Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58440 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D2 Rotten Apples
« Reply #1740 on: February 05, 2024, 06:26:01 pm »

Honestly Crystal isn't going to get implicated as mafia at this point.

It's not about Crystal.

it's about tomorrow, if you and I are alive and Max flipped pro-town.  And I have scum on the table and a case and you have 'distrust' so you don't vote my case.

I don't give a fig for your 'distrust'.  Though I'll be grateful if you kill scum.  But if you don't, you risk town very, very, very badly.

I want your case.  It also helps if Max's not mafia anti-town.
Distrust of max is far higher than distrust of you. Given you lynched webadict. The chances of you being mafia is near 0.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: February 05, 2024, 06:36:01 pm »

Distrust of max is far higher than distrust of you. Given you lynched webadict. The chances of you being mafia is near 0.

And my disbelief in your presentations of understanding.

Who is my lynch candidate?  What is my case?

Your 'distrust' is being weighed against that, and you're going with your 'distrust'.

Course, you're Tric, and Protect mafia is strong with you.

I really wish you'd get over that.  Some folks want to win as town, and it's useful if you happen to be, like, town.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: February 05, 2024, 06:38:25 pm »

What do you even mean by "full-claim"?

I am One of the One Hundred Thirty Four Million Two Hundred Seventeen Thousand Seven Hundred Twenty Eight Blue Sphere Levels in Sonic the Hedgehog 3 for the Sega Genesis also Known as the Sega Mega Drive in Some Regions

I picked meta, setup knowledge, and mutation. I have no red spheres.

I have an auto mutation called Level Reward that gives a player a Chaos Emerald if they target me with an item.

I have a free meta mutation action called Cartridge Combo that let's me combine two non-auto abilities I have, including items.

I have four setup knowledge actions:

Chaos Emerald Roundup - learn the locations of every Chaos Emerald
Sphere to Touch - learn the number of times a blue sphere appears in the game, broken down between item and non-item
Sphere to Avoid - learn the number of times a red sphere appears in the game, broken down between item and non-item
Ring Count - learn the total number of items between living players

For some reason I started with an Inkstained Bible Page.

On D1 I traded my Bible Page for a Wishbone.

On N1 I used Sphere to Touch to learn the number of Secondary Wincons in play. I used my free action Cartridge Combo to combine Sphere to Touch and Sphere to Avoid together. I gained a new ability that is both Sphere to Touch and Avoid. I also lost my Wishbone, but then gained a Wishbone again.

I'm going to hammer Max before going to bed, unless something crazy happens.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: February 05, 2024, 06:39:17 pm »

Given you lynched webadict. The chances of you being mafia is near 0.

Given I lynched webadict, the chances of NJW being mafia is how high?

And the chances of Max being mafia is how high?  Also, why?

The chance of NJW being mafia, I put at extremely high.  For the same reasons I marked web, anti-town interest, focus, and behavior.

I read Max as null today.  Close to what I read him yesterday.

What are you doing, Tric?  Whatcha thinking?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: February 05, 2024, 06:40:58 pm »

OK, Toony, I trust you now. Every part of your claim feels right.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: February 05, 2024, 06:47:29 pm »

I have a free meta mutation action called Cartridge Combo that let's me combine two non-auto abilities I have, including items.

And this merge is permanent?

Chaos emerald roundup would help us measure how deadly web likely was, especially as he started multi-actioning like crazy and getting all the gems.  It's not just pro-scum, it's hella pro-town too.  Could have given us a chance to catch problems web caused, maybe.

I recommend you check on kill tonight, but not sure what else to recommend.  Mayne count everyone with slow, though not sure what to tell you to do with the knowledge.

Also, why are you not lending me your vote again?

I'm cool with believing his claim, and I'm cool with Toons not being killed today.  But... what's with trusting people over role and sphere picks?  That's pre-game stuff, pre alignment.

I'm not saying distrust Toons, but hrm, watch close.  However, what the what about why?  I don't get it.  I need other reasons to 'trust' like 'wow, that was really pro-town, great'.  And that can come from day play or night.  Not all of us requested to hit the ability lottery.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: February 05, 2024, 06:49:31 pm »

I already posted my wall of the vote analysis, you should have an impling of what I'm thinking. To me, NJW's use of their vote is far far too passive in day 1, at least in regards towards getting the lynch off of Max.

You say if Max is town, we shoud keep him alive cause they're useful. What f they're not. What if the others are town? Where is the line drawn, that this person shouldn't be lynched cause of 'if they are town'. You would suggest no lynch, and then we'd lose a townie at worst. And if NJW is town, we've lost a day of flip too. We might as well lynch Jack at that point instead.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: February 05, 2024, 06:52:30 pm »

I already posted my wall of the vote analysis, you should have an impling of what I'm thinking. To me, NJW's use of their vote is far far too passive in day 1, at least in regards towards getting the lynch off of Max.

You say if Max is town, we shoud keep him alive cause they're useful. What f they're not. What if the others are town? Where is the line drawn, that this person shouldn't be lynched cause of 'if they are town'. You would suggest no lynch, and then we'd lose a townie at worst. And if NJW is town, we've lost a day of flip too. We might as well lynch Jack at that point instead.

Interesting.  I think you played a lot more sensibly and less protect mafia in Max's game.  I really wonder why.

Well, I'm as prepared as I can be, whatever comes.  I sure hope whatever flip we see, probably soon with you fellows getting like you are, it's anti-town.  If not, I don't get you.  If you're town and ignoring cases like mine, wow.  What a mess.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: February 05, 2024, 06:53:17 pm »

I'm cool with believing his claim, and I'm cool with Toons not being killed today.  But... what's with trusting people over role and sphere picks?  That's pre-game stuff, pre alignment.

I'm not saying distrust Toons, but hrm, watch close.  However, what the what about why?  I don't get it.  I need other reasons to 'trust' like 'wow, that was really pro-town, great'.  And that can come from day play or night.  Not all of us requested to hit the ability lottery.
It's the abilities I'm judging, not the picks. I am not saying I am 100% confident he is town, though I can see how you got that impression. I am bumping him up from "really iffy" to "probably town," and I was posting to express that, not to convince others to do the same; if I wanted to convince people, I would have included analysis. And I'm not going to stop paying attention to him. Seriously, I'm still grilling Crystalizedmire; do you think I'm going to stop looking at Toonyman?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: February 05, 2024, 06:54:33 pm »

Crystal, can you explain what your ability does a little more thoroughly? Because I didn't get told anything you think I was, except that the ability I had that was already one-shot before it would transform into something new now had the Limitation sphere. Which doesn't even stick around after it transforms.

In particular, should it have passed on to the player I targeted that night? Because if so, that's reason to be suspicious of Fallacy, which would be kind of a big deal overturning my understanding of the game.

As of right now, I don't have any abilities that target a player, so, otherwise, there's no way for me to pass any curse on. My "bazaar" offer targets a blue sphere. I do not believe that this constitutes targeting players who have that sphere, either, based on what NQT has told me. So your mistrust is based on bad assumptions.
When I double act, I apply cascade to all my actions for the night. The curse applies the limitation sphere and turns the ability to a one shot. When applied with teh cascade effect, the target of teh ability gets the curse passed down to them. Since it seems like you don't have many abilities with a target, I guess it isn't that suspicious afterall. I still find you suspicious due to your bazaar and day1 behaviour.

I don't think we shoudl lynch NJW because they can't kill without outing themselves.
she/her

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: February 05, 2024, 06:55:10 pm »

At the end of the day, this is a social deduction game, not a social puzzle game. People will have different views, and not just follow a leader to victory. If we did that, we'd be quickly disillusioned to it if we had just followed webadict off a cliff.

My case against NJW being mafia is based upon the vote analysis, and feels. I feel Max and Jack, along with Toony, are the most likely to be scum. Less so Toony with that role-claim I guess.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: February 05, 2024, 06:55:19 pm »

You say if Max is town, we shoud keep him alive cause they're useful. What f they're not. What if the others are town?

Yeah.  My whole case on NJW is they're not acting town.

Every town is useful alive.  Every not-anti-town is.

If max is anti-town, we need him dead.  Otherwise, we don't and any waste of Elim on him - we don't have that time.  Wish we did, this game would be fun with time.

I think I have antitown for you to elim instead.  And you just defend the hello out of them.  Disappointing.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: February 05, 2024, 06:57:30 pm »

Toony - It is understandable that they trust Webadict so much due to their role
How much weight do you give this?
Not much honestly, atleast before Toony's full claim. Also, I have a mimic ability which allows me to confirm whether or not Toony was lying about their ability(if I get lucky).
she/her

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: February 05, 2024, 07:01:14 pm »

Toony - It is understandable that they trust Webadict so much due to their role
How much weight do you give this?
Not much honestly, atleast before Toony's full claim. Also, I have a mimic ability which allows me to confirm whether or not Toony was lying about their ability(if I get lucky).
How would you have described your opinion on Toony aside from that?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: February 05, 2024, 07:03:00 pm »

What do you even mean by "full-claim"?
[ostensive definition]
I'm not TricMagic. That isn't the game I signed up to play. Right now, I would literally rather be lynched than do that. In fact, I think I would literally rather be lynched than do that in any game of mafia ever.

You know what I can do, what I intend to do this night if I can, and what I claim is my alignment. Do you really think I couldn't come up with a plausible fakeclaim to throw you off my back even as mafia? The point is that I refuse. Doing this would ruin the game for me and I have to draw the line somewhere.

When I double act, I apply cascade to all my actions for the night. The curse applies the limitation sphere and turns the ability to a one shot. When applied with teh cascade effect, the target of teh ability gets the curse passed down to them.
The ability you hit doesn't have a target. It seems plausible and likely that you're telling the truth. You just happened to use your ability in such a way that there's absolutely no reason for me or anyone to care about it in the slightest.

Anyway, I get your suspicion, although I find it annoying that I'm the only one of the people who trusted webadict who apparently is expected to answer for it. And I probably get hammered in a few minutes anyway, and, honestly, I don't even care. I just hope the rest of town figures out what to do when the game doesn't end, and that it isn't too late.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 153