Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59451 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D1 Panics and Schemes
« Reply #915 on: January 31, 2024, 11:49:55 pm »

I'm your only scumpick, buddy, unless you're arguing your comments about Quarque count.

EuchreJack can't pick me because it's a bad pick for him to do, and I know he'd do it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: January 31, 2024, 11:52:36 pm »

Wonder if it has anything to do with already in a private chat and rules about that.

Why's it a bad pick for him to do?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: January 31, 2024, 11:54:45 pm »

Wonder if it has anything to do with already in a private chat and rules about that.
This is a completely nonsensical line of thought.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: February 01, 2024, 12:00:07 am »

This is a completely nonsensical line of thought.
https://youtu.be/8TGalu36BHA?si=FCEUNG4Yyu0K1coe

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: February 01, 2024, 12:03:29 am »

Hey Toony, are you sure we can't execute Imp?  They might not be scum, but they're completely useless.  Just one little execute, they'd totally deserve it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: February 01, 2024, 12:05:45 am »

Toony, webadict: Have you read Armed Forces Basic to get some sense of how scum!Imp might play?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: February 01, 2024, 12:05:51 am »

Re, Jack's chat formation.

I can't argue for picking ToonyMan because I think he's 100% scum. He didn't address most of the case I posted on him, just opting to clarify his read on Jack - and of course it's a pure meta read.

But if we're ignoring that, and reading purely into the mechanical aspect of the game, then I guess he'd be a good pick.

If you choose to believe my case, I'd say to choose Maximum Spin, Quarque, or Elephant Parade to be your chat pick. I only read EP as firm town, but all three of them I find less scummy than Toony, and the first two would have good mechanical... knowledge? To offer.

You could... also choose Tric. Coordinating his weird voting powers would be valuable. I just think your chemistry would ignite and take the rest of us with it.

And yes, unfortunately, Toony is right in that you shouldn't choose me. It's too redundant, removes the post-death info sharing potential, and... well, there would be upsides, but I don't think they're worth it or even close to it.

I fully agree that since nobody will vote Toony, my vote on him is effectively useless. I'm still making it, though. Last game, I called out web as scum, pointed out his behavioral changes from Day 1, but nobody listened, and lo and behold he was a cult leader. Just because nobody wants to vote Toony doesn't mean he isn't scum.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: February 01, 2024, 12:06:23 am »

Jack also said I'm 100% town so I seem like a pretty good target, just saying. I even have a role that is mostly just information gathering. Not that I trust Jack at all to pass private information along in the event of my own death. So probably pick someone else.
Well, I have more than 1 shot, so maybe later. I don't think anyone is killing you over "Emerald Knowledge".
You aren't commenting about FoU because you know I'm right.

Hey Toony, are you sure we can't execute Imp?  They might not be scum, but they're completely useless.  Just one little execute, they'd totally deserve it.
No.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: February 01, 2024, 12:09:09 am »

'm afraid this is the last post I'll be able to make before sunset (after that, who knows what awaits us all?).  As it currently stands, I will keep my vote firmly stationed on webadict.  We could've arrived at a different outcome, but his unwillingness to cooperate or even respond to my proposal further cemented my stance.  I bid you all adieu! :)
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: February 01, 2024, 12:10:05 am »

I fully agree that since nobody will vote Toony, my vote on him is effectively useless. I'm still making it, though. Last game, I called out web as scum, pointed out his behavioral changes from Day 1, but nobody listened, and lo and behold he was a cult leader. Just because nobody wants to vote Toony doesn't mean he isn't scum.
OK but what about the webadict/sofanthiel/CM situation?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: February 01, 2024, 12:13:22 am »

Toony, webadict: Have you read Armed Forces Basic to get some sense of how scum!Imp might play?
I haven't. I have no idea how scum!Imp plays. I could read that game since it looks short or maybe someone could be helpful and point out anything that specifically indicates scum!Imp.

@FoU:
You're wrong about me, and I think you're probably genuinely wrong. You've convinced yourself of something that isn't the case.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: February 01, 2024, 12:13:30 am »

FoU, I'm having massive flashbacks to your game.  Toony's acting like he did then, EJ now has a chat to make N1.

But I don't think Toony's scum.  I really don't.  You I'm not sure about, but I'm aOK on you getting another day to become more sure about.

However, we're going to have some massive vote manipulation going on, I'm sure, at a horribly early hour of the morning for many of us.

Of the current lynch candidates, which appear to be between:

CrystalizedMire, sofanthiel, webadict, and arguably Maximum Spin

Are you interested/willing to put your vote on either the scummiest, or one of the scummiest of them?

If you pick Max, a lot of new pressures come into play, because now 4 people are up for the elim pool, and there's so many ways to adjust that.

If you pick one of the others, things maybe calm down a little, but hard to say.

I would be absolutely delighted if you go web, but it's your vote.  Anything else you do with your vote, probably stays out of this vote brawl, unless something I didn't see coming happens.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: February 01, 2024, 12:15:11 am »

'm afraid this is the last post I'll be able to make before sunset (after that, who knows what awaits us all?).  As it currently stands, I will keep my vote firmly stationed on webadict.  We could've arrived at a different outcome, but his unwillingness to cooperate or even respond to my proposal further cemented my stance.  I bid you all adieu! :)
So, this is pretty much an admission that sofa is scum.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: February 01, 2024, 12:17:07 am »

You are functionally useless by not picking a side.  ToonyMan isn't getting voted Today.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: February 01, 2024, 12:17:36 am »

I haven't. I have no idea how scum!Imp plays. I could read that game since it looks short or maybe someone could be helpful and point out anything that specifically indicates scum!Imp.

@FoU:
You're wrong about me, and I think you're probably genuinely wrong. You've convinced yourself of something that isn't the case.
I think you should read it yourself and form your own conclusions before I bias you by telling you mine, but anyway:

Scum!Imp in that game posted giant walls of text and lots of filler content. They also tunneled Tric weirdly hard from, like, post two.

I've noticed a good bit of filler tonight from Imp, I think starting around the time sofanthiel/webadict became the popular choice, but not much before then. They're clearly tunneling Webadict, but then they tunneled Secretdorf in the last game.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 153