Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17

Author Topic: Swordworld - Etherwind (IC) Dungeon Plunging  (Read 16441 times)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
Re: Swordworld - Etherwind (IC) Mulligan Town
« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2024, 05:55:27 pm »

"Airtight clothing, preferably something that covers my whole body, allows me to transform in it, and comes with it's own air supply that can be toggled on and off." He says.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2024, 07:27:24 pm »

"Well to summarize, we found that the rain is harmless as it only herald the Etherwind and acts like normal rain,  albeit blood colored. The wind itself only affects the person if they are either in contact with it, or breathing it in. I am not sure which method is affecting the soul but it seems it's both based on the answers we got."

He pauses gathering his thoughts before continuing.

"The event lasted about an estimated four or so hours, and interestingly it only affect us. Dogs and all other animals are fine with the Etherwind somehow."

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2024, 07:38:27 pm »

"Aren't you a rabbit and thus not affected?"
Lanith paused for a while after that joke to think about what to say next.
"So we only need to buy airtight clothing and a bunch of animals to combat the Etherwind?"
she/her

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2024, 07:59:05 pm »

"By the Gods I wish, I rather not get caught in one and start smelling like I covered myself with foul rotting meat till my very death."
Moving off the topic of the joke to respond more seriously.
"Assuming we have a way to breathe non Etherwind air, and be wearing it at all times since it can come at anytime, then I suppose so. However for the animals part,  I don't think there is need to provide Etherwind protection it seems."

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2024, 07:59:11 pm »

"Aren't you a dog and thus not affected?"

If Ethan possesses the slightest inkling of irony, he does not manifest it.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2024, 08:17:23 pm »

"Airtight clothing, preferably something that covers my whole body, allows me to transform in it, and comes with it's own air supply that can be toggled on and off." He says.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to pry into your....personal life.....Wait did you say air supply?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2024, 09:19:17 pm »

"Finding us a way to breathe is essential. I've been thinking about that problem. A portable contained air supply that can last hours will be...expensive and likely involve no small amount of magitech. It is not as simple as having some air in a bottle." Van was as ever stiff and expressionless. But there was the sense that somehow it was enjoying trying to figure out this puzzle. It was enjoying trying to find ways to protect everyone and so words just began spilling out of him. Partly it was sharing its ideas with the group and partly it was just thinking aloud.

"You need to have something that sorts the air you're breathing out from the air you're breathing in. Even if you sort that out the air needs to be compressed or it's not going to last more than a few lungfuls. If it's compressed then the tank needs to be solid enough or you'd be hauling around a bomb. Which in turn means the tanks would need to be very heavy and not something we can take the cheap option with. It's doable in theory but we'd probably be looking at a bunch of custom orders for a very skilled artificer,"

"However there is a major issue with that plan; we don't know that simply being airtight is enough. We are working with hearsay and assumptions at this point. We have nothing better right now. So I want to see if it's possible to gather some samples of etherwind. An actual study of it will tell us an awful lot about it. If airtight materials are all that is needed to contain it trapping some should be simple," It moved from that point to the point that had been rattling around in it's head for a while now.

"I'd like to set some very cheap, passive gas traps; two sealed glass jars, three pipes (made out of whatever we can make airtight like wax treated leather) and maybe a funnel of some sort should be enough for each trap. We partially fill each jar with liquid. Have the input pipe pass through the lid of the jar and stop below the water. Have the second pipe start above the water in the first jar, pass through the lids of both and stop below the water in the second jar and finally have an output pipe leaving the lid of the second jar. This last pipe must be narrower than the input pipe. Then seal any gaps with wax,"

"We can tune the traps by altering the level of the water. More water means it needs more pressure for gas to enter the trap and displace the air already inside it. Everything I've heard about etherwind implies strong gusts. So we set the traps in areas where we think etherwind will pass by and we leave. If the trap works as intended the water in the first jar will likely have turned red from the etherwind and we'll have a sample to examine,"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2024, 12:47:48 am »

"Sorry, our joke was in bad taste, didn't mean anything by it."
Lysia stepped forward, attempting to avoid unecessary confrontation.

Lysia at first was fascinated by the theorycrafting about the Etherwind, but rapidly grew disinterested, her eyes wandering, eventually almost completely tuning out what was being said, instead simply waiting for the... doll? runefolk. Right, runfolk, that's it. to finish and then spoke up afterwards.
"Um, so we looked over the guild map of the local ruins, they've mostly been looted but I think I remember the basic layout."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2024, 02:34:17 am »

Ears perking up after the long musing of the Robo-man with concepts that he was either too bored or uneducated to understand.
"Map? Lead the way! Well... as soon as that Nightmare gets back I suppose, swear he was just here a moment ago. Never did catch his name I think..."

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2024, 11:42:04 am »

"Sorry. Didn't mean to pry into your....personal life.....Wait did you say air supply?"

“Yes.  Air supply.  Preferably one that is isolated from the air outside.  Additionally, it ideally shouldn’t impair my mobility, and a heating element so I can repair it if it tears.”
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2024, 04:02:33 pm »

Ears perking up after the long musing of the Robo-man with concepts that he was either too bored or uneducated to understand.
"Map? Lead the way! Well... as soon as that Nightmare gets back I suppose, swear he was just here a moment ago. Never did catch his name I think..."
"Wait, there was a nightmare with us?" Lanith asked.
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2024, 04:49:25 pm »

"Wait, there was a nightmare with us?" Lanith asked.
"Yes, he told me that he likes sports. I think his name was Jeff."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2024, 04:55:51 pm »

“Yes.  Air supply.  Preferably one that is isolated from the air outside.  Additionally, it ideally shouldn’t impair my mobility, and a heating element so I can repair it if it tears.”

"They're are cheaper ways to blow yourself up kid. Those are both individually dangerous things that go together like fire and oil."

He scratches the back of his head.

"Well I can sell you the rubber but if you arn't an artificer I don't think you'll get too far on your uh...personal gear."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2024, 06:31:06 am »

"He was with us when we were interviewing people, but he ran off without saying why," Van's head tilted thirty degrees clockwise before snapping back to its normal position, its face still blank and expressionless "He's a strange one,"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 15, 2024, 03:02:11 am »

"Well, no harm in waiting for him I guess."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17