Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17

Author Topic: Swordworld - Etherwind (IC) Dungeon Plunging  (Read 16347 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Swordworld - Etherwind (IC) Dungeon Plunging
« Reply #165 on: April 07, 2024, 08:43:45 pm »

Yay, we killed some people!
I don't think I have any way to be of use with regard to healing, so I'll just stand guard for now.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 08, 2024, 04:36:38 am »

In the aftermath Van found itself staring at the corpses uneasily. Had it killed before? It suspected that it had, perhaps many times. The stories of those struggles were lost to it now, the causes and the consequences forgotten. In time it would forget this one as well. Again and again it would forget. It was drifting, lost. It had been for a long time and it knew it. It needed something to orientate itself, it needed an anchor. It could remember the promise it had made, a promise still unfilled. It wouldn't forget that. But it couldn't find them. It needed...

A sharp pain in its side from the fresh wound dragged it away from its grim thoughts. It needed to do something about that wound. It suspected a small bit of rest and a little tending would do it wonders.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 08, 2024, 10:39:51 am »

Lysia returns to human form from beast form. and sat down, noticing her longtime companion headed her way with lifegrass in hand.
~Thanks Lanith.~
Remaining still, she looks contemplatively first at Lanith, then at the bloody mess around her, before resting her eyes on the injured runefolk.
"Hey, um, Van, was it? Come over here please, I'll patch you up."
And begins making a small cookfire to boil tea, intending to prepare a lifegrass infusion for Van to help them heal.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 10:51:18 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 08, 2024, 10:46:02 am »

The nightmare patiently waits for his companions who were foolish enough to get hit, and then follows the group to our destination. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 08, 2024, 01:25:02 pm »

Van sat down next to Lysia.
"That would be mosteeee appreciated," It said bowing its expressionless face in thanks.

Van sat there a moment feeling the lifegrass infusion seep into it and the relief that followed it. "Ahh that is much better, thank you,"
It glanced again at the dead bodies "I suppose it is time for the morbid task of seeing if they had anything useful on them. We are rather short on funds and other resources at the moment so regretfully I don't think we can be picky.,"

Once it's healed a bit Van will quickly check the fallen for anything that would be useful to the party.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 08, 2024, 09:05:04 pm »

"That was pretty embarrassing..." George mutters as he went through the procedure of reloading his matchlock.
"Fifteen down the drain, oh how many mugs of cider I could have gotten with that amount."
Speaking in a louder voice towards Lysia, he asks "Should we continue with the trip with a little light spell I can call up with my Magisphere or camp and rest for the night?"

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 08, 2024, 09:23:02 pm »

I will also assist with the looting.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 10, 2024, 01:42:59 pm »

Lanith rushes back to Lysia, lifegrass in hand. She tries to heal Lysia.

You cover Lysia's wounds in a poultice of lifegrass, returning 9 HP to the wounded archer. Lysia is now at 16HP. Lanith has 2 Lifegrass left.

Lysia returns to human form from beast form. and sat down, noticing her longtime companion headed her way with lifegrass in hand.
~Thanks Lanith.~
Remaining still, she looks contemplatively first at Lanith, then at the bloody mess around her, before resting her eyes on the injured runefolk.
"Hey, um, Van, was it? Come over here please, I'll patch you up."
And begins making a small cookfire to boil tea, intending to prepare a lifegrass infusion for Van to help them heal.

Ten minutes later and a tea is read, all the while Lysia works to heal your wounds. Van restores 6HP, and is now at 23. Lysia is now out of Lifegrass.

It feels like your injuries are covered in cooling mint, dulling the pain and quickly closing the openings. While not fully healed you are in significantly better shape.

Van sat down next to Lysia.
"That would be mosteeee appreciated," It said bowing its expressionless face in thanks.

Van sat there a moment feeling the lifegrass infusion seep into it and the relief that followed it. "Ahh that is much better, thank you,"
It glanced again at the dead bodies "I suppose it is time for the morbid task of seeing if they had anything useful on them. We are rather short on funds and other resources at the moment so regretfully I don't think we can be picky.,"

Once it's healed a bit Van will quickly check the fallen for anything that would be useful to the party.

Lifegrass tea is mostly tasteless, with a cooling sensation washing down with the liquid despite the temperature of the tea. The sensation seems familiar, but you feel like when you had it before there was something added for either flavor or function. If you could only find out what it was, you might just unlock a long forgotten memory...

You and Ethan begin looting the corpses while the others heal, make tea, or watch you loot uninterested.

The Scyth mutant has a bag of coins worth approximately 50G.
Flainrunner has his pockets filled with unidentified raw meat. It seems to be unpreserved and days old.
Kniferunner has a purse with 50G worth of coins around their neck.
Pitchforkrunner has a pouch with a human skull in it. The skull is covered in scrape marks.
Bowrunner has 50G hiding in the bottom of their quiver, along with 7 usable arrows.
Slingrunner was hiding 50G in large coins in their boots.

Overall the looters find 200G worth of usable loot on the fallen corpses.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 10, 2024, 02:23:40 pm »

Lanith changes back to human form.
"Wow! Forget finding missing children, this is way more profitable! But why does Pitchforkrunner have a human skull?"
she/her

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 11, 2024, 06:12:24 am »

The taste of the lifegrass tea was oddly familiar but Van couldn't place it. So much of its memory was just a giant hole of nothing, but the taste was something. It was there, but it was incomplete. It was missing something. Van was unwilling to let the hint of memory flit away.
"Thank you for the tea Lysia. Just to feed my curiosity what would people tend to traditionally use to flavour lifegrass tea?"

"I suspect it is some form of trophy. One perhaps we should bury to give the poor soul some form of rest,"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 11, 2024, 12:07:24 pm »

Lysia smiles in response to the thanks.
"It depends on the region. Most of the time it is simply things to help the flavor, mint's a common choice for example. Occasionally people find some amplifying additives, like something specific to help against infection or pain. But the specific choices generally depend on the maker and what grows in the local area. In my case I didn't add anything this time. I'm not from around here and don't have stocks of supplies to draw from to add much. I'm hoping that when we get back that's one thing I could buy actually, some more Lifegrass and maybe a proper set of additives for it, that was the last I had I'm afraid."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 18, 2024, 08:38:23 am »

"That was pretty embarrassing..." George mutters as he went through the procedure of reloading his matchlock.
"Fifteen down the drain, oh how many mugs of cider I could have gotten with that amount."
Speaking in a louder voice towards Lysia, he asks "Should we continue with the trip with a little light spell I can call up with my Magisphere or camp and rest for the night?"

Everyone ignores you. Maybe you should speed louder.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 18, 2024, 08:59:02 pm »

Since George is being ignored by the entire party, he instead plop himself on the ground and start chewing on the grass waiting.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 19, 2024, 05:55:35 am »

Van had been rather distracted since the battle ended. It realised it had been unintentionally rude towards George. It bowed in apology "I think it is past time we got moving. We've a lot of ground to cover,"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 20, 2024, 04:27:42 pm »

Lysia shakes her head and looks at George.
"Sorry, yeah, George, that sounds like a great idea to me. lets go with that."
Resume leading the way to the desired ruins.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17