Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17

Author Topic: Swordworld - Etherwind (IC) Dungeon Plunging  (Read 16447 times)

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Swordworld - Etherwind (IC) Mulligan Town
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2024, 08:26:05 am »

Van being done with its questions steps back a bit to allow the others to ask theirs without interference. "The important thing we need to master if we are to protect ourselves will be filtration," Van mumbled mostly to itself. Its outside was mostly metal but its inner core was mostly organic. It had lungs and a need to breathe just like everybody else.

"Many standard, mundane poisons bind readily to activated charcoal, so putting that in a filter can work for a lot of things. Plague doctors use burning flowers and incense in their filters to kill the diseases in the air," Van paused its musings for a moment "How do I know that? Where's that coming from? Never mind. Etherwind."

"If Etherwind could be dealt with so simply we would have heard about it by now. Filtering it will require us to find something it binds to or something that repels it. That is going to take quite a bit of work. We need a sample,"

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2024, 12:14:35 pm »

I don't think we should buy airtight rubber bags to suffocate ourselves with.
That’s what air tanks are for! 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2024, 04:13:32 pm »

Lysia takes a few moments to attempt to memorize as much of the ruins general layout as she can, with the goal of being able to guide people in and out without getting lost, then turns to Lanith
~Thanks, I'm ready if you are.~
~Let's go~ Lanith walks down the staircase, past the receptionist, and opens the door.
she/her

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2024, 04:29:02 pm »

Lysia follows Lanith back, returning to the inn and looking for the rabb -no- tabbit, that had implied an invitation to group up... the name was George, right? George. Gotta remember that.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2024, 06:36:19 pm »

Seeing that Van is done with questioning, and also stepping back for having no further questions himself.
"Thanks friend, your information will be helpful for dealing with the Etherwind."

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2024, 07:06:12 pm »

"Excuse me, I also have a question. I heard that some of the afflicted had... unusual new dietary interests. Did you experience anything like that or have you heard of any such cases?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2024, 10:26:52 pm »

Lysia takes a few moments to attempt to memorize as much of the ruins general layout as she can, with the goal of being able to guide people in and out without getting lost, then turns to Lanith

As an over world map, it offers little insight to the layout of any particular ruin. Mostly it just tells you their geographical location. You could use it to lead someone to a previously explored ruin, and possibly even back, if you for some reason wanted to.

Rubber indeed exists in the world and is often used for magitech vehicle wheels, less so for face coverings and cloths. Maybe in some weird fetish shop I guess.

In that case, it’s probably really expensive and I only have 150 in liquid assets (the term is “liquid assets,” right?). Would that be enough?  Anyways, If I am still in range, I look to see if any of the mutated citizens display increased functionality due to their mutations, I.E. whether they have gained useful abilities and aren’t just bog-standard blotchy-skin mutants that you could get by exposing someone to plutonium or something.

((I don’t think this is the kind of game where playing Mutation Roulette is a wise idea but one can always hope.))

Currently the man is alone in the room. Presumably this is due to his miasma making him a terrible roommate. This may be considered a positive if you are incredibly antisocial, but most people are unlikely to consider this an upgrade.

150 is probably enough to purchase some rubber.

~Let's go~ Lanith walks down the staircase, past the receptionist, and opens the door.

Is this Loss?

Lysia follows Lanith back, returning to the inn and looking for the rabb -no- tabbit, that had implied an invitation to group up... the name was George, right? George. Gotta remember that.

You return to the Inn, arriving just as the interrogation is ending.

"Excuse me, I also have a question. I heard that some of the afflicted had... unusual new dietary interests. Did you experience anything like that or have you heard of any such cases?"

He shakes his head no, then points to another door.

“Not me…others do…some flesh….some blood….most are gone now….but he’s still here…”
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2024, 11:28:10 am »

Then I will buy some rubber, and follow the group
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2024, 05:54:26 am »

"Thank you very much for your time and your answers. You have been immensely helpful,"

Van's head turned as it heard someone entering the inn above.

"Is that the others back already? Or maybe it's more adventurers arriving? Either way, perhaps we should reconvene," it bowed to the inn patron "Thanks again for speaking with us,"

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2024, 06:18:37 am »

Ethan nods politely and repeats, "Thank you for your time."

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2024, 02:30:18 am »

"I wonder what they have discovered in the meantime."
George walks back up the stairs and greets the returning adventurers.
"Welcome back! Found anything of note?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2024, 03:17:32 am »

stepping inside, Lysia waves back to the-George! waves back to George. and speaks up.

"Little bit, nothing major, you inviting us to join you?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2024, 11:47:36 am »

Van followed closely behind George "We all told the innkeeper that we're here to do what we can against the Etherwind. Facing such an insurmountable problem I think it would be foolish to divide our efforts,"

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2024, 11:54:32 am »

Lanith approached closer to George. “Well, what important information have you guys gathered? Any ideas on negating the effects of the etherwind?”
she/her

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2024, 12:33:28 pm »

Ethan nods politely and repeats, "Thank you for your time."

He nods back and closes the door as the group returns to the upper inn.

Then I will buy some rubber, and follow the group

You immediately rush out the inn without explaining to anyone where or why you are going. Running about the dirt roads in confusion you eventually wonder upon an artificer workshop. It is poorly organized, appearing to be more of a junkyard than a functional workshop with tools and supplies littered about a stone building haphazardly. The shop owner, a Tien man in a welder's mask, is currently working on some metal lump that is no doubt an artificer creation beyond your comprehension.

You ask him for rubber. He stops working and asks you what you want the rubber for.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17