Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20

Author Topic: Mafia Heist: End of the line. Town Win  (Read 11023 times)

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Heist: A short and simple mafia game. (6/7)
« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2024, 04:57:56 pm »

I got the idea sofanthiel also saw it, right?
I saw Imp's claim to work at the local cruise mill being supported by Quarque's epitaph and how that could've been an intentional move on the pair's part.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2024, 04:58:04 pm »

Nah. No way. I think you workshopped this claim with Quarque after confirming that the real butler wouldn't show in Quarque's flip.

There's no way Quarque doesn't ask that while supposedly "asking Tric questions trying to figure out the role", so there's no way Quarque thinks "my flip will prove Imp is town", nor any reason to actually say that EXCEPT as a gambit.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2024, 05:03:45 pm »

Max, do you think Imp actually visited NJW?  Would you change your mind about the situation if that were the case?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2024, 05:05:32 pm »

IF it turns out Imp is telling the truth, which I don't believe, I will take that as clearing NJW2000, for very important reasons I won't explain (it's not because NJW2000 was supposedly protected), though.

By the way, I never try to kill NJW2000 here as scum, not that you'd believe me until after the game. Which means I'd probably be caught, lol, because I wouldn't account for NJW2000 possibly being a cop who, it should have been obvious, always targets me here, but, since in the current game state you'd have to assume I'm another godfather (why would there even be a cop in that case? Tric may play fast and loose with good game design, but that's too far), I wouldn't have to care about NJW2000 being a cop anyway. But if I were actually scum, the current gamestate would be totally different anyway.

Max, do you think Imp actually visited NJW?  Would you change your mind about the situation if that were the case?
I have no strong opinion one way or the other. Do you have results on this? The possibility of mechanically solving is something I would consider, certainly.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2024, 05:05:48 pm »

This is cool.

What did you do to me, Max, and why pick me?

Because you said "I will inspect as mafia." That obligates us to use any other resource to solve your slot.

You still haven't said **what** you did to me, Max.

Care to tell the class?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2024, 05:06:29 pm »

Unvote

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2024, 05:12:29 pm »

I want to hear NJW2000's opinion on the matter at hand.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2024, 05:16:49 pm »

Why would Quarque do that?

My thoughts:

I have no idea if Qua has 'Imp is town' in Qua's role.  That's a flipping weird thing to put in a mafia's role.

But, there's some player name there.  Let's say it's Sof.  Sof is a butler.

Let's say Imp and Qua are scum.

... I'm just gonna tell you that as scum, Imp is going to say, do not claim I'm your town person. That's gonna force a thunderdom between me and your real town person.  You're dead, you're going out, sof's gonna counter claim, and I'm out too, we lose.  Nah, don't.

And Qua with any other partner, probably does something different than what Qua did D1.  I think Qua's ticked off at the mod Tric, and the role, and wants out.  Probably didn't even ask if the name would be redacted, probably didn't care.  Bad game, bad role, get me out of here.

So I think Qua thinks they need to find the other anti-town, and doesn't know who or how.

I also think it's Max, but I could be wrong.  But most everything Max is doing supports that.

If it isn't Max, you're high in chances, because of coincidence.  You're the most likely player to have not submitted an action; you only made 1 post D1 too.  It's not proof, just sus.

Sof... I wonder about, but sof often plays in ways I don't understand or agree with.  Sof could be confused town.

But if I had to pick who to elim in what order, currently my list is:

Max - Oliver - Sof - CM - NJW

And I'm very comfortable with NJW and CM, mostly okay with sof.  Super sus of Max, but I hate mislynches.

But if Max is anti-town, we can't make many mistakes.  If Oliver is, maybe we can make a mistake, and still have a town win.

Anyway, back to trying to be laconic.  It's so hard for me.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2024, 05:19:08 pm »

UNVOTE
What did you do last night and what is your role?
she/her

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2024, 05:20:07 pm »

EBWOP: Sorry, I miseed the post explaining it
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2024, 05:23:13 pm »

But, there's some player name there.  Let's say it's Sof.  Sof is a butler.

Let's say Imp and Qua are scum.

... I'm just gonna tell you that as scum, Imp is going to say, do not claim I'm your town person. That's gonna force a thunderdom between me and your real town person.  You're dead, you're going out, sof's gonna counter claim, and I'm out too, we lose.  Nah, don't.
We can all see that it explicitly says that the real butler doesn't know. There's nothing to counterclaim.

This reminds me of Armed Forces Basic so much. It's possible I'm tunnelling here, sure. But right now, you seem to be spinning wheels.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2024, 05:31:26 pm »

I believe this is the current vote count.

Oliverz144:
Maximum Spin: [1] Imp,
CrystalizedMire:
sofanthiel:
NJW2000:
Imp: [1] Maximum Spin,

I wonder why max doesn't want to claim what he did to me when he targeted me.

If we let him live, I think we MUST get a provable action from him, because I think he targeted NJW for a kill last night, which I prevented.

I know I prevented NJW from dying if he could have been killed, I just don't know if anyone actually tried to kill him.

I think Max lied about targeting me (he did that last game too, he was scum and D2, said he would have killed me N1; in fact he killed Qua N1.  This game I think he targeted NJW N1, and says he targeted me).

Anyway, we should get proof of what Max does, if the collective will of us all is allowing him to still be alive past D2.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2024, 05:36:32 pm »

Quarque: what do you think of Imp's claim that they'll inspect as mafia?
I think it is a pretty good sign. Making a miller claim as mafia is a bold strategy that I can barely imagine Imp doing.
Honestly, this heavily incriminates Imp (oh no, he is also my scumread from other reasons  ;D )
The reason this incriminates Imp is pretty easy in my honest opinion:
As a Mafia, Quarque needs to find low hanging fruit (lhf's) or other possible misslynches and get them lynched, thats what he needs to do. He needs to get us lynched.
And to do that, he needs to find reasons to vote players who he knows are town (because Those who arent on the mafia team are on the enemies team from Quarques POV)
Thus, Quarque was offered a really great possibility to lynch Imp, yet he didnt.  :-\ :o
Why would Quarque do that? The most prominent reason i can see is Imp being a teammate of Quarque... Lets keep looking folks =)
Word of mouth states that if someone claims miller, that player is typically town. What is suspicious is that Quarque didn't like how I pointed out that we should try to find Imp's scumbuddy first if we have any reason to suspect them.
By the way, I never try to kill NJW2000 here as scum, not that you'd believe me until after the game. Which means I'd probably be caught, lol, because I wouldn't account for NJW2000 possibly being a cop who, it should have been obvious, always targets me here, but, since in the current game state you'd have to assume I'm another godfather (why would there even be a cop in that case? Tric may play fast and loose with good game design, but that's too far), I wouldn't have to care about NJW2000 being a cop anyway. But if I were actually scum, the current gamestate would be totally different anyway.
You've been known to take risky moves as scum especially killing the player most actively opposed to you.
So I think Qua thinks they need to find the other anti-town, and doesn't know who or how.

I also think it's Max, but I could be wrong.  But most everything Max is doing supports that.
We don't know if the other anti-town is opposed to mafia or not. In fact, the elimination flavour implies that the real thief is opposed to mafia.
she/her

Oliverz144

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2024, 05:42:07 pm »

I used my ability on Imp during the previous day.

The way I see it, there are - let me copy sofanthiel and do three main possibilities:
  • Imp is scum.
  • oliverz144 is scum and missed the night. But why would Quarque jump in front of a bus for no reason at all to save a partner who isn't playing, with that entirely decent ability set?
  • NJW2000 is scum and did a really great gambit I'm very proud of him for.
wait what
what does this mean
Correct my english! May Christ bless You!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2024, 05:46:20 pm »

I think it would be best if TricMagic explains the "Red Agent" win condition and whether Quarque was teamed. That's not normally considered a secret.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20