Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59491 times)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - Who died?
« Reply #2055 on: February 08, 2024, 04:39:43 pm »

Anyways, here is my full claim:
I have a cascade ability which allows to double act but it applies the cascade sphere to all my actions for the night
My Thwart action is a steal that blocks the usage of the item under normal circumstances. With the cascade sphere, it allows the usage of the item if the bearer was already using it or uses it on a random target if the bearer wasn't using it.
My Mimic action uses a random ability on the first target and uses it on the second. With cascade it targets one more random person.
My Curse action applies limitation to the target which causes it to become a one shot. With cascade, the target's ability will cause it's target to get the curse.

CM:
Can you explain how EP's ability targeted two people not EP, this was apparently caused by you N2?

Magic Marker (as a refresher: as a nonfree night action, you rename an item), and my emerald
— Had Toony and FoU join my second chat despite me not performing the (single-target) invite action. Presumably I got Wishboned? This action has a realllllly gnarly downside that both of them should be able to confirm, and which will complicate the NJW situation
Those two are my fault. I stole the sharpie(not magic marker but does the thing you described) from you and I mimiced you without the with my role ability. I don't know where the emerald went.

Your mimic uses WHOSE random ability?  It forces YOUR TARGET to TARGET THEMSELF AND ONE OTHER YOU-CHOOSE PERSON, then cascades TO A SECOND RANDOM PERSON?

If this is what you did, does it explain what happened to EP last night?  EP, your thoughts on if that could work, since apparently this is using an ability you know what is?
I'm saying that I mimiced Elephant Parade who then targets Fallacy and cascaded to a random other person who is Toonyman.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: February 08, 2024, 04:39:56 pm »

Like I said, I dunno. Probably a combination of MS having flipped scum + me having a very strong scumread on another surviving player + him voting MS yesterday and it not feeling like a bus to me

OKay.  I presume FoU's your top scumpick.

Let's say FoU pops pro-town.  Or even anti-town, and game isn't over.

Are you able to explore and prepare for that situation now, so you are better prepared for it should D4 come?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: February 08, 2024, 04:41:52 pm »

I'm saying that I mimiced Elephant Parade who then targets Fallacy and cascaded to a random other person who is Toonyman.

So, is your ability [target, target], and cascade forced EP to use it twice, so we have EP-to-Fal and then EP-to-random (Toony)?

Can your ability trigger another [target, target] ability?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: February 08, 2024, 04:42:19 pm »

Save the Chat Player so you can hunt them later, which wastes 2 days only to find out Jack is town. Come N6 you proceed to murder everyone and win the game.

Elephant isn't inspiring much trust with their answers. Fallacy is an easy lynch.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: February 08, 2024, 04:44:17 pm »

Like I said, I dunno. Probably a combination of MS having flipped scum + me having a very strong scumread on another surviving player + him voting MS yesterday and it not feeling like a bus to me

OKay.  I presume FoU's your top scumpick.

Let's say FoU pops pro-town.  Or even anti-town, and game isn't over.

Are you able to explore and prepare for that situation now, so you are better prepared for it should D4 come?
This is the same question I asked FoU D1 and my answer is "of course." I've been thinking about other players and I don't intend to go the whole day without asking them anything.

Save the Chat Player so you can hunt them later, which wastes 2 days only to find out Jack is town. Come N6 you proceed to murder everyone and win the game.

Elephant isn't inspiring much trust with their answers. Fallacy is an easy lynch.
I explicitly said I think your chat scumbuddy theory is stupid, so I wouldn't be able to do that.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: February 08, 2024, 05:02:08 pm »

The accusations and recriminations began to stack up, but no sooner are they made than they are unmade. No one wants to commit. Could they all be hiding something?

Vote Count — Day 2
- Crystalizedmire -
- Elephant Parade -
- Euchrejack -
- FallacyofUrist -   Elephant Parade
- Imp -
- NJW2000 -
- Toonyman -
- TricMagic - 
- No Elimination

Current Elimination: FallacyofUrist

Hammer at 5 votes. Day ends 12th February 11pm GMT.

Let me know if I missed anything.

Trades

Imp: Trade Arthur Conan Doyle's Magnifying Glass for Purple Chaos Emerald
Fallacy: Trade Purple Chaos Emerald for Arthur Conan Doyle's Magnifying Glass

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: February 08, 2024, 05:07:29 pm »

So, is your ability [target, target], and cascade forced EP to use it twice, so we have EP-to-Fal and then EP-to-random (Toony)?

Can your ability trigger another [target, target] ability?
Yes and yes
she/her

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - Fear of Commitment
« Reply #2062 on: February 08, 2024, 05:17:15 pm »

After thinking about it, the easiest answer for why there wasn't a kill last Night, nor even any evidence at an attempt at one, is just that we're out of scum and there's some anti-town third party remaining. For the time being I'll go ahead on that theory, since three scum (or two teams of two) in a twelve-player game, where there is also a third party player already confirmed to exist, would be a bit weighted against the town. I think one neutral third party, one SK, two scum, and eight town is more plausible.

Covering some bases, because the fact that Spin didn't flip with a dupe bothers me.

notquitethere: Is it possible for a role flip to have missing or altered information?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: February 08, 2024, 05:22:29 pm »

Yes and yes

Okay.

For the love of things pro townie, confirming I ask you to please not mimic me, especially not with cascade.  I can probably handle it; there is the chance it messes with NJW's sanctum.  Let's not do that.

Additionally, please don't mimic anyone with cascade, and think deeply before you thwart anyone with cascade because of the chance to involve NJW.  We can elim him if we feel needed; let's give him the 'don't target me if you're townie' defense for now though, unless/until he gives more info that says other.  Unless you disagree; feel free to discuss.  I'd prefer you saying 'I'll do it anyway if I see fit!  I don't think it's anti-town, or I think the odds of it going badly are so low it should be done because the odds it works great are so much bigger!' or whatever your reasoning is.

As of this second, I think it's loose-cannon-reckless to even potentially target NJW especially with a CM-going-for-imp-using-cascading-mimic, because it could force a target of NJW that might move items.  That said, I'll work on Xanatosing it, and I'll find whatever counters and better odds if happens that I can.

If you think you need to target me with your thwart or your curse, go for it; a cascading curse on me is probably not very townie either though, but I can probably control a cascading thwart okay.  I still don't encourage you to target me with your steal, but if you choose, it won't rebound into NJW for sure or kill anyone, though it might not delight you with the result.

We seem to have EP getting his 'kill EP' items tonight, at least one of them if the bearer doesn't leave play.

CM, how cool are you with not thwarting or mimicking EP tonight?

Also, why'd you target EP for both those actions N2?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: February 08, 2024, 05:26:49 pm »

Covering some bases, because the fact that Spin didn't flip with a dupe bothers me.

FoU, love this.  You're the one that knows the whole of your role, and your targeting and all.  I think you should chase this as best you can, in private or public.

I swear I would be checking, even if I have to go up to 1.1 million questions DMed to the mod this game alone to get all my questions asked.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: February 08, 2024, 05:40:41 pm »

... A question to Toony, and Fallacy. Are those chats mod-confirmed, alignment wise?
No. We're not masons or anything. We just share chats.

Anyway, how's this for commitment eeehh??

FoU

After thinking about it, the easiest answer for why there wasn't a kill last Night, nor even any evidence at an attempt at one, is just that we're out of scum and there's some anti-town third party remaining. For the time being I'll go ahead on that theory, since three scum (or two teams of two) in a twelve-player game, where there is also a third party player already confirmed to exist, would be a bit weighted against the town. I think one neutral third party, one SK, two scum, and eight town is more plausible.
I agree with this assessment if you are town.

Who do you think is SK?

If you could organize thoughts from most to least likely in your opinion that would be even better.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: February 08, 2024, 05:46:02 pm »

I'm gonna go for Jack. Come on out of hiding and defend yourself.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: February 08, 2024, 06:25:41 pm »

Haven't entirely caught up on mechanical developments.

Unending apples would be nice but I'd settle for any apples at all, or just not talking about it if it's anti-town to discuss.

Not sure if we should be using associative tells only, but would consider possibility of scum unattached to Max/Web - 7 town vs 2 mafia vs 2 mafia is just plausible, 8 town vs 2 mafia vs 1 SK is very plausible, though the lack of nightkills N1 would be odd in either case...

Reads briefly:

FoU looks very dubious after a lot of talking and not saying very much yesterday - seemed to be preparing a case on me that just petered out into "nah, that was a pressure vote".

Toony looks... better, though maybe I'm just happy he defended me.

EP is a distant possibility as scum, and not someone to underestimate. He could be accused of being in the Max-Web block D1, though I can see his actions then as consistent with his town-play.

Not confident enough to put a vote down yet.
One wheel short of a wagon

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: February 08, 2024, 07:12:37 pm »

Yes and yes

Okay.

For the love of things pro townie, confirming I ask you to please not mimic me, especially not with cascade.  I can probably handle it; there is the chance it messes with NJW's sanctum.  Let's not do that.

Additionally, please don't mimic anyone with cascade, and think deeply before you thwart anyone with cascade because of the chance to involve NJW.  We can elim him if we feel needed; let's give him the 'don't target me if you're townie' defense for now though, unless/until he gives more info that says other.  Unless you disagree; feel free to discuss.  I'd prefer you saying 'I'll do it anyway if I see fit!  I don't think it's anti-town, or I think the odds of it going badly are so low it should be done because the odds it works great are so much bigger!' or whatever your reasoning is.

As of this second, I think it's loose-cannon-reckless to even potentially target NJW especially with a CM-going-for-imp-using-cascading-mimic, because it could force a target of NJW that might move items.  That said, I'll work on Xanatosing it, and I'll find whatever counters and better odds if happens that I can.

If you think you need to target me with your thwart or your curse, go for it; a cascading curse on me is probably not very townie either though, but I can probably control a cascading thwart okay.  I still don't encourage you to target me with your steal, but if you choose, it won't rebound into NJW for sure or kill anyone, though it might not delight you with the result.

We seem to have EP getting his 'kill EP' items tonight, at least one of them if the bearer doesn't leave play.

CM, how cool are you with not thwarting or mimicking EP tonight?

Also, why'd you target EP for both those actions N2?
I am completely cool with not intentionally targeting you or NJW with mimic. I will also not be stealing tonight. I'm completely cool with your orders. I targeted Elephant Parade with both of the actions because I know Elephant Parade has items and I'm suspicious of them now that Maximum Spin is dead. I haven't thought about Elephant Parade since.
she/her

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: February 08, 2024, 07:22:10 pm »

Could you post your reads?
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 153