Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Author Topic: Swordworld - Etherwind (IC) Dungeon Plunging  (Read 16337 times)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Swordworld - Etherwind (IC) Mulligan Town
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2024, 02:00:13 pm »

"Where is Silvercreek and Thorafin?" Lanith asked to the receptionist while she stuffs the paper into her backpack.
she/her

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2024, 07:27:27 pm »

"Thank you."
and so Lysia takes a step towards the back stairs, but then turns to look for Lanith, unwilling to proceed alone.

Lanith is talking to the receptionist instead of following you. It seems she has a new best friend. You have been forsaken.

"Hrrrm, Would you be willing to talk in detail about any changes from the rain you've experienced? I understand if that's too personal a question though."

"Dark splotches on my body....miasma coming from somewhere...it gets in my lungs..."

He lungs inhale sharply at their mention.

"Not the rain...it was the cloud...rain is....safe....the cloud...the wind...not the rain..."

"Where is Silvercreek and Thorafin?" Lanith asked to the receptionist while she stuffs the paper into her backpack.

You take the missing people reports from the public board.

"Silvercreek is one of the tributaries to the river running through Mulligan town, you would see it if you followed the river downstream for approximately a week. Silvercreek village is situated next to the creek close to the hills. Thorafin is a coastal town far to the South, distant from other settlements. How long it takes to get there would depend on the weather. As the ocean is frozen year round, this means overland travel. Both locations are marked on the map upstairs."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2024, 08:17:13 pm »

With which group would I be again?  I'm not so good at identifying the other characters.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2024, 08:26:33 pm »

With which group would I be again?  I'm not so good at identifying the other characters.

You're with the group that stayed at the inn, talking with the ....... guy.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2024, 07:21:45 am »

"Was the wind itself visible in any way?" Van's mind was already racing. If the water wasn't contaminated then what was the reaction that turned it red? Was that why the skies turned red? Was all the water in the upper atmosphere being affected by the passing wind? If water turned red when in contact with it then maybe... It would need some clear containers like a vial, pipes small enough, a funnel, a cork and wax to seal it just to be safe. Vague plans to build a simple contraption to possibly capture some etherwind was forming in its mind. It didn't have the parts, or the money to purchase them yet and even if it did the contraption would still need to be placed somewhere the etherwind was going to hit. Even then the obviously magical nature of the etherwind could pose troublesome for a purely mundane trap like it was planning. Still, Van longed for a sample to study and examine. If it was to beat this thing it needed to understand it.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2024, 11:47:21 am »

So that would mean I heard him say the thing about the miasma in the air, right?
If so, I ask: “did clothing seem to affect it in any way?  Did you try to stop inhaling?  If so, did that change anything?”

If he answers that clothes and breath holding did help, I go into the town and buy some sort of face and skin covering clothes, maybe treated with wax or rubber (do they have rubber in this world?) to stop the stuff from penetrating.  If I don’t have enough for everyone, I will steal from shake down ask for money from my teammates. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2024, 08:24:44 pm »

~C'mon Lysia, let's go~
Lanith opened the door and walked through it onto the path outside.
she/her

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2024, 08:30:20 pm »

~what about the map?~
Lysia looks back and forth between the stairs and Lanith.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2024, 02:49:51 am »

"Were there any people that hid inside houses? Generally how affected were they compared to you?"

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2024, 03:31:00 pm »

~what about the map?~
Lysia looks back and forth between the stairs and Lanith.
~Fine, we should look at the map. I just don't want to keep the rest of the group waiting.~ Lanith walked over to the stairs and waits for Lysia to follow.
she/her

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2024, 03:58:22 pm »

which Lysia does immediately, wanting to look it over and especially note the general layout and what has already been looted.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2024, 04:35:37 pm »

"Was the wind itself visible in any way?" Van's mind was already racing. If the water wasn't contaminated then what was the reaction that turned it red? Was that why the skies turned red? Was all the water in the upper atmosphere being affected by the passing wind? If water turned red when in contact with it then maybe... It would need some clear containers like a vial, pipes small enough, a funnel, a cork and wax to seal it just to be safe. Vague plans to build a simple contraption to possibly capture some etherwind was forming in its mind. It didn't have the parts, or the money to purchase them yet and even if it did the contraption would still need to be placed somewhere the etherwind was going to hit. Even then the obviously magical nature of the etherwind could pose troublesome for a purely mundane trap like it was planning. Still, Van longed for a sample to study and examine. If it was to beat this thing it needed to understand it.

"A cloud...it came with a cloud..."

So that would mean I heard him say the thing about the miasma in the air, right?
If so, I ask: “did clothing seem to affect it in any way?  Did you try to stop inhaling?  If so, did that change anything?”

If he answers that clothes and breath holding did help, I go into the town and buy some sort of face and skin covering clothes, maybe treated with wax or rubber (do they have rubber in this world?) to stop the stuff from penetrating.  If I don’t have enough for everyone, I will steal from shake down ask for money from my teammates. 

"Nothing....helps...I need...to breath...to live."

Rubber indeed exists in the world and is often used for magitech vehicle wheels, less so for face coverings and cloths. Maybe in some weird fetish shop I guess.

"Were there any people that hid inside houses? Generally how affected were they compared to you?"

"Most people...hid in their homes...some better...some worse......best was the Watchtower..."

More coughing.

"Gaps in the logs...chimneys...the wind got in...one way...or...another..."

which Lysia does immediately, wanting to look it over and especially note the general layout and what has already been looted.
~C'mon Lysia, let's go~
Lanith opened the door and walked through it onto the path outside.

After getting some fresh air, you walk up the stairs. It leads into a lounge area with bedrooms lining all four walls. More adventurers hang out chatting casually, standing around or sitting in one of the stuffed chairs placed randomly around the room. In the center was a large table with the promised map.

Xs, indicating looted ruins, randomly appear across the map as if someone had spilled breakfast cereal on it and someone else had to chalk out the crime scene in black ink. You quickly loose count of how many ruins have been looted, the number had to be in the hundreds at least. You notice a few "O"s among the Xes, though they are far fewer in number. There doesn't seem to be any pattern you can recognize.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2024, 06:17:50 pm »

Lysia takes a few moments to attempt to memorize as much of the ruins general layout as she can, with the goal of being able to guide people in and out without getting lost, then turns to Lanith
~Thanks, I'm ready if you are.~

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2024, 07:50:44 pm »

Rubber indeed exists in the world and is often used for magitech vehicle wheels, less so for face coverings and cloths. Maybe in some weird fetish shop I guess.

In that case, it’s probably really expensive and I only have 150 in liquid assets (the term is “liquid assets,” right?). Would that be enough?  Anyways, If I am still in range, I look to see if any of the mutated citizens display increased functionality due to their mutations, I.E. whether they have gained useful abilities and aren’t just bog-standard blotchy-skin mutants that you could get by exposing someone to plutonium or something.

((I don’t think this is the kind of game where playing Mutation Roulette is a wise idea but one can always hope.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2024, 07:55:58 pm »

I don't think we should buy airtight rubber bags to suffocate ourselves with.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17