Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59173 times)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D1 Panics and Schemes
« Reply #720 on: January 31, 2024, 03:31:08 pm »

Crystalizedmire
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: January 31, 2024, 03:39:07 pm »

I notice second wincon is a sphere.  So I agree with your stance, "Anyone that's afraid of a second win con is stupid, because that's a second win condition placed on top of the one that really matters." because second wincon has nothing to do with alignment.

I think this statement you make is garbage:  "Additionally, I actually think second win conditions are probably pro-Town, since I'm not sure how well they'd work when you're teamed."  They can't be, because spheres are before and independent of alignment and:

that's the mod's job.

Players with the Second Wincon sphere also get an additional way of winning ontop of their main win-condition. This second wincon doesn't interact with other wincondition (e.g. if a neutral third-party player had the second wincon that they win if all players are dead, they still wouldn't be considered "anti-town".
I'm not sure what web meant, but I think second-wincons on anti-town parties would clearly be pro-town since it means that the/some anti-town have a way to win other than "kill town".

TricMagic, I need from you a clear and thorough explanation of what your lynch-related ability does. If I understand correctly, you have claimed that 1) you have the suspicious sphere, and 2) because of that, the official votecounts have been lying about what your ability will do. If that's the case and notquitethere's explanation of who will be lynched is not accurate, we really need to know what we're actually voting for because that's town's only weapon. Only weapon except for vigs. Our only weapons are the vote, vigs, ruthless efficiency, and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.

Crystalizedmire
I am not giving you any points for this purely symbolic sympathy-grab vote.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: January 31, 2024, 03:40:39 pm »

I believe this is the current votecount:

Vote Count — Day 1
- Crystalizedmire - [5] Elephant Parade, webadict, Maximum Spin, Toonyman, Crystalizedmire,
- Elephant Parade
- Euchrejack - [1] Sofanthiel,
- FallacyofUrist -   
- Imp -
- Quarque -  [2] FallacyofUrist, Euchrejack
- Maximum Spin - [2] Quarque, NJW2000
- NJW2000 -
- Sofanthiel - [1] TricMagic
- Toonyman -
- TricMagic -
- Webadict - [1] Imp,
- No Elimination

CM, if you're town, I'm going to be flipping furious with you unless you show me this is a town-useful move, which I suppose it could be, the same way that sof's weird stuff could trigger reactions that tell us stuff about other players that help.

CM.  I am town.  If you are town, you are letting me down so bad if you just fluff around and 'woe is me' and all the rest.  If you are town, you have friends, even if we don't know we're friends, and we need each other.  Other town can carry the win for you - but while you're here, flippin' A help us.

Now, there's a weird thing.  I haven't figured it out yet.

In web's reads, web said:

Sofa is a bit of a wildcard, but I do not remember them being this crazy during Supernormal, though that's also particularly true while we were teamed.  In a sense, it feels like they are playing a different type of game.  I was hoping for more information from Crystal to determine their alignment, but I figure they're probably going to be eliminated anyway, and I'm okay with that.  Their current method of play doesn't find scum, nor does it further a Town win condition.

Crystalizedmire is a bit quieter than I'd like, and I thought their take on sofa could've been better.  I also think they probably could've done more to help sofa not be insane.  Additionally, Crystalizedmire has focused too much on my powers, but is that my fault?  Maybe.  Overall, better take than NJW.

Why do you think web is saying this?

What is web doing?

I think he is scum on earth. Help me get that bleep out of our game.  Unless you know you voting you helps town more than anything else you can do, because I am town and I do not think that is a nice use of your vote, to put it on yourself, when there's others more likely to be scum than you.

Also, here's my thoughts about all of web's reads.

Help me.  Read my ideas.  Where am I wrong?

Get your vote on web, please.

For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: January 31, 2024, 03:47:12 pm »

Anyways, I can't be the only person who thinks that Webadict and Maximum Spin might be the scum team, right? The voted in quick succession of eachother and reading the thread over, I never get the impression that they aren't a team.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If I die, I'll flip town and we can infer that at least the majority of scum is on my wagon and Tricmagic's double elim will reload. I wasn't aware of the fact that if I switch votes Maximum Spin(my top scumread) won't be eliminated so I have to switch back.
she/her

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: January 31, 2024, 03:50:37 pm »

Anyways, Imp gets more town points from me for that reaction.
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: January 31, 2024, 03:52:23 pm »

Imp: I'll acknowledge web hasn't been playing great...

You know what, honestly, you have a point. I was going to say, "but I don't want to vote him out d1, since, if he's town, we'll regret it later". But now I think I just say webadict and get it over with.

The voted in quick succession of eachother and reading the thread over, I never get the impression that they aren't a team.
...we... explicitly coordinated that vote swap... in the thread. Do you not know how many times I have done that?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: January 31, 2024, 03:54:11 pm »

Anyways, I can't be the only person who thinks that Webadict and Maximum Spin might be the scum team, right? The voted in quick succession of eachother and reading the thread over, I never get the impression that they aren't a team.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If I die, I'll flip town and we can infer that at least the majority of scum is on my wagon and Tricmagic's double elim will reload. I wasn't aware of the fact that if I switch votes Maximum Spin(my top scumread) won't be eliminated so I have to switch back.

So, Max.  CM may prefer a you lynch over a web lynch.

Based on D1 play, I don't.  (And I know I can't read you, and you can lead me by the nose.  Oh well).  And you're a vote on CM.  I will be very happy if you and CM both move to web.  That's only a step closer to CM not being elim, which I am not 100% opposed to - but it is also a step closer to MS not being elim, which I am not 100% opposed to either, and you probably like not happening as well.

Not bothering to change this.  Because if Max had not moved, I would have said exactly this.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: January 31, 2024, 03:54:47 pm »

Webadict has been weirdly quiet, yeah. Is that alignment-indicative? I figured he was more of a powerwolf type.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: January 31, 2024, 04:00:24 pm »

I'm more confused by his relentlessly selfish focus here. He can definitely tunnel as town, and I assume he has moods and can be engaged or disengaged as the situation demands just like I do, but I don't get his reads so far at all, and I usually understand them implicitly.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: January 31, 2024, 04:02:12 pm »

The voted in quick succession of eachother and reading the thread over, I never get the impression that they aren't a team.
...we... explicitly coordinated that vote swap... in the thread. Do you not know how many times I have done that?

To my eyes, CM, Max and web did what Imp and Max just did, with a attempt to get you involved too, direct by me, merely allowing the choice to be potentially noticed for you.  It also opens the door for others who may prefer a web over MS over Qua lynch.  It opens doors to perhaps not a CM lynch.

Now, I don't know if any of you are scum.  I'm going purely by my D1 reads.  But I have seen web D1 anti-town in heart, and D2 anti-town for real.  I hate what I see from web here, with the level of reaction I applied last game when I reread it and spotted all the differences between web-known-town and web-known-didn't-care-to-help-town and web-need-town-dead.

We don't have town web here.  Might not be full anti-town web, but we don't have town web here.

We could have town CM here.  Could have town MS.

And I could be wrong about web.  But there's a lot of evidence I see, purely from play.  I have no mechanical knowledge of any alignment clues at this point.

But, CM.  Here's another form of what I am doing now, and MS and web were doing earlier:

I'm in on an Imp bandwagon.

Nobody took web up on that request that time but web.

But these things happen and are not necessarily alignment indicative just because they happen.  Who is targeted, why, when, that can tell us about alignments, especially after we see flips.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: January 31, 2024, 04:02:57 pm »

EBWOP:

merely allowing the choice to be potentially noticed for you = merely allowing the choice to be potentially noticed for you by Max doing it, not inviting you directly.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: January 31, 2024, 04:03:49 pm »

Sorry, I missed that. I don't get nearly as much scum vibes from Toony since they seem more protown than Webadict who is closer to the middle of the wagon.
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: January 31, 2024, 04:05:56 pm »

You know what? I like the Maximum Spin votes, and how they probably won't overwhelm but could easily equal the CM votes. I like the idea of killing the obvious target and the person that started the wagon on the obvious target.
I forgot I wanted to respond to this.

I'm down to be your sacrifice if you want, but that was Elephant Parade, lol.

But I have seen web D1 anti-town in heart, and D2 anti-town for real.
I will say this again just to be clear. webadict was town d1 in Supernormal and had no reason to think he would ever not be, and based on what he said to me, I think he was being honest that he thought he was in a cult game and needed to get rid of Tric. You can say his play was bad, but I don't think he was intentionally being anti-town, and I think he had something in mind like I did in Armed Forces Basic where you were scum - that I needed to force an end to the second-guessing and make everyone follow the plan by ending the day hammering myself.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: January 31, 2024, 04:09:54 pm »

But I have seen web D1 anti-town in heart, and D2 anti-town for real.
I will say this again just to be clear. webadict was town d1 in Supernormal and had no reason to think he would ever not be, and based on what he said to me, I think he was being honest that he thought he was in a cult game and needed to get rid of Tric. You can say his play was bad, but I don't think he was intentionally being anti-town, and I think he had something in mind like I did in Armed Forces Basic where you were scum - that I needed to force an end to the second-guessing and make everyone follow the plan by ending the day hammering myself.

Okay.  I'm cool with being wrong.

I have web's words on it.  He didn't want to be converted.  That was his goal, D1.  He was not playing for a town win, he was not playing for an eventual town win.  He had a goal that did not require or involve a town win, and he moved directly and purposefully towards it.  It showed.  It showed D2, when he had a different goal that did not require or involve a town win.

Max, do I misunderstand web's intent last game, based on your understanding of his intent last game?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: January 31, 2024, 04:17:54 pm »

I believe this is the current votecount:

Vote Count — Day 1
- Crystalizedmire - [3] Elephant Parade, webadict, Toonyman,
- Elephant Parade
- Euchrejack - [1] Sofanthiel,
- FallacyofUrist -   
- Imp -
- Quarque -  [2] FallacyofUrist, Euchrejack
- Maximum Spin - [2] Quarque, NJW2000
- NJW2000 -
- Sofanthiel - [1] TricMagic
- Toonyman -
- TricMagic -
- Webadict - [3] Imp, Maximum Spin, Crystalizedmire,
- No Elimination
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 153