Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59592 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D1 Panics and Schemes
« Reply #825 on: January 31, 2024, 07:25:19 pm »

EuchreJack, wanted to ask again, it's easy to miss stuff.

Do you have some kind of a problem, like Fal did with life-tied to yours; like Toons did with 'if I have this item, I die tonight', that you want to talk to us about?

I also asked you if you felt it was useful to tell us anything about what you know about Fal that might help town understand Fal better, like can you confirm alignment or anything else that you feel might help to share?

Lastly... you offered to trade...

@Web: I won't give up my night action to give away my Blue Emerald, but I would like to provide it to you in exchange for your providing everyone Setup Knowledge unless your newfound knowledge will considerably hurt Town.  I'll trust your desire to honor your deals will generally keep you from using this escape clause unless absolutely necessary. Maybe you can figure out a method of acquiring the Blue Emerald, whether it be trade or theft?

Why?

A couple games ago, FBYOR, web opened the game with set up info.  He talked and shared and helped all through D1, and D2.  He was useful and cooperative.

Why do you think you need to, or should, bribe him for information that in a game he was known to be town in, he gave freely?  You could then helpfully reward a helpful fellow player by giving them, or allowing them to know when to trade for or come steal, your item.

You don't even comment on the difference in behavior between web that game, and web this game.  Why?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: January 31, 2024, 07:28:07 pm »

So NJW isn't null?
I don't see them doing a particularly bad job of a good, law-abiding town resident so far.
NJW could definitely be man-gutting scum, though he, however slightly, looks better in my eyes than the other two for reasons probably only cognizable to my subconscious.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: January 31, 2024, 07:29:10 pm »

Fallacy, no.  I keep telling you, we're consolidating votes.  If you think I'm scum, just vote me.  There's no reason to shift the votes right now.

OK. So NJW isn't null?
I want to interfere, but I assume that you're doing just fine, so I won't.

@Imp, talking to my client is harassment until you find out the post where anyone asked.

So NJW isn't null?
I don't see them doing a particularly bad job of a good, law-abiding town resident so far.
NJW could definitely be man-gutting scum, though he, however slightly, looks better in my eyes than the other two for reasons probably only cognizable to my subconscious.
... I want to interject...

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: January 31, 2024, 07:29:43 pm »

Do so.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: January 31, 2024, 07:33:05 pm »

This is the behavior of someone who's scum.

ToonyMan. Possible partners include Quarque and webadict.

Heck, look at his vote! The classic scum voting tactic of voting someone who's acting erratically, sofanthiel. The easy vote, not one actually based on scum tells.

Similarly, his earlier vote on Jack - before I came out as a one-way-lover and he had to backtrack or else look too aggressive - was on a player who is a habitual Day 1 execution, a relatively easy target.

I know Toony is going to give me hell for this, but I don't care, I've caught scum.

I'd be really cool with you going after that possible partner webadict first.

Umm, so, Toons has kept telling people I'm a bad vote.

Repeatedly today.  He also, in your game, decided I was town from my first post, and guarded me all game, and turned out to be town... I was too.

So, if Toons is scum here, why's he protecting me?  Do I need to go onto that list too?

Umm... I tried to ensure Toons didn't die to that page.  Scum me, in your eyes?  I also tried to check out if I could help your possible death situation - you're not one of mine though.

So, you think scum's gonna start by claiming to have a page that will probably cause their death N1.  And they'll openly trade it, when they could give it?  Heck, that item in the hands of scum, if there's 2+, give's a action, but they could trade off on the nightkill/give pattern all game.  Or just give it to someone, far as I know, it's silent to give... Toons who gets setup info tracks this though.

Any chance you'll give more time for Toons, he seems useful and confirmable?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: January 31, 2024, 07:35:12 pm »

@Imp, talking to my client is harassment until you find out the post where anyone asked.

Huh, are you attempting communication?

If so, please state your question clearly, as if you understand I have no understanding what you're talking about, and in a neutral or positive tone.

I did catch you were swearing about something.  I have no idea what you are trying to ask, though I get that you appear to be trying to insult me, probably even with the question.  If it's something you want answered, I haven't understood what you want yet.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: January 31, 2024, 07:36:35 pm »

Thanks, sofanthiel. I don't really like that you started at "I'm pretty confident I have the puzzle figured out, and I stand by my past opinions" despite having three null reads, though I can see how town!you would arrive there with two strong scumreads and the assumption of a two-man scumteam. Actually, what made you assume that?

OK. So NJW isn't null?
I want to interfere, but I assume that you're doing just fine, so I won't.
Feel free.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: January 31, 2024, 07:37:25 pm »

Do so.
Your reads feel very similar to mine, but if you suspect me of being third party, and Crystal of being scum, why are you voting me over Crystal?  Or is it that Crystal is more null?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: January 31, 2024, 07:59:15 pm »

Actually, what made you assume that?
The truth is that I don't know.  I took that piece of information in my head for granted for reasons unknown to even myself (well, they are known, but my continued ignorance of the above being a factor at play is still a mystery).  Nevertheless, my hypothesis remains theoretically valid.  Did I exaggerate when I claimed to have "solved the puzzle"?  Sure.  Do I believe that I caught two scummers and one scummer-ally?  Oh, absolutely.
why are you voting me over Crystal?
Whereas with Crystal and Imp, the chance of them individually being mafia is, best-case scenario, 50%.  You, on the other hand... I've already made my case there.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: January 31, 2024, 08:00:20 pm »

@Fallacy: Could you
1) Place a vote on someone that is not NJW2000 or Toonyman
2) With a case laid out as to why that person is scummy
3) With a list of two other people you suspect of being scum

I think it would help you with your town game

yeah, you're right. But why not NJW2000 or ToonyMan? Not that I was considering them in the first place, I just want to get your take on it.

Unvote temporarily. I need a better candidate than Tric. He could still be an SK, but it's looking less likely after the reveal, like 80% Town 15% SK 5% Mafia.
@Fallacy: I was unable to answer this at the time that you posted. But it's a valuable skill you need to know, so I'm answering it now.
So, I told you not to focus on NJW2000 or ToonyMan because they were voting you. As you could possibly see from when it blew up on me, it is generally quite bad to attack those you are attacking you. It makes you look scummy and reactive. Counter-intuitive, I know, but it helps, it really does.

Toony has mostly moved on from you. You should probably do the same. You're doing quite well, actually. In fact, note that people are not voting me purely because they are convinced of your towniness.

Also: Toony is a unlikely Day 1 lynch. Better to push for a vote on someone that other people will actually vote. You want to influence the final vote, not be on the sidelines.

Focus on - Crystalizedmire, Maximum Spin, Sofanthiel, and Webadict. Which of those four do you think is most likely scum?
In fact, since there are two lynches, everyone should be listing at least 2, if not 3 or 4, players they think are scummy. You could start that.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: January 31, 2024, 08:06:36 pm »

The truth is that I don't know.  I took that piece of information in my head for granted for reasons unknown to even myself (well, they are known, but my continued ignorance of the above being a factor at play is still a mystery).  Nevertheless, my hypothesis remains theoretically valid.  Did I exaggerate when I claimed to have "solved the puzzle"?  Sure.  Do I believe that I caught two scummers and one scummer-ally?  Oh, absolutely.
Whereas with Crystal and Imp, the chance of them individually being mafia is, best-case scenario, 50%.  You, on the other hand... I've already made my case there.
To clarify, you're still saying I'm third party, no?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 31, 2024, 08:07:22 pm »

The truth is that I don't know.  I took that piece of information in my head for granted for reasons unknown to even myself (well, they are known, but my continued ignorance of the above being a factor at play is still a mystery).  Nevertheless, my hypothesis remains theoretically valid.  Did I exaggerate when I claimed to have "solved the puzzle"?  Sure.  Do I believe that I caught two scummers and one scummer-ally?  Oh, absolutely.
Pardon—you think Webadict is a mafia-ally?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: January 31, 2024, 08:09:33 pm »

I am not doing this fucking four-way tie, I'll tell you that. If you guys don't resolve this, I'm switching by the end of day. To whom? It'll be a surprise.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: January 31, 2024, 08:11:24 pm »

Oh, calm down Max.
I'm switching to sofanthiel. Hunting Third Parties rather than Actual Scum is a scumtell.

Now it's only a battle for 2nd place. No need to worry so much.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: January 31, 2024, 08:14:11 pm »

My read is this making sofanthiel #1, and webadict #2.
Let's eliminate the forumites who disobey the conventions of capitalizing the first letter of their name!
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 153