Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59280 times)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - Who died?
« Reply #2010 on: February 08, 2024, 11:49:18 am »

I'm pretty sure Maximum Spin and Fallacy are not a team otherwise they wouldn't have talked about removing a sphere from game d1.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: February 08, 2024, 11:53:42 am »

I actually kinda think Tric should potentially trade that rifle to NJW, for NJW to have the option to plink away at Toons.

I know of one Page I never want to see moved, unless NJW explains why it should.  My ears are open, if that happens.  One way to help ensure it never moves without NJW choosing to move it is for NJW to have a lot of items, so even if somehow a thief, non-targeted item exchange, my movement of items, or other 'lose some stuff' weirdness happens, - it's more likely to move one of NJW's other many items, not the Page.

Also, we now know that if NJW had moved the Page before getting rid of that valuable item, he's still have it, we'd just have two Pages.  So if he's anti-town trying to get rid of a hot potato, that was a problem.  He's probably not anti-town, but I can still see reasons why he's playing the seriously down low innocent.  If so, this solves very late game, when we decide who's the last to get elimed out, and hopefully our remaining anti-town are detectable, even already detected if not certain.

If I get the airsoft before NJW does, it becomes free for anyone to use.  if I then trade it to him, he can free-levelup off Toony and do whatever else he can do with his unknown night action(s).

If we just trade the airsoft to NJW as is, it costs him an action to use to get an extra 'safe to lose if non-targeted theft comes' item per night, unless and until someone else makes it free to use.

But it has no spheres.  It would need special targeting to become free; FoU's method can't work.  Or special handling - Right now everything I personally control becomes free.

So we can keep it requiring an action to use if we want, and I'm never knowingly allowing any targeting of NJW unless stuff goes insane and that looks town to me to allow, cause, knowingly trigger.

We haven't heard much from NJW, and he said maybe we discuss protection later.  If so he leads that discussion, I don't know what he 'needs'.  But NJW, if your plan involves there being 2 Pages and someone with an unending stream of apples - I know a reason why that can't work.  It's not pro-town for me to say why.  Other things may be possible, but if that's the core of the otherwise looks great plan - sorry, not possible as far as I know for reasons that are not pro-town for me to state.

We can still discuss if you see good reason, I'll discuss everything that isn't for sure anti-town to discuss.  I'll explain why I think pro-town reasons are pro town, for you all to discuss.  But just like only you know how your defenses work, and that's pro town - trust me on the 'actually apple trick+ doubled page is a fail if we want to ensure first and second kills/nightkills are controlled'.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: February 08, 2024, 11:58:22 am »

Anyways, here is my full claim:
I have a cascade ability which allows to double act but it applies the cascade sphere to all my actions for the night
My Thwart action is a steal that blocks the usage of the item under normal circumstances. With the cascade sphere, it allows the usage of the item if the bearer was already using it or uses it on a random target if the bearer wasn't using it.
My Mimic action uses a random ability on the first target and uses it on the second. With cascade it targets one more random person.
My Curse action applies limitation to the target which causes it to become a one shot. With cascade, the target's ability will cause it's target to get the curse.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: February 08, 2024, 12:08:06 pm »

To me the greatest mystery in the game and the biggest problem is Where did Max's Supposed Sketch #2 Go?

He even said he had it.  That doesn't mean much, but he and FoU collaborated on the idea that FoU targeted overpowered.  He supported that he was dupped, something impossible to prove without flipping him, so if they're both scum they're both lying, and the problem is there's no Sketch #2.

If that's true that FoU targeted overpowered (and it doesn't have to be true) then that copy was made for Max, I see nothing in Max's flip or the duplicate itself that would exclude Max's not-mafia-kill ability from getting dupped.

But I can also see this:

FoU is innocent, and did target overpowered.  Max did get the copy, but scum team knew Max was dying today.

1) This requires Scum team to have someone who has a day ability to steal ability(s), possibly by needing to know the ability(s)' exact name.  And that happened D2 before Max could die.

2) This requires someone else of any not Mafia alignment to have a day ability to steal ability(s), probably without needing to know the ability(s)' exact name.  And that happened D2 before Max could die.  (can the ability be changed further, or is this thing floating around as-is?)

I think someone has an overpowered ability they took from Max, or FoU is mafia and never dupped overpowered, instead dupped something else, they tried a trick/trap/con to try and find a sphere to safely target to kill non-mafia, and hopefully especially me (Maybe I look scary to scum this game).

Toons, if game goes to N3, I kinda think counting overpowered is wise.  Not knowing where it is sucks.  But... If nobody's lying/hiding, as far as I know:

FoU and I have overpowered (Since I took the bait, that's a given from yesterday, I agree I have dup and it goes where it works; it worked on me).  If FoU's scum, FoU knows what was actually duplicated and knows I have that too - and this explains why Max, who has overpowered, doesn't have a dup.  But that means no wandering Sketch #2 is floating around giving someone else an overpowered ability to be counted.

Dead Max and web have overpowered, shouldn't affect them, hope they stay dead, I got nothing right now that can res.

Shouldn't be any other overpowered in the game, right?  Or they hid yesterday, didn't claim (possible pro-town reasons) but probably didn't also day-steal Max's Sketch #2 D2 (has to be D2.  It was gained start of D2, Dup is specific about that.  If Max's #2 moved, it moved on D2, before his flip.)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: February 08, 2024, 12:10:57 pm »

I forgot.  FoU wouldn't have overpowered ability unless it's an overpowered auto or something, if all FoU's claims are true.  Dup moved, accelerate #1 and #2 moved.  FoU, willing to say if 'locate abilities with tag overpowered would even ping for you now?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: February 08, 2024, 12:15:04 pm »

Anyways, here is my full claim:
I have a cascade ability which allows to double act but it applies the cascade sphere to all my actions for the night
My Thwart action is a steal that blocks the usage of the item under normal circumstances. With the cascade sphere, it allows the usage of the item if the bearer was already using it or uses it on a random target if the bearer wasn't using it.
My Mimic action uses a random ability on the first target and uses it on the second. With cascade it targets one more random person.
My Curse action applies limitation to the target which causes it to become a one shot. With cascade, the target's ability will cause it's target to get the curse.

CM:
Can you explain how EP's ability targeted two people not EP, this was apparently caused by you N2?

Magic Marker (as a refresher: as a nonfree night action, you rename an item), and my emerald
— Had Toony and FoU join my second chat despite me not performing the (single-target) invite action. Presumably I got Wishboned? This action has a realllllly gnarly downside that both of them should be able to confirm, and which will complicate the NJW situation
Those two are my fault. I stole the sharpie(not magic marker but does the thing you described) from you and I mimiced you without the with my role ability. I don't know where the emerald went.

Your mimic uses WHOSE random ability?  It forces YOUR TARGET to TARGET THEMSELF AND ONE OTHER YOU-CHOOSE PERSON, then cascades TO A SECOND RANDOM PERSON?

If this is what you did, does it explain what happened to EP last night?  EP, your thoughts on if that could work, since apparently this is using an ability you know what is?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: February 08, 2024, 12:17:39 pm »

CM's explanation makes perfect sense to me. Her Mimic [t1, t2] action uses a random ability of [t1] on [t2]. If she double-acts, [t1]'s action is additionally used on a random other player.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: February 08, 2024, 12:20:33 pm »

CM's explanation makes perfect sense to me. Her Mimic [t1, t2] action uses a random ability of [t1] on [t2]. If she double-acts, [t1]'s action is additionally used on a random other player.

perfect.  CM, if this is true, please never target me with mimic.  There's a 1/total_players chance that gets items on NJW moving.  Low odds, but why risk it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: February 08, 2024, 12:24:20 pm »

CM, maybe don't risk cascading mimic either at all?  Because you can force anyone to target NJW, and NJW says that's so not recommended when I asked D1 about if I could send non-kill actions from someone into NJW, NJW had a vote-strong 'this is not open to discussion' response.  Until NJW says 'More info' I support that nobody should touch or permit to be touched NJW except through trades, which already require NJW's consent.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: February 08, 2024, 12:29:19 pm »

Also, this probably goes without saying, but don't use your cascading steal on Fallacy or Toony unless you want to risk stabbing me/NJW.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: February 08, 2024, 12:49:09 pm »

Is anyone willing/able to trade Arthur Conan Doyle's Magnifying Glass for any other non-Page item?  This will place two in play, one in my hands and one in the other person's hands.  Both will be free use.

My night plans are pretty much unchanged regardless of if this trade happens, but having 2 glasses in the world seems good to me in case there's another night death, makes it harder to remove both glasses from the game at once.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: February 08, 2024, 12:50:49 pm »

I would but I have no items because people stole them all :'(

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: February 08, 2024, 12:54:34 pm »

I would but I have no items because people stole them all :'(

I am sorry.  Depending on how things go, it's too soon for me to know, but getting items back into your hands is a priority.  Tric confirms the airsoft rifle, at least (whew!)  Also I don't want the items you created, but that's because of your concerns.  They're perfectly reasonable, but I'd only take that trade on your consent.  There's still many emeralds in play, there's wishbones, the family jewels, and stuff I don't even know about.

Get this, there's a whole other artifact that nobody's said a word about (that's NAI without knowing what the artifact does and why they're silent) that my starting info says is dangerous.  Now, it doesn't say dangerous to who.  Could be dangerous to scum and in the correct hands currently for pro-town purpose, not a word said!  I'm not worried about it, but I'm sure items are coming back to you, EP, if we live long enough.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: February 08, 2024, 12:55:55 pm »

Also, I just asked NQT a question about the Ritual Knife and he clarified something: its effect is specifically killing me. It can be redirected, but even if it is, it'll kill me, not the new target. So you can use the knives to kill me, albeit at the risk of wasting the Page's one proc for the night.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: February 08, 2024, 01:06:30 pm »

I'll just give the Knife to EP during the Night. I've got nothing better to do.

As for trading, I guess I could trade my chaos emerald for a Glass? But I understand if ToonyMan doesn't want any items in my hands, so I probably won't make that trade unless it looks like I won't be executed today.

I forgot.  FoU wouldn't have overpowered ability unless it's an overpowered auto or something, if all FoU's claims are true.  Dup moved, accelerate #1 and #2 moved.  FoU, willing to say if 'locate abilities with tag overpowered would even ping for you now?

Yeah, I don't have any Overpowered abilities left.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 153