Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59244 times)

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D1 Panics and Schemes
« Reply #1005 on: February 01, 2024, 02:37:18 am »

There is no universe in which that's the team.
Weird that this is the first post I see when I wake up. I can't shake the feeling that this is exactly the most likely team.

Your weird talk about being masons with them.
You tell web & toony jump (vote CM) - they jump.

Fallacy's post on how Toony keeps doing this thing where he asserts things without providing reasons was a great coherent argument from him, I'm impressed. The thing is, all three of you have been doing that.

And then I see both Toony and web assert that we need to keep Max alive because he supposedly can separate the lovers, which is a disturbingly bad non-alignment reason to keep someone alive.

If you think Max is town, you keep him alive.
If you think Max is scum, you lynch him and any golden mountains he promised are irrelevant.
And it doesn't even matter in the first place, because the two of them are vulnerable to a nightkill too so if mafia wants the 2-for-1 they can always get it.

So yeah, there are a lot of universes where you three are a team. I have to type this before I go to work and day 1 ends.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: February 01, 2024, 02:41:57 am »

There is no universe in which that's the team.
Weird that this is the first post I see when I wake up. I can't shake the feeling that this is exactly the most likely team.

Your weird talk about being masons with them.
You tell web & toony jump (vote CM) - they jump.

Fallacy's post on how Toony keeps doing this thing where he asserts things without providing reasons was a great coherent argument from him, I'm impressed. The thing is, all three of you have been doing that.

And then I see both Toony and web assert that we need to keep Max alive because he supposedly can separate the lovers, which is a disturbingly bad non-alignment reason to keep someone alive.

If you think Max is town, you keep him alive.
If you think Max is scum, you lynch him and any golden mountains he promised are irrelevant.
And it doesn't even matter in the first place, because the two of them are vulnerable to a nightkill too so if mafia wants the 2-for-1 they can always get it.

So yeah, there are a lot of universes where you three are a team. I have to type this before I go to work and day 1 ends.

So, use your vote, go to web?  Do you see a universe where Max is scum and web isn't?  If you think Max is scum, go for web?

I can see a universe where Max is town and saves web, irrespective of web's alignment.  But not the inverse.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: February 01, 2024, 02:45:39 am »

sure: webadict

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: February 01, 2024, 02:48:22 am »

Do you see a universe where Max is scum and web isn't?
maybe, can't rule it out.

One final bit of advice to you Imp, before I likely die tonight. Keep you head cool, try to stay calm no matter what happens. And good luck.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: February 01, 2024, 02:49:25 am »

Not thinking Toony is town is like the third dumbest possible opinion to have in this game.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: February 01, 2024, 02:50:38 am »

Do you see a universe where Max is scum and web isn't?
maybe, can't rule it out.

One final bit of advice to you Imp, before I likely die tonight. Keep you head cool, try to stay calm no matter what happens. And good luck.

Thanks, luck to you too.

Are you probably dying because of anything other than the information you have shared?  If it's about information you haven't shared yet, maybe talk about it fast.  If it's just because of what you've shared, I understand and I personally don't have your fix, but I think there's other tempting targets too, and you have a chance.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: February 01, 2024, 02:53:46 am »

Not thinking Toony is town is like the third dumbest possible opinion to have in this game.

Yeah.  There were moments my last game with Toons that he posted about what if I was scum.  And I didn't post, but I thought about what if him.

But when I saw that move... that was the first time, this game, that made me think 'oh the suck' about that what if.  I don't know what that team might look like, behavior-wise.  But omg I don't want to face it.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: February 01, 2024, 02:54:08 am »

You're doing it again. Asserting things without providing reasons. But thanks for confirming that you three like each other.

I have nothing else important to say that I didn't say yet Imp. If I had time I would try to back up my argument for CM being town but that's too much work and I'll be late for actual work.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: February 01, 2024, 02:56:12 am »

I prefer for people to do their own thinking, Quarque, even if they're bad at it. It's the only way to improve.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #1014 on: February 01, 2024, 04:39:27 am »

As heads hang heavy and bags grow under eyes, in the final hours, things are ever more at a knife's edge...

Vote Count — Day 1
- Crystalizedmire - [3] Elephant Parade, FallacyofUrist, Maximum Spin
- Elephant Parade -
- Euchrejack -
- FallacyofUrist -   
- Imp -
- Quarque -
- Maximum Spin - [1] NJW2000
- NJW2000 -
- Sofanthiel - [4] TricMagic, Toonyman, Euchrejack, webadict
- Toonyman -
- TricMagic - 
- Webadict - [4] Imp, Crystalizedmire, Sofanthiel, Quarque
- No Elimination

Current Possible Eliminations: Sofanthiel, webadict

Hammer at 7 votes. Day ends 1st February 11am GMT, in approximately 1.3 hours.

Trades

Well constructed trade offers:

TricMagic: Trade Arthur Conan Doyle's Magnifying Glass for Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page
Webadict: Trade Green Chaos Emerald for an Apple.
Quarque: Trade an apple for a green emerald.
NJW2000: Trade Wishbone for Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page
Toonyman: Trade Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page for Wishbone
EuchreJack: Blue Emerald for Green Emerald

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D1 Final Moments
« Reply #1015 on: February 01, 2024, 04:46:16 am »

sofanthiel

I dunno, maybe this works. I trust ToonyMan is town here and I think he can read webadict, but there's nothing I can do to stop it anymore, so might as well hope it works out.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: February 01, 2024, 04:48:11 am »

But hey, ToonyMan, can you find me that meme from a few games ago where there's crickets at EoD only when we're lynching town?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: February 01, 2024, 05:19:00 am »

Wow, 70 page D1. That's not insane and terrible.

I've gone through the thread briefly, sorry if I missed any questions. Someone did ask where I've been for the last fifteen pages. As it happens, I do this weird thing for eight hours every day where I fast, lie down, close my eyes and allow most of my body to enter an anabolic state. I learned about it from Mark Zuckerberg at a convention in his secret nuclear base in the Himalayas, at a talk he was giving about how to solve world conflict with mindfulness and Brazilian hu-hjiuitsu.

Not sure if the sofa vote catches scum, their behaviour has been consistent with someone getting very confused and overexcited, and then mostly absent from a very fast moving thread.

Actually glad people were willing to leave CrystallixedMire. Even if they're mafia, that just means their town D1 is functionally indistinguishable from their scum D1. I didn't think they could explain asking how many hammer was then self-voting in a way that made sense, but while the explanation made no sense, I think I believe it was some kind of tactical idea.

Given Tric's power, I don't think I can actually affect the outcome of D1 in any way here, unless a lot of people want to shift. I... could have CM killed if Max was willing to work with me on it? While killing both Web and CM would be nice as a policy, I think my townread on the latter means I can't justify doing that.
Wait, have we been interpreting tric's power wrong? I may be able to elim Web, who is not currently being elim'd. Please let me know if that's right.
One wheel short of a wagon

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: February 01, 2024, 05:21:17 am »

Wait, have we been interpreting tric's power wrong? I may be able to elim Web, who is not currently being elim'd. Please let me know if that's right.
I don't think that's how it works, but maybe?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #1019 on: February 01, 2024, 05:29:25 am »

Tick, tick, tock... the electors started filling out their final ballots. One of their number would not be returning tomorrow. Possibly two...

Vote Count — Day 1
- Crystalizedmire - [2] webadict, Maximum Spin
- Elephant Parade
- Euchrejack - [1] Sofanthiel
- FallacyofUrist -   
- Imp -
- Quarque -  [2] FallacyofUrist, Euchrejack
- Maximum Spin - [2] Quarque, NJW2000
- NJW2000 -
- Sofanthiel - [3] TricMagic, Toonyman, Elephant Parade,
- Toonyman -
- TricMagic - 
- Webadict - [2] Imp, Crystalizedmire
- No Elimination

Current Possible Eliminations: Sofanthiel

NQT apologized and said it veered into bastard, before correcting.
The Lynch will occur, one with the most votes is lynched.
The one with the second most votes is lynched. (or the one tied with the first lynch for votes if those are equal) If 2 tie at this point, both are lynched. If 3+ are tied, the two are chosen randomly.
Only 3 can be Lynched. 2 Minimum will be lynched.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Ok, Max. I suspect that you may have just saved Web. Especially as your vote change wouldn't actually do anything if it works the way Tric said it does. (In the absence of further interference).

Do you want a web elim? Yes or no. No confusions over how this works. If you're unsure, unvote so Web and Sof both die.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 153