Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Author Topic: Mafia Heist: End of the line. Town Win  (Read 11063 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Heist: A short and simple mafia game. (6/7)
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2024, 04:16:38 pm »

Unvote, simply to encourage a possibly pro-town person to calmly think and work.  None of my reads or concerns have changed yet.  I'm very pleased that Oliver is talking, I wonder how Max is doing and when we get the pleasure of his flavor here again.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2024, 04:34:43 pm »

I think that mafia being double godfathers isn't unlikely
My ocular receptors envision three distinct possibilities:
1. Maximized Spine ∈ town and they lived happily ever after! :D
2. NJW is lying; don't believe his lies.
3. We are all trapped within an undisclosed !!BASTARD!!

I find one of the above vastly more plausible than the others, and thus will stick to it unless sufficient evidence presents itself.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2024, 04:41:01 pm »

I used my ability on Imp during the previous day.

The way I see it, there are - let me copy sofanthiel and do three main possibilities:
  • Imp is scum.
  • oliverz144 is scum and missed the night. But why would Quarque jump in front of a bus for no reason at all to save a partner who isn't playing, with that entirely decent ability set?
  • NJW2000 is scum and did a really great gambit I'm very proud of him for.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2024, 04:41:34 pm »

This is cool.

What did you do to me, Max, and why pick me?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2024, 04:43:59 pm »

I also want your reasons for voting me.  Which should be interesting because I usually don't even react to someone thinking I'm sus.

But I want us all to hear every word Max wants to say about it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2024, 04:44:42 pm »

Because you said "I will inspect as mafia." That obligates us to use any other resource to solve your slot.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Heist: A short and simple mafia game. (7/7)
« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2024, 04:45:05 pm »

What did you do to me, Max, and why pick me?
Sofanthiel's probe is antitown
Imp, what did you do yesterday?
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Oliverz144

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2024, 04:45:17 pm »

CrystalizedMire, why did you have to think of Max Jack Knightwing?
this does not incriminate Crystalizedmire

Quarque: what do you think of Imp's claim that they'll inspect as mafia?
I think it is a pretty good sign. Making a miller claim as mafia is a bold strategy that I can barely imagine Imp doing.
Honestly, this heavily incriminates Imp (oh no, he is also my scumread from other reasons  ;D )
The reason this incriminates Imp is pretty easy in my honest opinion:
As a Mafia, Quarque needs to find low hanging fruit (lhf's) or other possible misslynches and get them lynched, thats what he needs to do. He needs to get us lynched.
And to do that, he needs to find reasons to vote players who he knows are town (because Those who arent on the mafia team are on the enemies team from Quarques POV)
Thus, Quarque was offered a really great possibility to lynch Imp, yet he didnt.  :-\ :o
Why would Quarque do that? The most prominent reason i can see is Imp being a teammate of Quarque... Lets keep looking folks =)

Qua:  You've made 2 posts; I'm maybe cool with you skipping my question, but tell us a question I might have asked you that you would answer, and answer that one.

I'm surprised you vote for a not-clearly on this-game-reason, and I'm cool with your answer about my claim, but where's your own scumhunting?  You seem off-game focused and reactive, not really checking anyone out.

Why?
That right there is a more interesting question. You know what mafia CM would think first of all? "I'm going to be caught in two seconds." You know what happened in Max Jack Knightwing?
Someone else might think twice before mentioning historical disasters for the mafia, but blurting stuff out is what scum!CM does.

And then Sofanthiel comments that they really hope this will not be a repeat of that game. What?

I think that if we have any reason to suspect Imp, we should find their scum partner first since if we choose to track Imp, their scum partner will perform the kill instead. Of course, this is assuming mafia isn't just one person.
I'm not changing my vote.

Notice how this bottom part is distancing but isnt... Very strange
I might be tunneled and kinda biased, so i will now throw out and look more "neutral"

Anybody have any kills they wanna claim?
Claiming I don't have a kill.

Imp: have we left RVS?

NJW, me, yes.  I try to play from the start most games anyway.  Us all:

I think you, me, Max, and Qua are playing serious, accounting for style differences, which is essentially out of RVS.

sof, CM, Oliv are more uncontrolled, RVS or anything, they don't have a rudder yet.

i just joined and i will take a look at the other posts here... =)

Oliv, awesome.  It's crazy early, but what do you think about what each of us 6 is trying to do so far?  Is anyone trying to do anything specific that you can tell?

And what stands out so far about each of us?  What have you already noticed about the other players in game with you?

CM, what do you think Qua should do next, if Qua is town?  What Qua should do next, if Qua is scum?

Qua, presuming CM is scum, and we agree to vote CM for today; let's pretend 4 of us say "right, we're ready, that's the vote" - how should we spend the rest of the day?  Should we hammer, if so why; should we try to find a partner, if so, how?

max entrances was very weird, like really really weird... Its very very strange.... I think You get what i am saying?
I have thought a bit, and he and me thougth about full claim and mech solving...
here:
By the way, Imp: I would normally say that Nightless with day-actions is mildly scum-sided, since players will have less information when taking their actions. We can mitigate this slightly with coordination, but there's no salve for the fact that you won't know the lynch flip until the moment your action takes place.

Only DIFFERENCE! i am thinking bout mech solve... he thinks about coordination, ergo something that can be manipulated with and that scum can easily use to make them look good... yeah i saw that imp voted max on the verge of SOD2 and i like it now... HELLO IMP  :D :P :-*

Quarque: how confident are you about the CrystallisedMire vote?
Enough to leave my vote where it is for now. That weird story about Imp I quoted last didn't make it better. The entire interaction with Sofanthiel has been odd, short as it was.

Spin, what RVS question would annoy you the most right now?

on the other hand... is this really scum/ scum behaviour.. ??
I dont know Yall here nor Your usual behavior (also called meta...) so i need to depend a bit on You!

So far it seems like i was pretty voted, but since the pressure votes arent necessary anymore, we need to get this to an end quick =) like vote scum out topday or at max tomorrow =) We have a nice headstart, now we need to build on it =)
Anybody have any kills they wanna claim?
Claiming I don't have a kill.

Imp: have we left RVS?

NJW, me, yes.  I try to play from the start most games anyway.  Us all:

I think you, me, Max, and Qua are playing serious, accounting for style differences, which is essentially out of RVS.

sof, CM, Oliv are more uncontrolled, RVS or anything, they don't have a rudder yet.

i just joined and i will take a look at the other posts here... =)

Oliv, awesome.  It's crazy early, but what do you think about what each of us 6 is trying to do so far?  Is anyone trying to do anything specific that you can tell?

And what stands out so far about each of us?  What have you already noticed about the other players in game with you?

CM, what do you think Qua should do next, if Qua is town?  What Qua should do next, if Qua is scum?

Qua, presuming CM is scum, and we agree to vote CM for today; let's pretend 4 of us say "right, we're ready, that's the vote" - how should we spend the rest of the day?  Should we hammer, if so why; should we try to find a partner, if so, how?

to come back to this
CM i liked so far
NJW is pretty cool-ish
about You (Imp) and max i talked already
And so... ergh
i forgot someone
sofa is more of a grey mouse to me (no offense)

Correct my english! May Christ bless You!

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 20, 2024, 04:46:37 pm »

Dang.  I'm L-1.

Guess I full claim.

In case I'm hammered first, I targeted NJW last night.  My flip will say what I never got time to.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2024, 04:50:13 pm »

Quarque: what do you think of Imp's claim that they'll inspect as mafia?
I think it is a pretty good sign. Making a miller claim as mafia is a bold strategy that I can barely imagine Imp doing.
By the way, I want to zero in on this. This was obviously completely wrong, we all agree, right? We've seen Imp play for the past few games, and I imagine we all know that a few players, including me, have been pushing "always claim miller no matter what" pretty strongly, so it's not like it's something completely out of left field nobody would ever imagine. This clumsy denial is what had me seeing these two together from the start. I've seen less blatant chainsawing when actually cutting firewood.

I got the idea sofanthiel also saw it, right?

Oliverz144

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2024, 04:50:56 pm »

Unvote, simply to encourage a possibly pro-town person to calmly think and work.  None of my reads or concerns have changed yet.  I'm very pleased that Oliver is talking, I wonder how Max is doing and when we get the pleasure of his flavor here again.
thank You <3

Oliverz144

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2024, 04:52:22 pm »

Dang.  I'm L-1.

Guess I full claim.

In case I'm hammered first, I targeted NJW last night.  My flip will say what I never got time to.
nah full fullclaim now or i hammer You
If You are town then You can paraphrase Your role quick enough, as mafia You need to invent it! And that takes time!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Heist: A short and simple mafia game. (7/7)
« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2024, 04:53:04 pm »

my flip will also prove that Imp is town, so you should go ahead and lynch me
I will say this, though: At some point, blatantly chainsawing looks more like buddying to make a town player look bad when you die. Is that something Quarque would do? I don't actually know right now.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2024, 04:54:28 pm »

Now, that sad piece of info, who I targeted, tells anti-town all they need to know, if they're dangerous and acted last night, so I really have no reason not to full claim.

I'm a butler 'of the butlers'.  That makes me think there's likely more than one butler, but I don't know that otherwise.

My flavor makes it clear I have an employer, doesn't tell me anything about who.  Makes it clear I'm absolutely and completely that person's servant.  And that my job includes making sure nothing bad happens to my employer.

I'm also told I am town and win when anti-town are eliminated, through lynch or kill.

I have an auto, if inspected, I appear mafia.  Seems everyone thinks the butler did it.

I have one action, it references 'idle hands do the devil's work' in paraphrase.  It's nifty, I'm basically Toonyman's doctor role from FoU's game, whoever I target cannot be killed that day, though they can still be lynched.

Additionally, if they are framed that is cleansed.  Any status effects they have are removed.

Y'all can lynch me to confirm that, or leave me be to try and earn us another night; or die in someone else's place.

Personally I hope we lynch anti town today, maybe I don't die tonight or tomorrow.

But is it Oliv, maybe.  Sof the really way too concerned about what I did last night, which if mafia tried to kill and couldn't, but thinks I'm involved, might want to know more about?

Or just Max.  Yeah, I think Max.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2024, 04:57:20 pm »

Since I targeted NJW and there was no kill, I'm pretty convinced I didn't stop NJW from killing anyone; maybe stopped someone from killing NJW.

I think a scum max might have wanted NJW dead more than anyone else.

I'm also open to oopsy not-present Oliver.

Sof, my only concern is the complete lack of awareness that maybe I'm very town and have a very pro-town reason not to discuss what I did last night, which I don't think is sof's usual behavior range as town.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20