Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59109 times)

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #660 on: January 31, 2024, 09:13:13 am »

Quarque, a question. Can you point out the differences between solo-scum Imp and town Imp?
In a nutshell, what I saw from scum Imp was even more nervous energy than usual and efforts to control / direct people. The Imp I'm seeing here is notably more laid back and reasonable. It could be that their play evolved, but it's enough to convince me for now.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D1 Panics and Schemes
« Reply #661 on: January 31, 2024, 09:19:00 am »

Vote Count — Day 1
- Crystalizedmire - [3] Elephant Parade, webadict, Maximum Spin
- Elephant Parade
- Euchrejack - [1] Sofanthiel,
- FallacyofUrist - [1] Toonyman,
- Imp
- Quarque -  [1] FallacyofUrist
- Maximum Spin - [2] Euchrejack, Quarque
- NJW2000 -
- Sofanthiel -
- Toonyman -
- TricMagic -
- Webadict - [3] Imp, Crystalizedmire, Quarque
- No Elimination
- Not Voting - TricMagic, NJW2000,

Current Possible Eliminations: Crystalizedmire, Webadict

Hammer at 7 votes. Day ends 1st February 11am GMT, in approximately 20-23 hours.

Quarque, a question. Can you point out the differences between solo-scum Imp and town Imp?
In a nutshell, what I saw from scum Imp was even more nervous energy than usual and efforts to control / direct people. The Imp I'm seeing here is notably more laid back and reasonable. It could be that their play evolved, but it's enough to convince me for now.
Imp has always had good posts. It's just that they sometimes get buried under their own words. Imp has been improving, which is what we're seeing here. It' not alignment indicative, but more them getting used to a post to post game. They don't need to put everything into a single post, and that's something they've learned and applied.

Control/Direction is just them trying to solve the game. Like a puzzle, even if mafia puzzles usually only occur near the end of the game. Gather information to inform them of their choices, I guess.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: January 31, 2024, 09:19:40 am »

Unvote

I think Jack is scummy but Max might be able to cure FoU so I can wait a day. I also don't want a worst case scenario of a double town death.

Crystalmire

That's every "veteran" player voting you now. Do you think there's scum in here? If so, who is the most likely?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: January 31, 2024, 09:29:27 am »

Unvote, since I need to review the thread but understand that Max can unlink Fallacy's fate from being linked to me.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: January 31, 2024, 09:35:11 am »

I have been wondering about Quarque, so I'll just sheep Fallacy for a bit. Quarque

I'm less suspicious of sofanthiel than I was previously.

I still haven't really read the thread.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: January 31, 2024, 09:41:42 am »

One of the electors, a sentient swamp contained in a glowing orb, comes under suspicion, but would the Crystalizedmire be first to leave?

Vote Count — Day 1
- Crystalizedmire - [4] Elephant Parade, webadict, Maximum Spin, Toonyman
- Elephant Parade
- Euchrejack - [1] Sofanthiel,
- FallacyofUrist -   
- Imp -
- Quarque -  [2] FallacyofUrist, Euchrejack
- Maximum Spin - [1] Quarque
- NJW2000 -
- Sofanthiel -
- Toonyman -
- TricMagic - 
- Webadict - [2] Imp, Crystalizedmire,
- No Elimination

Current Possible Eliminations: Crystalizedmire

Hammer at 7 votes. Day ends 1st February 11am GMT, in approximately 20.3 hours.

Trades

Well constructed trade offers:

TricMagic: Trade Arthur Conan Doyle's Magnifying Glass for Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page
Webadict: Trade Green Chaos Emerald for an Apple.
Quarque: Trade an apple for a green emerald.
NJW2000: Trade Wishbone for Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page
Toonyman: Trade Robert Louis Stevenson's Inkstained Bible Page for Wishbone
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 04:21:03 pm by notquitethere »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: January 31, 2024, 09:50:33 am »

Not really trusting Euchrejack's intentions right now.

Eh, MaximumSpin. Might be better than webadict. Or could go for Quarque, but.. Yeah. Not really a clear verdict besides Crystalized being on the chopping block.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: January 31, 2024, 09:53:07 am »

Unvote
I don't think webadict is scum right now.
Even though my play has improved, I still have a lot of null reads and I still sheep from time to time. This to me seems like it is one of the veteran players is scum or Fallacy is but I'm giving them extra time. Maximum Spin was the third to join on my wagon so I'm inclined to believe they're scum. I don't have much time right now because I'm supposed to be doing schoolwork so don't hammer while I'm not here.
she/her

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: January 31, 2024, 09:55:57 am »

EBWOP: I think it is one of the veteran players because they're better at hiding as scum. I chose Maximum Spin as my scum pick since 3rd player on a wagon is usually in an inconspicuous position.
she/her

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: January 31, 2024, 09:56:56 am »

Imp has always had good posts. It's just that they sometimes get buried under their own words. Imp has been improving, which is what we're seeing here. It' not alignment indicative, but more them getting used to a post to post game. They don't need to put everything into a single post, and that's something they've learned and applied.

Control/Direction is just them trying to solve the game. Like a puzzle, even if mafia puzzles usually only occur near the end of the game. Gather information to inform them of their choices, I guess.
Thanks Tric, that does help. I should look again at Imp. I'm reading too many people as town, to the point where mafia has to be some monster coalition of vets. Hope I'm wrong.

I recall someone describing Sofanthiel as "hiding in audacity", which seemed like a valid explanation for his behavior. Sofanthiel seemed like he was going to get voted, so he throws out random weird stuff to see if he can not get voted out.
Sofanthiel is almost certainly town. Scum!Sofanthiel is anything but audacious.
A loud whistling sound is heard as sofanthiel releases a smokescreen which covers webadict. webadict can no longer be lynched today.
Still wanted to respond to this. You've got a point. But I've witnessed multiple scum sofanthiels and they were really cautious. What happened here was in an endgame where the reptiles had basically already won and I think that sofanthiel was being coached when doing this. Sof being coached to do what he did today, idk.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: January 31, 2024, 10:09:01 am »

Sof needs to get in here and vote, and not just rely on a daykill power. A reminder what Jim did to me in one of the last games.

Granted, you could just be some weird third party yourself. Make you case already!

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: January 31, 2024, 10:44:23 am »

Wait, both maximum spin and webadict voted me without providing a reason(in the post that voted me) to vote me. I was actually wrong about maximum spin voting me third, he voted before webadict. I'm not going to switch back to webadict though because they voted close to eachother timewise. I feel that the wagon started too quickly but that could just because I was offline.
she/her

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: January 31, 2024, 10:55:14 am »

@Crystal:
What about Elephant?

I think I'll be driving when the day ends today as a heads up.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: January 31, 2024, 10:59:39 am »

Before anyone asks, here is the post that made me unvote Webadict:
you are actively hindering Town

Going to ask you to assume that I'm asking sincerely, and answer as if you intended to inform.

How do you see me as actively hindering town?
You've continued to ignore things I've told you, you're tunneling, and you're overvaluing your own life.  Remember, if I'm scum, trading 1 for 1 with me is a good deal unless you can trade 2 for 0.  Your goal shouldn't be continuing to push me because I either don't have any more information to give you or I'm not planning on giving you any more.  It should be finding another scum to get voted, but you're not pushing or furthering other cases.  Why not?

I've been in two games with you where you've consistently done precisely jackshit, so you'll have to excuse me if I don't see you dying, Town or scum, as a bad thing.
Consider that Imp was town in those. Even if you think it's the worst play ever, I would still prefer to lynch scum. Wouldn't you?
That is a fair point, and both you and ToonyMan have made it.  I keep doing this to myself and engaging Imp, and it's my fault.

Do you think Imp is Town?
The part that made me unvote is underlined. It made me unvote because I think Webadict is genuinely scumhunting here.

@Crystal:
What about Elephant?
I think Elephant thinks I'm scum because of my behaviour in FBYOR6
she/her

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: January 31, 2024, 11:13:38 am »

EBWOP: I think Elephant Parade has a protown reason for voting me
she/her
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 153