Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58077 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D2 Rotten Apples
« Reply #1815 on: February 06, 2024, 03:08:39 pm »

However, this portion:

"It's also only useful if the ability is already limited in some way, such as being shotted, so that having a second one would actually extend it."

Is incorrect.  IT does not need to be limited in some way to work.  The created copy itself will be limited, shotted with 1 initial shot (refillable, could probably hold more than 1 shot, all the shot stuff applies to the copy only.)  The original... doesn't matter.  My original is unchanged.  My copy, has those limitations.  I guess whatever Max got that was doubled has some kind of 'limitation' for whatever it's worth.  But the dup ability doesn't force a limitation to be involved on the original.  Just needs a sphere.
No, I mean. If it's not limited in some way, why would he need a second one? The first one would just keep working and there would never be a need to use another one.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #1816 on: February 06, 2024, 03:09:14 pm »

The electors filed up to cast their final ballots of the day. Who would be exiled from the chamber?

Vote Count — Day 2
- Crystalizedmire -
- Elephant Parade
- Euchrejack -
- FallacyofUrist -   
- Imp -
- Maximum Spin - [4] NJW2000, Crystalizedmire, Euchrejack, Tricmagic
- NJW2000 - [3] , Imp, FallacyofUrist, Maximum Spin
- Toonyman -
- TricMagic - 
- No Elimination

Current Elimination: Maximum Spin

Hammer at 5 votes. Day ends 6th February 10pm GMT, in approximately 2 hours.

Current Trades:

Euchrejack: Trade Blue Chaos Emerald for Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page
Euchrejack: Trade Blue Chaos Emerald for Yellow Chaos Emerald
Imp: Trade Yellow Chaos Emerald for Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page
Imp: Trade Arthur Conan Doyle's Magnifying Glass for Airsoft Rifle
NJW2000: Trade Billy the Kid's Six-Shooter for Purple Chaos Emerald
Imp: Trade Yellow Chaos Emerald for Billy the Kid's Six-Shooter
Elephant Parade: Trade Airsoft Rifle for Magnifying Glass
NJW2000: Trade Billy the Kid's Six-Shooter for Yellow Chaos Emerald
Elephant Parade: Trade Airsoft Rifle for Arthur Conan Doyle's Magnifying Glass
NJW2000:Trade Billy the Kid's Six-Shooter for Yellow Chaos Emerald

Let me know if I've missed anything.

NQT: Generally speaking, if a player's ability is modified via the application of a sphere, will they be informed?
Player learn at the phase if their abilities have been changed. Players always know what abilities they have at the time when they can use them.

NQT: Sorry if you've already answered this, but if Tric's double-execution power is in effect and the second-most-popular vote is No Elimination, what happens?
No Elimination is also picked and there is only one execution.

Spoiler: Not game related (click to show/hide)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: February 06, 2024, 03:11:38 pm »

Does the copied ability have any extra spheres on it?
Also, this vote looks painful Who isn't voting? (Toony and Elephant right now after a moment's thought.)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: February 06, 2024, 03:12:56 pm »

This is what I call DADT.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: February 06, 2024, 03:13:14 pm »

No Elimination is also picked and there is only one execution.
OK so if we don't want two executions, we don't have to have them. Obviously scum can vote too, but Tric's power doesn't seem very scary now.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: February 06, 2024, 03:15:09 pm »

Also, this vote looks painful Who isn't voting? (Toony and Elephant right now after a moment's thought.)
Yes; my top scumpick is MS and I don't want to hammer. I believe Toony is in the same boat.

Heading out, may or may not be on before EoD

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: February 06, 2024, 03:20:35 pm »

My copied ability is a perfect copy of my original.  It also gained free and one shot, as described in the dup ability, which I gained.  It is 100% the same as the original, no new spheres, and lost nothing.

My original is completely unaffected, it is exactly like it was before it was copied.

If I keep 'ability duplicate' unused tonight and live until D3, it becomes free (it currently requires an action).  If there's no excellent 'this could eat the NK N3 if it works at all' as the squirrel-waffles NJW kinda sorta maybe claimed sphere to target, my plan involves 'I keep this until N3; I have a pretty pro-town use for that action'.  It's the same action that I would have used on the glass that I'm trading to EP.

If I use 'ability duplicate' it probably passes to someone else, and if so, it's not gonna become free.  I also have a 'better use' for that action of mine N2 than just 'duplicating any-old sphere'.  But if we can actually potentially control the night kill in a real way, this is better.

Also, if I keep the apple from rotting, I can't trade it to anyone tomorrow.  I can give it N3, and trying to dup it N3 with the free dup is on my list of ideas.  But if we can dup NJW's squirrel-waffle thingy, then he doesn't need to have an apple for N3; either the ability worked as he claimed (he initially said 'don't bother to protect me tonight' when he agreed to take the Page' or there's no NK/other kill, or he's dead, whatever.  Hope he doesn't just reflect the NK into the crowd, that's not extremely pro-town especially not to tell us.

Huge chance I eat the apple tonight, but if I see anti-town flip, maybe not.

But that dup... the copy becomes a 1shot.  I have a way to recharge one-shots that should work for NJW, so if I love what I see happen as of D3, that can be discussed, and is an option if we dup the ability and that works.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: February 06, 2024, 03:20:47 pm »

EBWOP: Change of plans, I'll likely be around

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: February 06, 2024, 03:29:22 pm »

Anyway, I may not bother to check in again. I don't blame anyone, I'm just annoyed that it came down to "how dare you trust webadict?"

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: February 06, 2024, 03:30:23 pm »

Tric's power doesn't seem very scary now.

If Tric is or could be a SK, is it scary?

If that ability dups, and Tric is or could be an SK, is it scary?

I don't know, and we don't have to worry about it yet.

Among my many things I can do is refill Tric's one-shot; but if town gets elimed, it auto-refills.

I'm definitely not refilling it tonight, I got more pro-town stuff to do.

But if we live to D3, we can discuss the various what ifs.  Just stuff to think about.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: February 06, 2024, 03:33:01 pm »

Anyway, I may not bother to check in again. I don't blame anyone, I'm just annoyed that it came down to "how dare you trust webadict?"
Just remember. They literally do not have any kind of case. It's just "Maximum Spin trusted webadict, like at least a few other people!" and "Maximum Spin seems shady and that's definitely never happened a million times before!"

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: February 06, 2024, 03:37:46 pm »

No, I mean. If it's not limited in some way, why would he need a second one? The first one would just keep working and there would never be a need to use another one.

Aha!  Doh.  I wasn't thinking the other use, where I could only dup something with a limit, thank you hugely.   Yes, that makes great sense.  If the ability doesn't degrade in some way, NJW shouldn't 'need' a copy of it.  If it's an issue about already being free or one shot, no problem; the dup ability works on those, it remains free or remains one shotted in the copy, the original unchanged, I checked.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: February 06, 2024, 03:41:44 pm »

NQT, if a Limitation ability gains a Limitation sphere, would any change occur or be shown?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: February 06, 2024, 03:45:43 pm »

Tric's power doesn't seem very scary now.

If Tric is or could be a SK, is it scary?

If that ability dups, and Tric is or could be an SK, is it scary?

I don't know, and we don't have to worry about it yet.

Among my many things I can do is refill Tric's one-shot; but if town gets elimed, it auto-refills.

I'm definitely not refilling it tonight, I got more pro-town stuff to do.

But if we live to D3, we can discuss the various what ifs.  Just stuff to think about.
No. I thought my argument was implicit, but here it is: A double-lynch power that does not actually force a double-lynch does not at all scare me, regardless of its owner's alignment.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: February 06, 2024, 03:48:37 pm »

Also not sure if that last max post counts as an emotional appeal or not.

My case is a narrowing of suspects. It's not much, but what I have to go off of. shrugs.

Ninja. Remember when I got town credit cause mafia and TP got lynched? And I say I don't? I don't really have control over who gets lynched besides my vote and arguments. I won't be triggering it immediately even if refilled or duped. (It's good for a situation like this one though.) Imp can go ahead with their item plans. If anyone other than NJW is dead tomorrow, their will be a reckoning.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 153