Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59458 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D2 Rotten Apples
« Reply #1320 on: February 02, 2024, 10:56:29 pm »

Fair is fair, since Elephant is giving reads, so am I.

Town
- TricMagic - Ability lead to scum & third party elimination

Hey, want to look deeper into your thoughts about Tric.

Yes, Tric opened D1 with that ability.

I don't think Tric knew how that would turn out.

Can you point out some other things you think about Tric, or why you think that action alone is something only town would/could do, and they don't need more behavior to back it up?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: February 02, 2024, 11:07:30 pm »

Suspects
- Maximum Spin - Could be partners with Web
- Elephant Parade - Could be partners with Web

I should really be getting to bed myself.

I note you called EP the right vote, what differentiates EP from MS to you?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: February 02, 2024, 11:23:47 pm »

I'm too puzzled to have good reads right now. If I had to give a list, it would be:

TOWN
==========================
Imp - tunneled web pretty hard. I don't give wagon-pushing unlimited weight after getting fooled by Caz in Supernatural, but this is a very different situation
FoU - I have reconstructed them in my mind palace and they're legit
Tric - idk

CM - iffy play I'm having trouble reading, was vying for the noose with webadict but didn't seem particularly invested in the outcome? probably just a quiet player as usual
NJW - vibes, only half points for not tying the vote since it would've been MEGA sus and webadict still might've died

EJ - hard to separate feelings from analysis here, but he's been quiet and IMO not very helpful
MS - strong townread webadict, raised the possibility of tying the vote at EoD
Toony - strong townread webadict, unconfirmed night action, thinks I'm scum :(
==========================
SCUM

Obviously I don't think EJ, MS, and Toony are all scum; these are low-confidence reads. Also, I may be overweighing townreading webadict as a scumtell, especially since I did it too, but I'm cutting the vets less slack on this one than I am myself.

This is something I'm not used to, but noticed.

EP has a idk on Tric, but has Tric third top townie side.

Tric says this when I asked about EP:

Elephant really hasn't.. I guess been on my radar. Activity yeah, but nothing I've seen as that scummy in comparison to others. It's possible they're the partner given I haven't seen them play.

That seems weird to me.  Is this kind of mutual 'who?  Probably town/fine' reaction to each other a normal okay thing?
I gave him an IDK because he feels like town but I don't have anything interesting to say about him. I warned you that I didn't have good reads.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: February 02, 2024, 11:47:46 pm »

Town
- TricMagic - Ability lead to scum & third party elimination

Hey, want to look deeper into your thoughts about Tric.

Yes, Tric opened D1 with that ability.

I don't think Tric knew how that would turn out.

Can you point out some other things you think about Tric, or why you think that action alone is something only town would/could do, and they don't need more behavior to back it up?
Oh Tric's behavior is the real clincher.
My Role My Role My Role, general failures to read, these are all clear signs that Tric is Town.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: February 02, 2024, 11:49:57 pm »

Suspects
- Maximum Spin - Could be partners with Web
- Elephant Parade - Could be partners with Web

I should really be getting to bed myself.

I note you called EP the right vote, what differentiates EP from MS to you?
There have been a few minor things were I just don't believe what EP says D2. Like, his description of his conversation with Toonyman, for instance.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: February 02, 2024, 11:51:56 pm »

Thanks, EP and EJ

There have been a few minor things were I just don't believe what EP says D2. Like, his description of his conversation with Toonyman, for instance.

What's not believable about the claims about the conversation?  How's Toons different with you?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: February 02, 2024, 11:54:18 pm »

I gave him an IDK because he feels like town but I don't have anything interesting to say about him. I warned you that I didn't have good reads.

Understood, and reads are work.  Your last three,
EJ - hard to separate feelings from analysis here, but he's been quiet and IMO not very helpful

Any significance in the order, or about equal?  Any any change as the day's progressed, the various events?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: February 03, 2024, 12:14:27 am »

Alright, Jack. Since you asked.

Spoiler: ToonyMan is town (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ToonyMan is scum (click to show/hide)

So uh.

ToonyMan, though since I think the Bible Page indicates a three-player scumteam if Toony is scum, I am open to looking around.

The problem isn't just that I think Toony is scum. It's that I can't find any good reason to consider him town other than his sharing of information, and a scum info-gathering role just can't be ruled out.

The Bible Page and NJW are the fulcrum here. I need to look at NJW's interactions with webadict. NJW almost certainly has the Page here. Either he's telling the truth about it to the best of his knowledge and he's town, or he's lying about what it does, and he's scum.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: February 03, 2024, 12:14:27 am »

Thanks, EP and EJ

What's not believable about the claims about the conversation?  How's Toons different with you?

So Elephant Parade, after spending all that time with Toonyman, any thoughts on his alignment?
We've barely talked.

Unless Toony is outright gaslighting me, that is contrary to my understanding of Toony's interactions with the two chats.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: February 03, 2024, 12:14:57 am »

Bloody hell I just posted at the exact same moment as Jack.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: February 03, 2024, 12:17:50 am »

Unless Toony is outright gaslighting me, that is contrary to my understanding of Toony's interactions with the two chats.

Anything you are comfortable sharing with the rest of us?  I'd like to hear from you as well as Toony later.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: February 03, 2024, 12:23:25 am »

Understood, and reads are work.  Your last three,

Any significance in the order, or about equal?  Any any change as the day's progressed, the various events?
They were ordered from towniest to scummiest but all roughly on the same tier.

I'm about to go to bed and am probably overlooking something, but briefly: I like Toony a bit more now that I know his night action was probably legit and NJW a bit more for confirming Toony's action when a scum player would have relatively little reason to do that (outside of Toonyman/NJW). I liked EJ more when he was questioning me but less after he stopped doing that. I didn't like MS's first big post because most of it didn't seem very useful to me, but his second was better.

Thanks, EP and EJ

So Elephant Parade, after spending all that time with Toonyman, any thoughts on his alignment?
We've barely talked.

As of posting, we had had one conversation that lasted less than an hour. I'm OK dumping it in the thread if he is.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: February 03, 2024, 12:24:14 am »

Bloody hell I just posted at the exact same moment as Jack.
~Lovers Forever~

Anyways, I read your Day 1 case for Toonyman being scum. I agree with the conclusion that Toony is unlikely to be lynched today.
So, please prepare a case based upon Toonyman's Day 2 activity. While I think Toony is town, I'm glad to have someone looking him over. Just in case.
You might get to use it Day 3...
Grade: C+
You shouldn't start with the premise that someone voting you is scummy. You should assume ALL players start suspecting ALL other players. Only Mafia know who Mafia are.  The rest of us are grasping through the dark. But you did cover his behavior, and made some good points later on. It just sorta fails at being persuasive, since you revealed your bias at the very beginning and kept with it. But like I said, it has good detail and is still useful.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: February 03, 2024, 12:26:31 am »

But I did read his Day 2 posts. They were just, ugh. More of the same.

I think I'll get more out of looking into NJW now. Wasn't web town reading him?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: February 03, 2024, 12:28:18 am »

So uh.

Fallacy.  Precious friend.

When and if push comes to shove, and it's time for D2 elim.  I suspect you trust me more than most in this game.  I could be wrong about that.

When it's time for D2 to end, Toons will probably only have your vote on him, and your vote is likely needed elsewhere.  It would have given me great peace and greater strength to have had your vote helping me D1.  And it would have eliminated scum.

How open are you, to adjusting to who we elim today?  Someone's getting elimed today, I think not Toony.  But your vote may help ensure anti-town instead of town goes today, like you could have helped D1.  I really needed that help.

Are you prepared to do a reads list maybe in my style, that focuses on how strongly you oppose or support each person being elim today?  Of course it would have Toony on it as 'happy with' or something like that.  But what about everyone else?  Read them, the person.  Whatever you can about them.  "Because Toony" is a weak, poor reason to think about that other person, to me.  Try to read them as the person, like you might if you were making a role for them, reading their soul, and see what you get, and if that's aligned with your wincon.  How's that work for you, can you try it?
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 153