Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58446 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D2 Rotten Apples
« Reply #1800 on: February 06, 2024, 02:27:00 pm »

I like how we've had 3 days of almost nothing going on. Don't you like three days of nothing but stress? Huh?
Being honest, I expected a hammer to occur. The fact it hasn't says things. And it's not Max is town. NQT, got a votecount? I'd rather a no lynch not occur and get brushed off as an accident.

Sure he's on, but here's the votes:

Exile seemed just a step away...

Vote Count — Day 2
- Crystalizedmire -
- Elephant Parade
- Euchrejack -
- FallacyofUrist -   
- Imp -
- Maximum Spin - [4] NJW2000, Crystalizedmire, Euchrejack, TricMagic
- NJW2000 - [2] Imp, FallacyofUrist,
- Toonyman
- TricMagic -
- No Elimination

Current Elimination: Maximum Spin

Nothing has changed, Tric unvoted and revoted same target.  FoU went to toony, back to NJW.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: February 06, 2024, 02:27:52 pm »

NJW2000
I'm not caught up on the thread yet.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: February 06, 2024, 02:28:56 pm »

Why don't we want to give NJW a chance to answer a sphere?

Isn't that pro-town if NJW choose to?  NJW can also say "Choose not to answer", nothing else revealed, no problem.  Though I wonder why Tric claimed duping limitation would dup NJW's protective ability.  That seems... unreasonable to know or presume and very selfish and anti-town unless explained so I can understand better.

Tric is totally one of my possible NJW partners, should NJW be Mafia.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: February 06, 2024, 02:31:37 pm »

I'm not entirely sure what "answer a sphere" means here, but sure, waiting for that sounds sensible.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: February 06, 2024, 02:33:30 pm »

Just the thought that their ability is limited, cause they suggested taking the apple so they could still have their ability N3. Which, I might remind Imp, is the other interpretation of the post you find scummy.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: February 06, 2024, 02:35:24 pm »

I'm not entirely sure what "answer a sphere" means here, but sure, waiting for that sounds sensible.

We maybe have a chance, if everything happens to fall that way, to give NJW a way to use whatever ability that may disappear that may eat the NK tonight, an extra copy.  if so, it's shotted and free.  It may not be possible to do.  Here's the explanation deeper, and think before we discuss too much, so we leave possible-town MVP NJW or possible anti-town NJW room to answer in the most pro-town way possible.  However, if you have questions you think should be asked, let's hear them.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: February 06, 2024, 02:36:56 pm »

Just the thought that their ability is limited, cause they suggested taking the apple so they could still have their ability N3. Which, I might remind Imp, is the other interpretation of the post you find scummy.

Sure, like votes sphere is why you have that vote-related power.

This is nothing to guess about, unfortunately, especially when guessing... umm... empowers your possible SK-useful power so incredibly much.  Sorry.  I do intend to see ability use in your hands, if the game goes that way, but I am not knowingly giving you -that- or a other way to kill.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: February 06, 2024, 02:39:52 pm »

NQT: Sorry if you've already answered this, but if Tric's double-execution power is in effect and the second-most-popular vote is No Elimination, what happens?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: February 06, 2024, 02:41:36 pm »

I haven't caught up on the thread and I don't know what you mean by that. I'm just putting my vote in while there's still time. If you think I shouldn't, let me know. I trust you enough at this point.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: February 06, 2024, 02:43:52 pm »

NQT: Sorry if you've already answered this, but if Tric's double-execution power is in effect and the second-most-popular vote is No Elimination, what happens?

Be aware, we also maybe need to ask what happens if that's duped.  Because I think that causes it to work twice.  I have a dupped ability that fully works twice, all the chained auto stuff it's doing as well as its one shot, all the auto stuff is 100% flowing full force.  Happily I'm town, know how to use it pro-town, and everything I can do either helps make people, mostly other than myself, more able - but it's all 'fluff' unless I get damn lucky.  'we can have fun with this stuff as anti-town tears us apart' and I'm trying to find the real pro-town uses among the 87+ choices I have I could do or work towards.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: February 06, 2024, 02:45:45 pm »

Be aware, we also maybe need to ask what happens if that's duped. (...)
If you feel the need to ask, then ask.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: February 06, 2024, 02:46:17 pm »

I haven't caught up on the thread and I don't know what you mean by that. I'm just putting my vote in while there's still time. If you think I shouldn't, let me know. I trust you enough at this point.

Stay voted.  A hammer of anyone at this time seems anti-town to me.  We need more time to discuss, especially for NJW to decide if NJW thinks it is pro-town to name a sphere with the understanding that sphere dups their ability that 'may' let them eat the kill/nk that Page is understood to draw.

Because that can potentially be dupped, and if so, should ensure a N3.  Maybe it can't be dupped.  Maybe NJW thinks it's bad to say a sphere or bad to try to dupe, even in meta, doesn't target NJW ways.

But NJW having a chance to answer, even with 'no comment, carry on' seems **very** pro-town to me.

Any vote is fine.  No hammers now/yet.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: February 06, 2024, 02:55:16 pm »

Just to say Imp, I kinda doubt most of that will get read.

Or, Max, if you think it's reasonably pro-town, could/would you handle the translation and/or even improvement of the idea, with your own improvements highlight, should you believe this is useful for your wincon?
By "the idea", do you mean what you said about duplicating NJW?

Short translation: Imp thinks it would be pro-town to duplicate NJW's claimed self-preservation ability that's supposed to "take care of" the mafiakill, which would create a 1-shot free copy. This only works if that ability is not an auto, and there is a specific sphere to be targeted such that the target ability is the only one the player has with that sphere, or at least there are few enough abilities with that sphere for there to be a good chance of hitting the right one. It's also only useful if the ability is already limited in some way, such as being shotted, so that having a second one would actually extend it. Imp wants to know if these conditions hold and, if so, what sphere would be best to target. Also, we are warned that some ability with the targeted sphere will be duplicated for everybody, in case that's bad. Lastly, the ability Imp is talking about using will jump to one of the players it affects.

Is that right?

Oh, come on, then I find out Fallacy already did it. I'm going to post anyway and then continue reading.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: February 06, 2024, 03:02:23 pm »

Just to say Imp, I kinda doubt most of that will get read.

Or, Max, if you think it's reasonably pro-town, could/would you handle the translation and/or even improvement of the idea, with your own improvements highlight, should you believe this is useful for your wincon?
By "the idea", do you mean what you said about duplicating NJW?

Short translation: Imp thinks it would be pro-town to duplicate NJW's claimed self-preservation ability that's supposed to "take care of" the mafiakill, which would create a 1-shot free copy. This only works if that ability is not an auto, and there is a specific sphere to be targeted such that the target ability is the only one the player has with that sphere, or at least there are few enough abilities with that sphere for there to be a good chance of hitting the right one. It's also only useful if the ability is already limited in some way, such as being shotted, so that having a second one would actually extend it. Imp wants to know if these conditions hold and, if so, what sphere would be best to target. Also, we are warned that some ability with the targeted sphere will be duplicated for everybody, in case that's bad. Lastly, the ability Imp is talking about using will jump to one of the players it affects.

Is that right?

Oh, come on, then I find out Fallacy already did it. I'm going to post anyway and then continue reading.

That's right.

It's certainly not looking worse for you that you translate it however you do.  Please carry on, thanks for helping.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: February 06, 2024, 03:05:57 pm »

However, this portion:

"It's also only useful if the ability is already limited in some way, such as being shotted, so that having a second one would actually extend it."

Is incorrect.  IT does not need to be limited in some way to work.  The created copy itself will be limited, shotted with 1 initial shot (refillable, could probably hold more than 1 shot, all the shot stuff applies to the copy only.)  The original... doesn't matter.  My original is unchanged.  My copy, has those limitations.  I guess whatever Max got that was doubled has some kind of 'limitation' for whatever it's worth.  But the dup ability doesn't force a limitation to be involved on the original.  Just needs a sphere.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 153