Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: Swordworld - Etherwind (IC) Dungeon Plunging  (Read 16232 times)

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
Re: Swordworld - Etherwind (IC) Mulligan Town
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2024, 07:54:21 pm »

Ethan contemplates how to tap the bunny on the shoulder without knocking him over completely, then settles for drumming his fingers on the bar in a way that's kind of rude, but hopefully less rude than grievous bodily harm. "Hey there, would you be interested in joining us for a ruin dive? Your friend is invited too, if he's done chatting with the staff."
"Hmm? A ruin dive? Sure why not, gotta make some money somehow."
George gulps down the rest of the cider hops off the stool, and addresses Van 264
"Whatcha think Van? A quick dive for some quick Gamels and to shake some rust off?"

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2024, 08:23:09 pm »

Van flipped open its small bag to double-check the scant few coins that had collected in the bottom.
"Only seven left. I will not get far with just seven Gamels. Some quick Gamels are exactly what I need at the moment. I will accept your kind invitation"

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2024, 09:02:53 pm »

"Guess that's that then. Let's see if we can't get a pointer in the right direction, then get going."
See if we can't get a pointer in the right direction, then get going.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2024, 10:22:05 pm »

George takes a sip only to immediately burn his tongue. Taking a small break from drinking the dwarven cider he asks.
"Say, Missus. Know anything of interest that the refugees said? Villages? Sightings? Anything of note?"
After asking this, he starts nursing his drink after giving time for it to cool down.

“Same story as all the others, if that counts as a sighting. Rain of blood followed by a real fearsome cloud. Not that they like taking about it all that much. Village was called Watchtower, on account of the precursor watchtower watching it from the hill. Don’t think much is left of the place now though.”

"Can't say I heard of it until the corrupted villagers started pouring into town. If someone knows its origin it sure ain't me."
"Do you know of any of those villagers who would be willing to share their stories? We are working with very little information at the moment,"

“You can try talking to them if ya like, didn’t get to know them much myself. One of ‘‘em says he’s been craving raw meat since the change. Might want to stay away from his door just in case.”

"Guess that's that then. Let's see if we can't get a pointer in the right direction, then get going."
See if we can't get a pointer in the right direction, then get going.

“Guess Watchtower isn’t using their ruin no more, might as well strip it for parts. About three days on foot down the river. Head towards the hills and look for a real tall one with a tower crowning it. Only one I’ve heard of as of late, most folk like to keep the ruins they find to themselves.”
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2024, 01:05:50 am »

George stops and thinks
"Three days? I think its best if we wait for the other two Lykant ladies to be finished with their business first. Can't be too cautious when the Etherwind was near the ruin, who knows what could have changed since
the people fled.
"
Turning to Van
"Fancy interviewing some village folk in the meantime? Unless you can feed yourself for six or more days, I think we need to stock up quite a bit on some supplies."

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2024, 08:26:23 am »

"Yes that sounds like a plan," Van said as it stood up "Do you wish to take the lead in the questions? I am aware I can be...off putting. Though perhaps if some are craving raw flesh then an interviewer who is mostly metal might be the better choice,"

Van slowly and stiffly made its way over to the stairs down to the inn rooms, stopping at the top. "That's assuming they'll be receptive to our canvassing though, which might be asking a bit much from them right now,"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2024, 11:45:15 am »

after the near total non-response to Lanith's invitation Lysia shrugs before saying "I guess nobody else is interested."
However she gives the rabbit, er, Tabbit? Tabbit. George. a curious look, and then murmers to Lanith ~I think George just invited us to group up after we check out the guild hall. Wana do it?~
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2024, 04:00:17 pm »

~Sounds like a good idea to group up after seeing the guildhall~, Lanith murmered back. She opened the door and stepped outside.
she/her

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2024, 05:55:41 pm »

Lysia follows after, heading out to see what we can learn at the guildhall.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2024, 08:14:35 pm »

"Yes that sounds like a plan," Van said as it stood up "Do you wish to take the lead in the questions? I am aware I can be...off putting. Though perhaps if some are craving raw flesh then an interviewer who is mostly metal might be the better choice,"

Van slowly and stiffly made its way over to the stairs down to the inn rooms, stopping at the top. "That's assuming they'll be receptive to our canvassing though, which might be asking a bit much from them right now,"
"Sure, I bet I can think a few questions for them. Surely, they would want to answer after being cooped up in their rooms for a few days now."

George walks to and down the stairs and knocks on the closest door with three sharp raps.

"Hello Sir or Madam! We just want to ask a few questions, if you don't mind at all?"

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2024, 11:20:12 pm »

Ethan hurriedly follows the very small fluffy morsel in case it needs backup, vaguely gesturing for his other new friends to come along too. It wouldn't be good to have someone eaten this early in the adventure.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2024, 11:55:17 am »

Khyros casually follows ethan, wondering what exactly the buildings are made of around here. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2024, 03:20:12 pm »

~Sounds like a good idea to group up after seeing the guildhall~, Lanith murmered back. She opened the door and stepped outside.
Lysia follows after, heading out to see what we can learn at the guildhall.

You leave the inn and head towards the guild hall. The evening air is chilly but not cold, given the pot the innkeeper was working on you can assume its about dinner time for most of the town's residents. Still a few people move about he town's dirt roads, with some minor beast of burden traffic and the occasional magitech vehicle once you hit main street.

As promised the guild hall is easily identifiable, thanks in part to sitting next to the largest building in town giving it a handy landmark, and in part to the statues. "Heroic" is an odd description of said statues given each of the dozen figures seem to consist of monsters and Barbarous in the middle if pitch combat with one another. Life size and life like, whoever carved them must have been intimately familiar with the vicious creatures depicted in marble. Alongside the statues is a blossoming garden. The premises are surrounded by an iron fence covered in flowering vines, with pink cherry trees offering shade to a few tables filled with adventurers chatting over tea. Given the climate these are likely maintained by magitech ripped from the local ruins - a display of competence visible to anyone who walks by the building.

Linked to the garden is the guild hall itself. A two story building made of stone, modeled after a castle keep (the large open windows indicating that it was not simply a keep repurposed to be a guild hall). Upon entering you are greeted by more more of the same, gargoyles of various monsters on the ceiling with potted plants offering color to the room. It seems the guild itself was acting something like an inn, with the well-armed patrons eating and drinking on small tables with their companions.

A grassrunner is acting as a waitress, bringing out plates filled with food and drink from the kitchen behind the bar and returning with piles of soiled dishes. A Meria is patiently waiting behind the reception counter as if she was one of the potted plants herself. There is a large bulletin board sitting in the right corner in front of the restrooms.

"Sure, I bet I can think a few questions for them. Surely, they would want to answer after being cooped up in their rooms for a few days now."

George walks to and down the stairs and knocks on the closest door with three sharp raps.

"Hello Sir or Madam! We just want to ask a few questions, if you don't mind at all?"

You note that the lower level is illuminated by magitech coils, with the walls and floor made of compacted dirt. It is plausible that magitech lighting is cheaper than candles or lamps locally.

After a moment, a figure opens the door. They are covered in cloth, a thick winter cloak covering most of their body, with exposed flesh being covered in wraps made of rags. Given the inn is comfortably warm at the moment, the figure is either hiding their afflicted flesh or has their internal thermometer busted. You think they're a human man, but they could be something close enough to human. They can't hide their eyes however - onyx black rimmed with gold. Nor can they hide the miasma clinging to their body - a sickly smell that wafts through the door and up the stairs.

The black eyes just look at you expectantly without a word.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2024, 03:28:19 pm »

Lysia steps to the side immediately after entering, clearing the path while she stands still and looks around, taking in what she can see of the building. After a few moments of getting her bearings, she heads over to the bulletin board, seeing what is publicly posted before bothering to ask questions of the people here.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2024, 05:22:56 pm »

George waves at the cloaked person.
"Hey there friend! We're adventurers that are soon going out to try to stop the Etherwind, so we would like ask some questions in prepartion beforehand. You don't need to answer if the questions are too intruding and you feel uncomfortable.
Starting off, firstly just for confirmation, are you from Watchtower? How long ago did the Etherwind show up? Did everyone flee the village or, are there any missing or those that stayed behind for whatsoever reasons? Can you give your account of the Etherwind? We are looking into travelling to Watchtower for investigative purposes, so are there additional information that would be helpful? Things like any nearby other villages or general dangers present in the area.
"
Turning his head towards the adventurers with him.
"Any other questions you guys feel like asking for our good friend here?"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17