Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 46097 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - Who died?
« Reply #1980 on: February 07, 2024, 11:54:56 pm »

Good grief, your role does a lot.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: February 08, 2024, 12:05:59 am »

My current thoughts on objects like Page, EP's chat death items - I go by the will of most of you.  If those things fall into my hands, we need to discuss, and I'll trade or give them as desired, or remove from play if that's desired.  My voice doesn't matter to me in those decisions.  If I think something's gonna hurt town, I'm gonna say why, then do what you guys want done.

As far as the Page goes, I'm committed to ensuring I never risk moving items from NJW.  I'm also cool with NJW getting extra 'doesn't matter' items, which for me at least help ensure if I'm somehow forced to target NJW, I'm not as likely to move that Page.  I'm trying to be extra safe not to target NJW, and I presume anyone trying to guide me into NJW also has to target NJW or randomize me totally, so the odds seem pretty good.

Why take the risk at all and move items?  I can do pro-town things in the process, though I need to get lucky and/or have the right conditions.  Working on those conditions.  My moving items actually can do vastly more than just move items, and it's likely to be pretty pro-town.  I'm possibly the 'gave nqt a headache' player.

The fact that the airsoft rifle maybe didn't reach Tric tells me a lot about how hard to predict I may need to be to do this safer.  I did set up the hint that I was doing something special and cool with Tric getting stuff from me, likely N2.  If that's not a mod error, I know to be a lot harder to predict.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: February 08, 2024, 12:26:37 am »

And trying to think through all the lines and pressures.

Somehow I gained an item last night that causes anything I give or trade to become duplicated.

I also gained the expected two items that EP said EP lost, so I don't think I took it from EP.

As far as me and the EP-items go, I have a way to 'give' that is not named give.  And not because I changed the name.

I mentioned trade, but I wasn't thinking about that newly given/gained item when I said that.  If I trade those items, while I have this other thing, they'd duplicate.  So I should not trade them, but I can use the 'not called give' way to give them, which should not trigger this duplicating item that triggers on give or trade.

I do not know if I can take that item out of play AND use it when I choose but not when I don't - because it has an auto on it; it's an 'auto item'.  I can control that with most items.  If I can control this so well, I can safely trade things that are dangerous to duplicate, because I wouldn't allow it to dup them, but there's really nearly no way to prove that and it may not work that way for me, or that perfectly, it's a weird item.  I'll be asking nqt.

I didn't ask to be 'too powerful to be allowed to live'.  I'm sorry I am terrifying.  But what I know about what I can and could do, is why I was so scared of scum and so insistant we don't have time to let them grow.

I am committed to pro-town everything.  I'm shockingly powerful; I haven't even close to full claimed.  But it's all fluff, without extreme luck.  I can't go find or kill the scum, as is.  The item that NJW traded to me that I took out of play last night, it uses 'bullets'.  The more it has, the harder it has to use.  I've mentioned I can reload shots - that's adding more.  I believe I can just put more and more bullets in the darn thing, making it safer for the target should anyone ever use it (not my intention that it ever gets used).  I have a lot of stuff to do that has nothing to do with finding scum, and I'd love to see what this game might be like if we made it to N20 (random number, 19 would be great, 10 would be great, last night was great).

Hopefully, if we lose control over the Page or the Page is a trick/lie, scum will be so scared of course they take me out, and I can offer that 'protection' to the rest of you.  I hope no pro-town is that convinced I gotta die.  I'm just... 'overpowered', apparently I got the full pile of sticks, and I have no idea why you guys got so little.

Starting tonight, if I live to tonight, I'll add 2 new artefacts to the game, going to someone not-me.  No idea what they do, if they're good or not.  If you don't want this done, talk.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: February 08, 2024, 12:32:51 am »

But, I think it's awesome if anyone will trade me for the magnifying glass (Which is currently a [free] item, and will stay free until someone changes that), which would create a copy I still have for tonight, and also I'd like to trade the emerald I have, which would create a copy I'd still have.

I'd like to use the glass copy I have tonight to help confirm qua (I believe, but it will be a free action, so why not use it), and then keep it.  I 'unlock fully' if I have the right number (or more) of artefacts removed from play.  I'm below my ideal number.  One thing I can do is trade out bad items to bring good items back into play, as well as use those items myself.

However, this is all fluff.  Elim anti-town is the only way to win.  But if we choose to do this on the side, it's fun, distracting, and I can empower you guys more as I unlock.  Really hope someone confirms they have that airsoft rifle, it's not free but at least it's evidence I'm trying to move items back out to you guys.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: February 08, 2024, 03:58:27 am »

We're aware of every Kill sphere in play, so there's nobody hiding a kill sphere.

I don't know about all the Limitation spheres though.

Except Mafia/SK kills. Their kill is explicitly excluded from your search. We only know about the Kills that players took. We're also unsure to what degree items were generated by player's chosen spheres, although it's entirely possible that only Tric & I picked Kill.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: February 08, 2024, 04:00:18 am »

Based on the names of some of the items, I believe one or more may contain the [Kill] and [Dud] spheres. Like the Airsoft Rifle?
There is also the risk that someone with item modification abilities could remove the [Dud], making it into a Real Rifle, for example.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: February 08, 2024, 04:04:44 am »

Honestly, the only person whom I really wanted to hear from has not posted yet: NJW

My hypothesis: Mafia/SK didn't kill. As I mentioned in Jackchat to Toonyman, I think no-kill was the optimal strategy with the amount of self-protect/retribution that NJW was claiming.  Which kinda clears Fallacy, as I doubt Fallacy is clever enough to No-Kill...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: February 08, 2024, 04:06:22 am »

For what it's worth, the fact that almost half the players can now kill Elephant Parade means there is little use in lynching Elephant Parade today.
I assume my fellow Elephant Carvers Toonyman & Fallacy agree?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: February 08, 2024, 06:58:32 am »

Based on the names of some of the items, I believe one or more may contain the [Kill] and [Dud] spheres. Like the Airsoft Rifle?
There is also the risk that someone with item modification abilities could remove the [Dud], making it into a Real Rifle, for example.

I've seen the item.  Airsoft rifle has no spheres on it, just [item].  It can [target].  I mean, conceptually that's 'dud', sure, but has no spheres on it.  It is exactly what EP claimed it was.

It's not useless; of what we already know has been claimed by the whole class, it can be used to 'farm' chaos emeralds by plinking away at Toons.  Toons can likely combine it with another item, which might result in a more useful or more easily used single item.

However, the six-shooter has kill on it, yes, as was discussed D2.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: February 08, 2024, 06:59:54 am »

For what it's worth, the fact that almost half the players can now kill Elephant Parade means there is little use in lynching Elephant Parade today.
I assume my fellow Elephant Carvers Toonyman & Fallacy agree?

EP is also high on my probably town list.

Most of us have to be town, for that matter.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: February 08, 2024, 07:06:19 am »

Red Sphere: Limitation - five abilities, one item

I confirm I have an item with limitation on it in my control.  I think it should remain limited.  This item cannot confirm if Toons can detect items I already have out of play, like the item with kill on it, it was also moving out of play N2, so Toons either detected both spheres for reasons I know or detected neither (if neither, we're talking about 1 or 2 items I don't know exist).

Toons, if you repeat the check for limitation, that might be informative to tell if you can tell if I have items out of play, but there's perhaps other factors involved there, like new items coming into play if that's done.  However, I intend to keep that limited item (and that kill item) out of play, I have no reason I can imagine to bring them back into use, neither of those spheres... whatever item or items I control now that have them, is useful for pro-town purpose out in play.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: February 08, 2024, 07:26:45 am »

I have answers from the mod.

So, if I take the 'auto item' that dups items that are traded or given out of play, I have my normal control over it.  So I can 'turn it on or off', probably per phase, though I didn't chew through the questions that intense, but it probably means I dup everything I give or trade that phase, or nothing.

I just got it, it's currently 'in play'.  Great, I won't trade or give or 'give' anything that I think is anti-town to dup.

However... nqt tells me that my 'give with a different name', while it has a different name from the start of play - unfortunately is a 'give' for that 'auto item dupper' purposes.  Meaning if I get something I do not want to duplicate but do want to trade or give or 'give' - I must move that 'auto item dupper' first, either out of play, or to another player.

Any of these things are potentially possible for me to do, all in the same phase.  I do have limits, they're pretty broad and flexible except I don't currently have a great way to find and elim anti-town, probably part of why I can do so much - little to none of it without cooperation and/or assistance.  I designed my role around the concept of 'empowering others, be they anyone, though of course I try to only help my allies'.  Apparently nqt said, 'alright, you fool.  Altruism isn't gonna save you; if you want to help them, you help yourself first.  Get your own gas mask on, the plane's in trouble'.  I can breathe, yay.  Outflowing help coming soon, unless we agree nope, don't.

I don't expect to get a way to take out anti-town, I think I'm GOAT JOAT aka Robin Hood as Secret Santa aka whatever my real role name is (it's not Cthulhu of the 13 spheres and 25 actions either, but that's what I was/am scared anti-town can be.)  But I don't think my night play is directly key or core to eliminating anti-town.  I'm the game's biggest distraction, trying to not be too distracting, except as I reveal that I can do this shuffle of stuff, especially in and out of play I think it is gonna look terrifying; I'd rather openly shock and awe you all when we can discuss if anyone wants.

But I will be shuffling stuff unless I have a great reason not to, and I'm trying to do Kansas City Shuffle on anti-town, which I have some chances to do, as well as performing many other pro-town functions.

Oh, and nqt also confirms it is correct that I do not have the airsoft rifle, it successfully left my control as I intended.  Now, where it is, that's for someone else to reveal or not.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: February 08, 2024, 08:12:36 am »

I believe FoU is scum because I think their case on me D1 and their case on NJW D2 came from a place of malice as opposed to cluelessness. I also want to believe my D1 vote of FoU was correct all along. I believe it's very unlikely any other player is mafia, so I would need to be convinced that another player is more likely to be scum than FoU at this point.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: February 08, 2024, 08:14:46 am »

Work is annoying today. Caught up on some of the thread, can do more later.

Gave Imp a very valuable item for my night action, should be confimable.

Glad nobody died. Might be time to go through how the protection works, let me check if there have been any claims suggesting that would be a bad idea.
One wheel short of a wagon

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: February 08, 2024, 08:21:33 am »

... NQT just got me my night report, did receive it. So Elephant.. Wait no, just Jack that's sorta off the hook, Elephant is still fair game.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 153