Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58963 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D1 Panics and Schemes
« Reply #945 on: February 01, 2024, 12:40:08 am »

I'm just joshing.

Whew.  Also, yay.  So, not all 'filler' is scummy?
No. I had the opportunity to make what I thought would be a funny joke, so I took it. I would not begrudge someone else for doing that, or indeed for posting other filler content like votecounts. It's the quantity of filler and the filler:content ratio that I look at.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: February 01, 2024, 12:44:06 am »

[1] It's possible that it's sofa, Crystal, Fal, I don't like the insistence on ToonyMan and not picking a side here.  I think sofa is always scum here, Crystal could reasonably pull off shielding sofa or accidentally protecting, but those three together makes the most sense based on the vote spread.

[2] Which proposal do you believe they didn't get a response to?  As far as I can tell, this is a "fuck it" type of post.

[3] True, which is why if I die, execute them.

[1] The last time I hard latched onto someone as scum, I was right. But if you want to defend ToonyMan, go right ahead, I'll hear you out. Why isn't he scum? Why is sofa scum, similarly?

[2] Beats me. I didn't see anything like that, but I haven't read the thread super thoroughly, so I may have missed it.

[3] Dangerous, that. I know you're biased against Imp, but a frustrating playstyle isn't the same thing as being scum. Context matters.

Alright, shouldn't you be agitating to put webadict back on the menu? Even if you get your longshot ToonyMan lynch, another will d— Ahem. Another player will be lynched.

(Crystallizedmire)

You could vote ToonyMan. Imp could. Jack could. This isn't undoable. It's just that nobody wants to attack the throne of ToonyGod, despite his scumminess.

Don't be afraid. He's only mortal, just like us.

@Fallacy: So, web has basically been helping me all day long. You like me, right? So web helping me should outweigh any short-term dealing he might have done with Toonyman to help me.

Sigh. You're right, I forgot to take that into account. As much as scum can prop up town players as a tactic to get town cred, that could also be genuine.

It's just, if Toony isn't scum with web, who is Toony scum with? Quarque?

... actually, that sounds kinda real.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: February 01, 2024, 12:47:21 am »

Oh web, I'm been at least as obnoxious advocating for Toonyman's death in prior games. It's hardly alignment-indicative, just bad play.

@Fallacy: So, web has basically been helping me all day long. You like me, right? So web helping me should outweigh any short-term dealing he might have done with Toonyman to help me.
I get it, ToonyMan's just such a tempting execution target, but ToonyMan is a terrible execution on Day 1 for multiple reasons, the least of which is that he's a lot better at killing his teammates than not, but also, I think he's legitimately trying to find scum.  I think you and him clash on ideas and methodology, like... every game.  Which is disappointing.

Ninja
Oh my fucking god, VOTE ME INSTEAD OF TOONYMAN.

JUST FUCKING VOTE ME!  WE SHOULD NOT VOTE TOONYMAN HOLY FUCKING SHIT I DON'T KNOW WHY THIS HAS TO BE A WHOLE THING!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: February 01, 2024, 12:48:44 am »

Alright, shouldn't you be agitating to put webadict back on the menu? Even if you get your longshot ToonyMan lynch, another will d— Ahem. Another player will be lynched.

(Crystallizedmire)

You could vote ToonyMan. Imp could. Jack could. This isn't undoable. It's just that nobody wants to attack the throne of ToonyGod, despite his scumminess.

Don't be afraid. He's only mortal, just like us.

This is the second time you've replied to the part of my post where I say Toony isn't getting lynched and ignored the rest of it. Here's my point: Taking it for granted that Toony is lynched, another player will be lynched along with him. Therefore, I find it surprising that you would focus exclusively on Toony, since we would still have to decide on a #2. I would like to understand your thinking process.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: February 01, 2024, 12:50:50 am »

Okay, it's hard to switch gears from the usual 'one player will be executed' to 'two players will be executed'. This is a unique situation I don't have experience with.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: February 01, 2024, 12:51:52 am »

I would like to understand your thinking process.
Allow me to be of assistance. "Durr durr, I'm Fallacy and I constantly complain about not being town enough so that I can constantly complain about not knowing how to play town, enabling me to get away with never trying to improve in the slightest and just spouting dumb shit until I get lynched, derp."

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: February 01, 2024, 12:53:16 am »

Okay, it's hard to switch gears from the usual 'one player will be executed' to 'two players will be executed'. This is a unique situation I don't have experience with.
That's one of two answers I expected you to give, and it's plausible.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: February 01, 2024, 12:57:19 am »

Secondarily, if I focus on executing a pair of players, ToonyMan x Quarque, for example, everyone will be like 'but Fallacy, nobody will execute ToonyMan, so vote Quarque' and I get that, but I am being told not to vote the person I find scummiest, and instead to vote for someone who is not the scummiest, and it is absolutely infuriating to deal with that.

Can we not just, execute the scum?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #953 on: February 01, 2024, 12:57:38 am »

Spoiler: Updated reads list (click to show/hide)
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: February 01, 2024, 01:01:35 am »

Secondarily, if I focus on executing a pair of players, ToonyMan x Quarque, for example, everyone will be like 'but Fallacy, nobody will execute ToonyMan, so vote Quarque' and I get that, but I am being told not to vote the person I find scummiest, and instead to vote for someone who is not the scummiest, and it is absolutely infuriating to deal with that.

You can vote who you want.

If we all agreed on who was the scummiest, then we'd have already hammered.  Unless we were attempting to agree on second-scummiest to remove with them, but I bet we'd have agreed and sorted.

Your top scum pick is my top town pick.  That makes it very hard for me to align with you.

Your reasons for him being scummy, I don't see them, or get them.

My top scum pick is your second top scum pick, based on what you said - but you have entirely different reasons, and your reasons are not ones I even find scummy.

So, that's why we can't just 'execute the scum'.

Your main choice right now probably is a compromise vote, or a 'committed to my answer' vote.

Either one will greatly influence who is executed, because of likely vote shenanigans that will happen differently based on what you do with your vote.

Since we have double elim, and you don't have mass agreement on your top scum pick, you may want to consider if you think there's more than one anti-town in the game, and who besides your dream target you wanna see gone.  Or not.  But I recommend it.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: February 01, 2024, 01:04:05 am »

Deal with Toony Tomorrow.  Toony isn't a viable choice.  Toony is being Townread by a lot of people.  That's not viable.  You cannot make a compelling case with 4 hours left in the Day.  You can start votes on Quarque!  That's more viable than Toony!  You can vote me!  That's absolutely viable!  You can't vote Toony!  Voting Toony is such a bad move, I don't know why you would make it.  I don't understand!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: February 01, 2024, 01:06:10 am »

I don't understand!
Please see above.

Everyone having this conversation is stupid. Yes, including you, webadict. Especially you. You should know better.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: February 01, 2024, 01:11:33 am »

Deal with Toony Tomorrow.  Toony isn't a viable choice.  Toony is being Townread by a lot of people.  That's not viable.  You cannot make a compelling case with 4 hours left in the Day.  You can start votes on Quarque!  That's more viable than Toony!  You can vote me!  That's absolutely viable!  You can't vote Toony!  Voting Toony is such a bad move, I don't know why you would make it.  I don't understand!

I am voting Toony because he is scum, the best reason to vote for anyone! More scummy than you, more scummy than Quarque, and I only have one vote.

Why are you protecting him?

Your main choice right now probably is a compromise vote, or a 'committed to my answer' vote.

Either one will greatly influence who is executed, because of likely vote shenanigans that will happen differently based on what you do with your vote.

I think you're town. I really do. I just think you're wrong about ToonyMan.

Do you think web's read of ToonyMan as Town is genuine? If not, why not?

I'm not absolutely ruling out a vote switch, it's just, last game switching my vote off web was a terrible idea, and I can see a similar mistake playing out in front of me, but I don't want it to happen again.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: February 01, 2024, 01:15:49 am »

What bothered me wasn't your choice to push your case on ToonyMan against the odds, it was your refusal to do anything else in addition to that, which would be bad even if we weren't facing a double lynch. I am less bothered now that you're discussing people other than ToonyMan.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: February 01, 2024, 01:16:22 am »

Not worth it, I'm gonna go to bed.  sofanthiel, kill Crystal Tomorrow, last one's somewhere in Fal, Imp, or NJW
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 153