would only apply to a specific kind of insect? It also only protected mortals against harming mortals in a specific way, with the obvious loopholes being that mortals can be massacred en mass for non-malicious purposes, and the obvious argument that if a god forgets everything prior to the massacre then they cannot be said to be acting maliciously. It also allows for mortals to be maliciously massacred provided that it is not done en mass. ANTHEM-314 elected not to affix any seals to this document as it is.

In other news, there were some perks associated with the divine transition, as well as an answer to ANTHEM-314's previous quandary. Final Shape would be hazardous to civilized life, so if any interstellar visitors should arrive they should simply be met somewhere else. The only other place right now was Outer Space. ANTHEM-314 could work with that!

But first, it appears that ANTHEM-314 has a Free Plane! Thus the "Canvass of Stars" came to be. It was a mostly empty realm filled with distant lights. This realm is able to serve as a source of power for technological devices. Creating a portal to the Canvass of Stars is highly complex because it only overlaps with Outer Space as opposed to any location in Final Shape, but maintaining a portal that already was created to the Canvass of Stars is extremely easy. The most reliable way to open a portal to it is with technological devices.

Using 1 Rock act, 2 Machine acts, 1 Ghost act and 1 Ages act, ANTHEM-314 would create a Grand Monument in orbit around Final Shape! It considers calling it "/Y+BwBLH/MEcdAXV5Nos0EvA6NDGhua8vC0dFRneMsU=" but ultimately determined that mortals may need to actually refer to it, and settles on "Starbase ANTHEM-314" instead. It was a space station of massive proportion. It would be a constant reminder of the potential of technology to the inhabitants of the world below, but its true purpose lied elsewhere. It would serve as a place where visiting aliens would be able to meet, rest, perform repairs, refuel their ships, and be warned about the many dangers of Final Shape.

Alternatively, it would also serve as a deterrent to those who come with hostile intentions. Heavy metal armour plates cover its exterior, and a powerful shield generator would thwart any conventional attacks. It also comes loaded with high velocity mass drivers, lasers, missiles, and most terrifying of all, a direct uplink that ANTHEM-314 can connect to while it is at the station which can unleash a horrifying counterattack upon any spacebound civilization that would dare to strike at it.

... There is a sign about the possibility of renting office space at Starbase ANTHEM-314 ...
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2024, 07:04:04 pm »

Spoiler:  Redacted mortals (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 04:46:32 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2024, 07:08:12 pm »

"It seems that these new forms are limiting, and yet open new avenues of being. So it is that I put out a request that someone take my Acts and make some terrain to my specifications. In return, I am willing to listen to requests."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2024, 08:02:47 pm »

ANTHEM-314 considers the request of Gregory, Dire Rabbit.

"I would be willing to take on a commission. I would hear your specifications prior to committing to the job however."
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2024, 08:23:53 pm »

"It seems that these new forms are limiting, and yet open new avenues of being. So it is that I put out a request that someone take my Acts and make some terrain to my specifications. In return, I am willing to listen to requests."

"Caw."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2024, 08:36:15 pm »

Give Yalani 1 Greater Piece for purpose of mortal building.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2024, 10:05:44 pm »

(Thanks Demonic Spoon for the lovely divine seals!)
(Also KJP I should be missing an ear/hearing apparatus)

Sornlun distances itself from the coalescing Materia, and from within itself ignites and shines a brilliant blaze. Its lost jewel-eyes and moon-claws regrow as pristine and vibrant as they were at the dawn of creation! For an instant, the Usurper-Centipede can behold and grasp again.

Class Change: Unquenched Howling Gate
Bonus Package: Heal four organs (Eyes (x2), Claws (x2))

1. Create Grand Artifact: Clarity (Eyes of Sornlun, Sane Kidney of Gongon)
Description: a perfect opal crafted from the eleven restored eyes of Sornlun, upon which rests a divine sigil meaning Clarity. It clears and protects its user from all corruption and outside influence, allowing it to truly act out of its own uncorrupted free will. Having been crafted from divine eyes, its user is also granted divine sight and the ability to see any place in the World through falsehood and illusions.
Bonus: it glows adequately in the dark, allowing its user to read at night without ever straining its eyes!

In a vicious act of self-mutilation, Sornlun carves out once again its own eyes with its claws! (2 Heavens, 2 Flames)
It then slices Gongon's tasty liver, making it drip stimulating juices of sanity. (2 Sanity)

Sornlun then places its bleeding jewelled eyes in the liver-broth, causing them to dissolve as the mixture turns into an opalescent puddle clear like dawn. Sornlun brings the mixture to the fiery furnace of the Iridescent Sun, where with its claws the Centipede chisels and shapes until only remains a perfectly round opal. Once it is done, Sornlun finishes the works by carving a divine sigil meaning Clarity upon the Opal.

2. Create Angels: Roachids (Kidney of Sornlun)
Description: Resilient beings of moon-shell and flame wings whose presence is an auspicious sign of cleanliness. Especially resistant to corruption.

Sornlun then excises one of its kidneys, and cut it into smaller pieces which suddenly burst into flame and melt, until from the molten remains rises a cohort of moon-cockroaches.

3. Create Archangel: The Roach-Dragon (Ear of Sornlun, 1 Heaven)
Description: A great Roachid that simply looks like a cross between a dragon and a moon-cockroach. It makes for a great listener and confidant, and it can breathe heavenly flames.

Sornlun removes its remaining tymphanic membrane and picks up the last of the Roachids, wrapping it inside the membrane like a cocoon. It imbues it further with a Heaven act allowing the Roachid to mature into the Roach-Dragon.

Finally Sornlun swallows Clarity, and falls toward the World...

[Howling Gate] Free extra planar travel action (Outer Space -> Fhaire)

As Sornlun falls in a great descent of flames, the Unquenched sheds its claws, then its liver and viscera in order to fuel its ever fiery descent and transition into a Tempered entity.
-Claws (x2)
-Other Organs (x1)
-Liver (x1)

Its descent ends as it lands in the Fhaire.

[Class Change] Tempered Natural

4. Create Domain: Retreat (Kidney of Sornlun, Antennae)
Description: Within the fiery fields of the Fhaire, there lies a vast expanse of highly fertile chalk stone reminiscent of the barren surface of a white moon. The Suns and other heaven-dwellers seem eerily close for the onlookers of the Retreat, despite it being flat and slightly above sea-level. A wall of heavenly flames hide and protect the Retreat from outside interference.

In the center of the Fhaire, Sornlun requests the Roachids to sever its antennae and plants them upon the point of their landing. Then it asks them to extract its last liver, crush it into dust and spread it evenly until none is left. The flames suddenly stop, quelled, and the blessed land turn to chalk. If something were to be planted, it would surely grow strong and pure.

5. Plant Flowers: Nostalgiae (1 Flame)
Description: Fire-flowers blazing softly like the twilight sun. They were planted by Sornlun in memory of its past life and love for the Weaver. They emit a constant and pleasant warmth.

Finally, Sornlun spits fiery seeds for the Roachids to sow across the Retreat. They will grow into fierce and beautiful flowers known as Nostalgiae.

• Sornlun, Usurper of Heavens, Voice of Flame
    • Class: Tempered Natural
    • 0 Acts
    • Spoiler: Health (click to show/hide)
    • Spoiler: Treasury (click to show/hide)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2024, 11:17:32 pm »

Someone is coming
Someone or something moves-not-moves outside the furthest reaches of your universe!

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2024, 11:26:49 pm »

Friend?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2024, 11:27:35 pm »

Friend!!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2024, 11:34:46 pm »

ANTHEM-314 calls out to the outsider.

"/ZcmoqPynn4LvCek8uYC7q5XAYp/C8uoZISv8OvvIS4GacApAQt/3XRgM/lyzaEXv0pHQgm/lI2gDq55uuYvziQZUYdU7CvS18uAdxTpeG8hCTO5ZirLFVuA+oP7Tt57iXeC3lACSNbyAUcEqXCzdT9igXEdpxDGRK3TTP/F7OHZgAnNOpV4b+F+dVbScQ8yl59ha8VgwETRJlCrBRNzFz4JawOfb9/dM5+E6sR23YE="

...It is doubtful that it will understand, but it wanted to do it anyway...

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2024, 12:00:23 am »

Someone is coming
Someone or something moves-not-moves outside the furthest reaches of your universe!

It is coming to steal my cool hat  >:(
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14