Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20

Author Topic: Mafia Heist: End of the line. Town Win  (Read 10988 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Heist: A short and simple mafia game. (5/7)
« Reply #210 on: February 22, 2024, 09:55:42 am »

Since there doesn't appear to be anybody with the capacity to kill left in the game, we can choose to no-lynch, letting NJW investigate me and/or Crystal, and then hammer the subsequent days so as to meet our deadline and avoid letting the thread spill over into the weekend.
Actually... is "hammering" not eliminating, allowing us to progress onto the next day faster, on the table, TCMC?
I wasn't awake for this question, but yes. If I'm awake it would start a new day.
It would also likely cause skipped actions if someone is asleep rn.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Heist: A short and simple mafia game. (4/7)
« Reply #211 on: February 22, 2024, 09:56:51 am »

Fixed. It was Max Spin that didn't vote. The Dead can't vote.
Thanks - sorry to quibble, just wanted to make sure things weren't getting extra-weird.

...maybe there's an obvious explanation, but I don't think I can mechanically solve this. Might be time to ignore the damn inspect.

In which case... yeah, is it just Max? The guy that suggested we leave mafia alive because they claimed 3p? The guy pushing the idea of a single-player mafia?

It really could be that simple. And while there's some dubiousness to CM this game, blindly following the inspect is clearly a terrible idea, especially as we haven't found the framer. And "framed" is a status effect, suggesting it lingers, giving the framer plenty of time to apply it to a bunch of people.

Which would also chime with no kills happening.

Going to take a lot of convincing that it's anyone other than Max at this point. If he's genuinely town and suggested leaving Quarque alive after the guy claimed 3p... maybe just DON'T do that kind of thing in the future?
One wheel short of a wagon

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 22, 2024, 10:16:46 am »

I believe the framer adds the [Phantom Thief] modifier to those they target.  Could Max visiting Crystal (with what he claims to be a kill-preventative--something nigh useless at this point) on the very same day you just happened to inspect her be coincidental?  I find that scenario pretty improbable.  The real question we need to address is this: would Tric add an insane cop to a vanilla-ish, to the extent of our awareness, game?  As almost-bastard as that is in concept, I don't think it's impossible anymore.  It definitely spices things up, I can say that much! :P
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 22, 2024, 10:19:37 am »

I mean... I don't even need to be insane, our frame-cleaner died D2.

If there's mafia, which I'm 90% sure there is, I'm 90% sure it's Max. The Phantom Thief probably doesn't get a kill, so even if one exists, I think going for the most likely mafioso is the play.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 22, 2024, 10:45:06 am »

Turning people into death millers would be bastard right? So clearly the remaining anti town is a mafia memeber. We don't know sofanthiel's alignement so they're probably scum. I don't think that there are double godfathers when there is a miller and a framer. Anyways, sorry for lurking, I'm kind of busy lately.
she/her

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 22, 2024, 10:51:50 am »

Well, this proves that Crystal isn't the framer.  She could've just hammered and used her double-vote ability tomorrow to mechanically win the game.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 22, 2024, 11:13:40 am »

I don't think CM could actually hammer. I guess she could double-vote hammer though... but that wouldn't work out unless she also had a mafiakill.

Though I guess it's a good sign that CM wants Sofa out the game rather than Max? mafia!CM could just coast to victory on Max's death. Wouldn't even need to double-vote.

... the double godfathers thing would indeed be crazy. It would however also fit the theme of the game so far, which is to lie to NJW about everything.

I mean, this is a bastard game because it has millers and godfathers. But if there's only one godfather and no death millers then we have the thief and one scum, and there's almost definitely another scum, so either CM is mafia lying about the double-vote or Sofa is mafia.

I don't think CM is lying about the double vote, so I don't think CM is mafia. But it would be weird for CM to be mafia framed as 3p in any case.

Hmph... Eliminating Imp really wasn't the play D2.

I don't think we kill CM here under any circumstances. I think sofa did genuinely want to be investigated... so either they're godfather or town. So there's no point worrying about the implausibility of double godfathers because I'm hypothesising them in either case. Kinda feels like I'm having to second-guess the setup a lot.

I keep coming back to Max or Sofa.

Sofanthiel - roleclaim please.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 22, 2024, 11:30:09 am »

Sofanthiel - roleclaim please.
As Oliverz, God b1ess h1s sou14, said, I'm The Auctioneer, and my ability is tracking (though I thought I'd made that datum pretty obvious with my lines of questioning and, especially, today's direct accusation of Spin).
Day 1, I tracked Imp, who targeted NJW.
Day 2, I tracked Maximum Spin, who targeted me.
Day 3, I, once again, tracked Maximum Spin, who targeted Crystal.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 22, 2024, 12:29:40 pm »

God b1ess h1s sou14
Oops, looks like it was supposed to be 144 instead of 1114; don't know how I messed that up!  Maybe... "God b1ess h4s sou4"?  Whatever, gud enuff.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 22, 2024, 12:39:10 pm »

I didn't actually visit anyone the last two days. I claimed to visit sofanthiel because he softclaimed tracker over and over again, so I wanted to see what he'd say.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 22, 2024, 12:42:01 pm »

Sneaky, sneaky Max! ;)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 22, 2024, 12:48:57 pm »

If there's more than one mafia player, which there almost always is, then there's probably more killing power. A lone mafia is generally not referred to as mafia.

It's quite dubious that people haven't realised this.
Uh, because it isn't true? "Solomaf" is an established concept. We've had a few single-player mafias lately in these small side-games.

I mean, this is a bastard game because it has millers and godfathers.
I really do find you deeply baffling. I just don't get it.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 22, 2024, 12:53:55 pm »

Maximum Sly, why didn't you acknowledge and debunk my soft confirmation of your false claim, as provided below?  Catching me in a lie like that could've prevented an unnecessary death. :)
Something that'd be helpful to figure out is whether any of us had an opportunity to employ the hinted-at frame ability.  Spin couldn't have used it on Oliver yesterday

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 22, 2024, 01:06:12 pm »

As long as you were being vague, I wasn't sure whether you were actually claiming to have tracked me, which is why I accused you and told you to claim for real. Then you didn't and hammered while I was asleep instead.

Given that "Frame" has been described as a persistent status effect, I'm pretty sure now that we have death frame, Oliverz was actually town, and this game is unnecessarily stupid.

... Ugh, I think I know where this game has got to go from here, and I really don't want to do Armed Forces Basic again. Maximum Spin :(

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 22, 2024, 01:11:11 pm »

Vote Count
MaxSpin: Sofanthiel, MaxSpin
Sofanthiel: Crystalizedmire
Not Voting: NJW

3 to hammer.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20