Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59375 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D1 Panics and Schemes
« Reply #930 on: February 01, 2024, 12:20:31 am »

It goes without saying that obviously Imp's played ~5 games recently and their playstyle is going to shift a lot, but I figure it's better to have one data point on scum!Imp than none.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: February 01, 2024, 12:21:44 am »

Elephant, I think sofa, Crystal, Imp is too easy, but I only partially remember Armed Forces from the bits I read, and I'm too tired and lazy to read it.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: February 01, 2024, 12:22:46 am »

I fully agree that since nobody will vote Toony, my vote on him is effectively useless. I'm still making it, though. Last game, I called out web as scum, pointed out his behavioral changes from Day 1, but nobody listened, and lo and behold he was a cult leader. Just because nobody wants to vote Toony doesn't mean he isn't scum.
OK but what about the webadict/sofanthiel/CM situation?

sofanthiel has been exploding all day. I feel like if he was scum, his team would keep a tighter leash on him. webadict has been generally helpful aside from the emerald obsession, but ToonyMan likes him, so he's probably scum. Crystalizedmire I need to think more about.

'm afraid this is the last post I'll be able to make before sunset (after that, who knows what awaits us all?).  As it currently stands, I will keep my vote firmly stationed on webadict.  We could've arrived at a different outcome, but his unwillingness to cooperate or even respond to my proposal further cemented my stance.  I bid you all adieu! :)
So, this is pretty much an admission that sofa is scum.
Okay, since you're not ToonyMan, I might actually be able to get an answer out of you.

Why does this mean he's scum?

@FoU:
You're wrong about me, and I think you're probably genuinely wrong. You've convinced yourself of something that isn't the case.

I wish I could daykill you so hard right now.

Of the current lynch candidates, which appear to be between:

CrystalizedMire, sofanthiel, webadict, and arguably Maximum Spin

Are you interested/willing to put your vote on either the scummiest, or one of the scummiest of them?

If you pick Max, a lot of new pressures come into play, because now 4 people are up for the elim pool, and there's so many ways to adjust that.

If you pick one of the others, things maybe calm down a little, but hard to say.

I would be absolutely delighted if you go web, but it's your vote.  Anything else you do with your vote, probably stays out of this vote brawl, unless something I didn't see coming happens.

The scummiest player here is ToonyMan. I think you should join me in voting for him.

I'm just not convinced enough about Maximum Spin, compared to earlier in the day, and he's going to be fixing my little problem (hypothetically), so I'm not inclined to vote him at least right now.

webadict I find scummy, but most of that is tied up in how Toony views him, and I think a Toony execution helps solve web, but not the other way around. I'm entirely confident Toony is scum, but I could be wrong about web.

sofanthiel I have explained about above.

CM... dead gods, I don't know what looking into CM could possibly reveal that would be anywhere near half as scummy as Toony's obstructionism, dedication to mechanics over scum tells, excessive meta reads, and lack of justification.

I fully agree that since nobody will vote Toony, my vote on him is effectively useless. I'm still making it, though. Last game, I called out web as scum, pointed out his behavioral changes from Day 1, but nobody listened, and lo and behold he was a cult leader. Just because nobody wants to vote Toony doesn't mean he isn't scum.
You are functionally useless by not picking a side.  ToonyMan isn't getting voted Today.

It's posts like this that make me think you're scum with him, though.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: February 01, 2024, 12:25:11 am »

I'm curious.  You who have played in nqt's games before, how likely is it that multiple players would have pretty similar designs/power sets, and also be the same alignment?

Like, if web does survive D1, but among those who flip we see a town who also gathers items to gain benefits, kinda similar to what web's described - does that change the odds of web both honestly having the similar skillset, and also being town too?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: February 01, 2024, 12:27:05 am »

What's the relevance of that question?

Especially from your own perspective.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: February 01, 2024, 12:28:12 am »

FoU: OK, fine, you don't want to take your vote off Toony. Can you put the three lynch candidates in an ordered list?

I'm curious.  You who have played in nqt's games before, how likely is it that multiple players would have pretty similar designs/power sets, and also be the same alignment?

Like, if web does survive D1, but among those who flip we see a town who also gathers items to gain benefits, kinda similar to what web's described - does that change the odds of web both honestly having the similar skillset, and also being town too?
I haven't, but considering that we created our roles by submitting combinations of keywords, overlap seems pretty likely!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: February 01, 2024, 12:29:01 am »

No, I'd say it's entirely likely to have two similar designs on the same team, or even three. With NQT, you can pretty much trust that assignments are random and things like that don't give anything away.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: February 01, 2024, 12:31:12 am »

Elephant, I think sofa, Crystal, Imp is too easy, but I only partially remember Armed Forces from the bits I read, and I'm too tired and lazy to read it.
I agree, but I don't want to overlook Imp just because they play weirdly.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: February 01, 2024, 12:32:17 am »

FoU: OK, fine, you don't want to take your vote off Toony. Can you put the three lynch candidates in an ordered list?

Sigh Fine.

Scummiest

webadict (mostly due to interactions with Toony, has been helpful otherwise)
sofanthiel (the explosions could admittedly be a smokescreen, and not all coaches might care about stuff like that)
Crystalizedmire (I haven't looked enough to see if I should read her as neutral or town, but I at least haven't seen anything that would make me want to execute her)

Least scummiest

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: February 01, 2024, 12:34:38 am »

It's possible that it's sofa, Crystal, Fal, I don't like the insistence on ToonyMan and not picking a side here.  I think sofa is always scum here, Crystal could reasonably pull off shielding sofa or accidentally protecting, but those three together makes the most sense based on the vote spread.

sofanthiel has been exploding all day. I feel like if he was scum, his team would keep a tighter leash on him. webadict has been generally helpful aside from the emerald obsession, but ToonyMan likes him, so he's probably scum. Crystalizedmire I need to think more about.

'm afraid this is the last post I'll be able to make before sunset (after that, who knows what awaits us all?).  As it currently stands, I will keep my vote firmly stationed on webadict.  We could've arrived at a different outcome, but his unwillingness to cooperate or even respond to my proposal further cemented my stance.  I bid you all adieu! :)
Okay, since you're not ToonyMan, I might actually be able to get an answer out of you.

Which proposal do you believe they didn't get a response to?  As far as I can tell, this is a "fuck it" type of post.

True, which is why if I die, execute them.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: February 01, 2024, 12:35:14 am »

Sigh Fine.

Scummiest

webadict (mostly due to interactions with Toony, has been helpful otherwise)
sofanthiel (the explosions could admittedly be a smokescreen, and not all coaches might care about stuff like that)
Crystalizedmire (I haven't looked enough to see if I should read her as neutral or town, but I at least haven't seen anything that would make me want to execute her)

Least scummiest
Thank you.

Alright, shouldn't you be agitating to put webadict back on the menu? Even if you get your longshot ToonyMan lynch, another will d— Ahem. Another player will be lynched.

(Crystallizedmire)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: February 01, 2024, 12:37:03 am »

Thank you.

Alright, shouldn't you be agitating to put webadict back on the menu? Even if you get your longshot ToonyMan lynch, another will d— Ahem. Another player will be lynched.

(Crystallizedmire)

Well shucks.  Is it more vote weirdness, so we can't know if you've got 2 votes or something until nqt is up and confirming?  Or are you just being colorful?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: February 01, 2024, 12:37:40 am »

Thank you.

(Crystallizedmire)

Well shucks.  Is it more vote weirdness, so we can't know if you've got 2 votes or something until nqt is up and confirming?  Or are you just being colorful?
I'm just joshing.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: February 01, 2024, 12:38:14 am »

I'm just joshing.

Whew.  Also, yay.  So, not all 'filler' is scummy?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: February 01, 2024, 12:39:20 am »

It's possible that it's sofa, Crystal, Fal, I don't like the insistence on ToonyMan and not picking a side here.  I think sofa is always scum here, Crystal could reasonably pull off shielding sofa or accidentally protecting, but those three together makes the most sense based on the vote spread.

Which proposal do you believe they didn't get a response to?  As far as I can tell, this is a "fuck it" type of post.

True, which is why if I die, execute them.
Oh web, I'm been at least as obnoxious advocating for Toonyman's death in prior games. It's hardly alignment-indicative, just bad play.

@Fallacy: So, web has basically been helping me all day long. You like me, right? So web helping me should outweigh any short-term dealing he might have done with Toonyman to help me.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 153