Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58442 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D2 Rotten Apples
« Reply #1710 on: February 05, 2024, 02:59:33 pm »

That was me in the Town Hall near the start of the day:
Re: Max: You're probably already thinking of this, but Max invited NJW to tie the vote at EoD
I was misremembering a bit, it's more like you floated the possibility as a what-if and then discarded it:

Okay, that's how I thought it worked.

Now, between us, we could make it a three-way tie with CM. Part of me wants to see how that goes, but I don't see how it could possibly be a good idea to make it so we don't even know what happens.

And no, I don't want a web lynch, but I'm really doubting a sofanthiel lynch either, with this whole DADT thing going on. I guess this is the spread we're stuck with, though.
Oh, right, that's why I didn't see it until later. I hope it's obvious that I wasn't even seriously floating the possibility, since I immediately described it as a bad idea.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: February 05, 2024, 03:00:12 pm »

Unvote I'm interested in where this line of discussion goes.

@Toony, eventually I start skimming. That and I didn't bother to read the chat dumps. They clearly didn't do anything, so right decision in that regard. Instea I focus more on pointing out holes, as per usual, or in the last post a rebuttal for Imp to think on. Give them insight on my thought process.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: February 05, 2024, 03:03:37 pm »

@Imp:
I would argue your behavior is not just anti-town, but anti-game because nobody wants to play. You've definitely crushed most player's spirits. Although Tric seems fine, I guess he's immune or has infinite willpower.

Hey, no probs.  I can totally make this my last game.  Sorry this couldn't be us this game, but it requires us having the same wincon, or me being totally fooled that we do.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW7XdVrTN5w
Imp, last game, you did this song and dance, people asked you to keep playing, and you kept playing. Nobody wants you to quit: they just want you to post less. The one and only thing you have to do is post less. People have other issues with your playstyle but nobody would be making a fuss about it if you posted less. I am begging you, as a townie who wants to scumhunt and a player who wants to enjoy the game, not to completely dominate this game and future ones like you have this Day. You don't have to do it. Nobody else is doing it. I've never seen anyone else do it. I can give you strategies to not do it (tl;dr: decide what things are relatively unimportant/unhelpful and don't post those) if you want them. Please just post less.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: February 05, 2024, 03:04:59 pm »

That was me in the Town Hall near the start of the day:
Re: Max: You're probably already thinking of this, but Max invited NJW to tie the vote at EoD
I was misremembering a bit, it's more like you floated the possibility as a what-if and then discarded it:

Okay, that's how I thought it worked.

Now, between us, we could make it a three-way tie with CM. Part of me wants to see how that goes, but I don't see how it could possibly be a good idea to make it so we don't even know what happens.

And no, I don't want a web lynch, but I'm really doubting a sofanthiel lynch either, with this whole DADT thing going on. I guess this is the spread we're stuck with, though.
Oh, right, that's why I didn't see it until later. I hope it's obvious that I wasn't even seriously floating the possibility, since I immediately described it as a bad idea.
This is plausible but I can see a universe where you do this as scum in the hope that NJW will "convince" you that it's actually a good idea. I don't know how likely that universe is, but it definitely exists.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: February 05, 2024, 03:08:52 pm »

EBWOP: last game = FBYOR, I skipped over Supernormal

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: February 05, 2024, 03:14:51 pm »

This is plausible but I can see a universe where you do this as scum in the hope that NJW will "convince" you that it's actually a good idea. I don't know how likely that universe is, but it definitely exists.
I... guess? I don't think I would even do that as scum, it seems pretty stupid. I would definitely make jokes like that as scum, so my defense should be NAI, though.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D1 Panics and Schemes
« Reply #1716 on: February 05, 2024, 03:57:54 pm »

Hard to forget that, at the moment my conviction against voting webadict started to waver:
I don't think it's correct to follow Imp's tunnel-of-the-game. I don't think Web is mafia.

And now you try to blame me for you scumreading Jack:
I think mafia!Max would definitely just say Jack feels like mafia, which I would buy into here.
which, if I'm mafia with web and tried to lead you into thinking Jack was mafia, why did web, who we both trust to read Jack to an extent, firmly say no? Would we coordinate that badly?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: February 05, 2024, 04:29:56 pm »

Guys, you know how I mentioned that I have an ability that applies limitation to an ability and how I was a double actor with a side effect? Well, I used my double acting last night. I stole the wishbone and I applied limitation to one of Maximum Spin's abilities and I don't think Maximum Spin has ever mentioned that.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: February 05, 2024, 04:37:38 pm »

Guys, you know how I mentioned that I have an ability that applies limitation to an ability and how I was a double actor with a side effect? Well, I used my double acting last night. I stole the wishbone and I applied limitation to one of Maximum Spin's abilities and I don't think Maximum Spin has ever mentioned that.

Hi, CM.  How much do you believe NJW, and why?

Are you aware of this?

I asked about you being willing to take the bible page even though it may not draw the kill to you, when there is the option to block the kill n3 by giving both to idk, Crystallized or whatever.

I can’t be certain I’ll block the kill. But there’s a pretty good chance. This is all I can know.

"Both" refers to an apple and the page.  Note he says that, I have not said that.  That idea is HIS.  He is pushing that.  And other things, but that's probably the worst.

But only way you could have those items N3 is if the item is moved D2/N2.  Means, he doesn't hold it.  I think he's scum.

Do you have any concerns?

We could not possibly have elimed web without you.

What's gonna happen today with your vote?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: February 05, 2024, 05:06:04 pm »

@Imp: For whatever it is worth, I used to post too much in my earlier games. I also sort of stopped reading most of your posts.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: February 05, 2024, 05:10:48 pm »

Was I... supposed to? What makes you think I would even know about this? If I did know about it, did I need to mention it?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: February 05, 2024, 05:12:05 pm »

Yeah.. That wouldn't do anything if their actions are already limited.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: February 05, 2024, 05:12:24 pm »

NQT: Generally speaking, if a player's ability is modified via the application of a sphere, will they be informed?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: February 05, 2024, 05:15:11 pm »

Toony, did you have a potential case on Fal, or should we end the day?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: February 05, 2024, 05:15:39 pm »

I really should've asked this before asking NQT, but:

Was I... supposed to? What makes you think I would even know about this? If I did know about it, did I need to mention it?
Can you be absolutely clear whether you did know about it?
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 153