Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59515 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - Who died?
« Reply #2040 on: February 08, 2024, 02:57:37 pm »

There was a pregame conversation about (Chat), so I don't think Max joking about it means anything.
That's weird, I thought you were my lil' Masonbuddy, but what do I know?
I have all kinds of mason chats beyond your imagining.

I'm even masons with Jim and he's not in this game.
Page 6. I'm sure it can't mean anything right? Not like web and max were in an alignment confirmed chat.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: February 08, 2024, 03:00:07 pm »

There was a pregame conversation about (Chat), so I don't think Max joking about it means anything.

Page 6. I'm sure it can't mean anything right? Not like web and max were in an alignment confirmed chat.

If we play that game, also page 6:

Jeez, Fallacy, you can just tell me that kind of stuff in masonchat.

I'd rather use actual evidence from the person (pure reading) than weird lines between other players that may or may not mean 'this person is also scum'.  That said, if that's evidence you believe, what do you read about the comment on FoU from about the same time?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: February 08, 2024, 03:02:06 pm »

OK, so now there are two other plausible reasons for Max to have been joking about chats, not one. Actually three, since masonchats seem to be a running gag among the vets.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: February 08, 2024, 03:07:24 pm »

This is more an argument that became the joke. I personally don't believe we'd hit mafia voting out Fallacy. They would likely have been tossed under the bus to save their partners given their energy this game.

Elephant has been off the radar or me this whole game. Nothing really stands out. Just bits and pieces. And their vote patterns also show a detachment from the hunt. It's why I think it's an SK that's been playing as town.

Another option is the mythical Toony/Max/Webadict scumteam. But Toony gives out emeralds which are most certainly fakes.

... A question to Toony, and Fallacy. Are those chats mod-confirmed, alignment wise?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: February 08, 2024, 03:13:43 pm »

Why would SK!me have been so aggressive at D1 lynch? Furthermore, why would I have intentionally tried to eliminate two relative newbies over a strong vet, who I should have been worried about regardless of their alignment?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: February 08, 2024, 03:25:25 pm »

This is more an argument that became the joke. I personally don't believe we'd hit mafia voting out Fallacy. They would likely have been tossed under the bus to save their partners given their energy this game.

I don't know Fal is maf, but maf (both web and Max) preferred to elim CM and/or sof D1, than Fal.  I don't think they could have set up a reasonable Fal-elim D1, they were workin' on Sof/CM too hard, and a few other targets, like me for web at some points.  But neither Max nor Web ever did more than gently encourage FoU (then again I too deeply thank Max for not being horrible to me either).

The most of a 'wagon' FoU ever got was D1 when both NJW and Toons voted them; at a time when a lot of folks had 2 votes.  Max and Web didn't want FoU, but they didn't want a lot of people, and I don't get any reason to expect they'd bus FoU, they were working on Sof/CM mostly.

D2, Max doesn't choose to start a wagon except for no lynch.  The only people who don't vote Max are Imp, EP, Max, and FoU.

Tric, your logic, observations, claims, and such... they don't jive well for me.  You don't seem to be making the kind of sense you made when I knew you were town in Max's Supernormal.

There, you made sense to me.  By D3, you had earned my trust, I was ready to call you extremely high town probability.

Here, it's like you have no idea what is going on, way out there interpretations, observations I don't see.  I swear, this is you this game... and we're playing Mafia, not WoW, so... "Living in an alternate reality" really isn't the best look.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltM5jHIJFw4

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D1 Panics and Schemes
« Reply #2046 on: February 08, 2024, 03:32:02 pm »

Why would SK!me have been so aggressive at D1 lynch? Furthermore, why would I have intentionally tried to eliminate two relative newbies over a strong vet, who I should have been worried about regardless of their alignment?
Web would have to be a level 3 galaxy brain to be scum here. You don't park your vote on your own wagon and go to bed on a double-lynch day
I wouldn't call your votes aggressive. More the safe option. Cause you haven't really been aggressive.

I believe this is the current votecount:

Vote Count — Day 1
- Crystalizedmire - [2] Elephant Parade,
- Elephant Parade
- Euchrejack -
- FallacyofUrist -   
- Imp -
- Quarque -
- Maximum Spin - [2] Quarque, NJW2000
- NJW2000 -
- Sofanthiel - [4] TricMagic, Toonyman, Euchrejack, webadict,
- Toonyman - [1] FallacyofUrist,
- TricMagic -
- Webadict - [4] Imp, Crystalizedmire, Sofanthiel, Maximum Spin,
- No Elimination

Current Eliminations: sofanthiel, webadict,
So, of the two, who do you ensure gets lynched? Neither.

... Sighs. If it is a 3 person team, this previous vote also is damning.
I believe this is the current votecount:

Vote Count — Day 1
- Crystalizedmire - [3] webadict, Maximum Spin,  Elephant Parade,
- Elephant Parade
- Euchrejack -
- FallacyofUrist -   
- Imp -
- Quarque -
- Maximum Spin - [2] Quarque, NJW2000
- NJW2000 -
- Sofanthiel - [3] TricMagic, Toonyman, Elephant Parade, Euchrejack
- Toonyman - [1] FallacyofUrist,
- TricMagic -
- Webadict - [3] Imp, Crystalizedmire, Sofanthiel
- No Elimination

Current Possible Eliminations: sofanthiel, webadict, Crystalizedmire
Your primary targets day 1 were: Imp during the early days > Sofanthiel during midgame > Crystal during the round down. Surprise Surprise, double lynch is extremely hard to shift around.
... Imp this vote count was off in name.
If Imp is a nonstarter, then I'm going to vote Crystallizedmire for going quiet again. I read webadict as solidly town right now.

In other news, where's FoU? I'm unclear on where their current reads are at, but earlier they said their preferred picks were Quarque, Toony, Crystal, and Max. They came in a couple hours ago to drop a treatise on Toony and then dipped. Toony isn't on to respond and is a longshot lynch, OK. But if they still prefer CM (and/or webadict as of the Toony post) over others, shouldn't they be agitating for that, or at least getting in on the questioning? I want to hear from them.
Previous vote, striking the extra.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: February 08, 2024, 03:36:02 pm »

K Imp, I'll step back a bit an ask Elephant 2 questions.

On day 1, who were the ones you hunted?
On day 2, who were the ones you hunted?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: February 08, 2024, 03:40:28 pm »

Yeah.  Not trying to get you to stop.  Continue.  Wondering the heck why several things haven't made sense.  Don't know that there's an answer.  Please do continue, it helps us all read us all.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: February 08, 2024, 03:46:59 pm »

-snip-
I reject your narrative. There was an obvious safe option at the end of D1, and it was to vote Sofanthiel. In instead voting CM, I inserted myself into a conflict that I had the option of staying out of.

D1, I was pretty spread out, because it's D1. Skimming my post history, I see posts addressed at most people. Toward the end of the day, I went for sofanthiel and CM because I found them scummy.

D2, I accept that my play looks pretty strange. I thought I was likely to be a lot of people's top scumpick, so I played defensively. I didn't go after my initial scumreads (Max, Toony, and EJ) because they weren't posting all that much, what they did post didn't give me any leads until near the end, and I didn't feel like trawling D1 for leads because I was getting frustrated with the game. I poked at CM a bit, not because I particularly scumread her but because she was barely engaging with the non-mechanical side of the game, nobody else was making her, and not going after me at all despite voting me seemed really wack. I asked some questions of Max near the end of the day, but their lynch was basically a done deal at that point.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: February 08, 2024, 03:56:30 pm »

What changed about EJ to make them not a potential scumpick today?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: February 08, 2024, 03:57:39 pm »

Also, voting Sof would be throwing away any chance of webadict getting out alive, given you went to bed. Max was still around end of day.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: February 08, 2024, 04:00:20 pm »

What changed about EJ to make them not a potential scumpick today?
I dunno. FoU is really scummy and I've mellowed on EJ. Toonyman, a strong townread for me right now, thinks he's town. I don't like how quiet he's been today, but we're less than 24 hours into the day and I could say the same for NJW.

Also, voting Sof would be throwing away any chance of webadict getting out alive, given you went to bed. Max was still around end of day.
I thought you were accusing me of being a serial killer, not a mafioso?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: February 08, 2024, 04:15:15 pm »

I've mellowed on EJ.

What led to the mellowing?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: February 08, 2024, 04:18:31 pm »

I've mellowed on EJ.

What led to the mellowing?
Like I said, I dunno. Probably a combination of MS having flipped scum + me having a very strong scumread on another surviving player + him voting MS yesterday and it not feeling like a bus to me
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 153