Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: Swordworld - Etherwind (IC) Dungeon Plunging  (Read 16085 times)

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Swordworld - Etherwind (IC) Dungeon Plunging
« Reply #210 on: May 19, 2024, 04:19:38 pm »

Van gathers some of the grass, taking some of the tallest and strongest and begins weaving some ropes from them.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 20, 2024, 01:28:19 pm »

Lysia rests near Lanith, wanting to be fresh and able to swap roles when Lanith tires.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 20, 2024, 10:41:29 pm »

George breaks out his dried fruit rations, and eats a few to sate his hunger.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 25, 2024, 02:22:01 pm »

Passive-aggressively start making camp.

You passive aggressively start making camp under lamp light. The Nightmare gets the hint but everyone else just hangs out and watches.

Most of you just have a blanket so setting up camp basically means making a fire out of dry tallgrass and setting up basic noise makers to keep you from dying in your sleep. The runefolk didn't bring a blanket, want to share?

Help make camp, and be a bit too excited about the prospects of a campfire. 

The grass burns wonderfully, unfortunately it is contained by a ring of stones. Sad.

Lanith looks out for any enemies.

You find a good excuse to not help set up camp. Your eyes, ears, and nose don't sense anything hostile.

Van gathers some of the grass, taking some of the tallest and strongest and begins weaving some ropes from them.

Making a rope is fairly simple, its construction goes by fairly quick. It is around the size of a fallen tree in length. You are no craftsman and probably should have dried out the grass first, so the rope isn't something anyone would buy at a market or you would trust your life to, but it is a rope you can be proud of.

Grass rope get! Just for the record everyone else brought 10 meters of rope with them, and you can see it hanging off their packs as part of standard issue adventuring gear. Did you get jealous of their ropes?

Lysia rests near Lanith, wanting to be fresh and able to swap roles when Lanith tires.

You rest near Lanith. No monsters attack so the rest is restful.

George breaks out his dried fruit rations, and eats a few to sate his hunger.

The dried fruit tastes dry and fruity. Not in a good way, unless you really like raisins. Still anything in your stomach is good after spending a day marching and killing drifters.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 28, 2024, 04:03:58 pm »

Lysia swaps with Lanith, taking watch so Lanith can rest.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 28, 2024, 08:57:58 pm »

Get some sleep and be ready to take next watch on the assumption that the non-dog-people don't have good enough senses.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 30, 2024, 02:19:11 pm »

The night passes without anyone being eaten by scull cleaners. You wake up to the morning frost covering the tall grass, the short grass, and Van 264 since he didn't bring anything to sleep in. The fire is warm and ready to cook, if you want a meal before heading out.

You still have no plans to get through the grass forest but at least won't be stumbling through the dark now.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 30, 2024, 02:23:01 pm »

Aww, I would have shared.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 30, 2024, 03:06:16 pm »

Aww, I would have shared.

At least he avoids the flees this way.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 31, 2024, 01:34:40 am »

Standing up, George stretches his arms and feet for the brand-new day. Eating some raisins to sate his hunger (maybe he should have the foresight not to pack only raisins), and looking at the bunch of tall grass that impedes the party's journey.
"A bright new day to go tramping about! Say, would there be a path around this forest, or do we have to go through it somehow?"

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 31, 2024, 07:39:55 am »

There was so much that Van couldn't remember. But it could remember many a cold night curled up in the dirt. It had gotten very used to that. Travelling long roads with little to its name was like that. Its empty searching had resulted in a fair number of poor campsites and empty pockets had seen it turned away from many an inn. But it had to admit there was a lot of convenience to camping with others to take watch. It had felt much less vulnerable sleeping at this camp than it normally did. Van woke up, pulled itself to its feet and did its best to dust off any lingering bits of soil and mud that had clung to it. It could feel that familiar stiffness from spending a night in an uncomfortable place to sleep and it wondered why only now did it occur to it that all that super tall grass could have made some nice bedding.

But Van wasn't the first up; George seemed to be something of an early riser.
"I would like to know that too. Though since those more familiar with the maps suggested we go this way I suspect it might be a very long way around,"

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 31, 2024, 06:22:37 pm »

“Ah, a new day, a new opportunity to cave in someone’s skull!  Isn’t it great?”

He generally makes himself useful, helping anyone who needs it. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 04, 2024, 01:45:07 pm »

Lysia stretches, stiff from rotating watch shifts with Lanith, and prepares a group breakfast.
"Morning."

after everyone has had a chance to wake and eat, she's a bit less terse.
"So anyway, we're fairly close, just this last bit here."
Lysia draws roughly in the dirt, sketcĥing our intended route.
"Anyway, lets press onward shall we?"
Lead us through the grass to our destination.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 05, 2024, 05:45:31 pm »

"Absolutely," said Lanith.
"Everyone, grab onto this rope." Lanith holds the rope out of her backpack.
she/her

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 06, 2024, 11:07:50 am »

Van obediently grabs on to the rope.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17