Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58334 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D1 Panics and Schemes
« Reply #630 on: January 31, 2024, 12:38:42 am »

Alright, fine.  I'm dropping it.

Crystalizedmire

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: January 31, 2024, 12:38:43 am »

@Max:
Jack has been hostile towards you and Sofanthiel though. Unless he's distancing from Sofanthiel.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 31, 2024, 12:39:52 am »

@Max:
Jack has been hostile towards you and Sofanthiel though. Unless he's distancing from Sofanthiel.

Hey, Toons, did you miss this question, or purposeful no answer?  Or did I miss your answer?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 31, 2024, 12:43:28 am »

Imp: I don't like the thing you do in the linked post and elsewhere where you edit a quote to a paraphrased summary without indicating as much by e.g. putting it in brackets. I don't think it's scummy, I just don't like it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 31, 2024, 12:44:44 am »

@Max:
Oh, yeah, he has. Hmm, I feel like EuchreJack would also overcompensate and aggressively push a partner as hypothetical second-choice for distancing, but I don't think I have any examples to back it up because I don't remember any of the last times Jack was scum. One of them was BeBYOR1 that I wasn't in, I think, and the other was that FBYOR where I died immediately. I dunno, I guess I just say don't think too hard about it? Never think too hard about anything! I learned that from webadict.

Fallacy, seriously though, do you want me to relieve you of that auto or not. Because I think we're going to lynch Jack eventually, and it might be nice to not get dragged down too, right? Just gimme a sphere or two.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 31, 2024, 12:44:55 am »

@Imp:
I haven't been reading your posts.

I haven't read every recent post in full detail I've just been skimming and putting down my core thoughts.

Webadict isn't a good vote because:
1. I like his posts, I think he's scumhunting
2. Robotnik is cool
3. I can confirm the location of Emeralds, which helps give an idea what he was doing at night

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 31, 2024, 12:45:12 am »

Imp: I don't like the thing you do in the linked post and elsewhere where you edit a quote to a paraphrased summary without indicating as much by e.g. putting it in brackets. I don't think it's scummy, I just don't like it.

Sure, I'm happy to use brackets.  Haven't seen the style much.  The link's also there for you to follow to the original post, but would this work or how else?

[edited] putting it in brackets.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: January 31, 2024, 12:48:31 am »

@Imp:
I haven't been reading your posts.

I haven't read every recent post in full detail I've just been skimming and putting down my core thoughts.

Webadict isn't a good vote because:
1. I like his posts, I think he's scumhunting
2. Robotnik is cool
3. I can confirm the location of Emeralds, which helps give an idea what he was doing at night

Okay.  I get that it's not mechanical, other than... you seem to think you can track him by tracking emeralds, which sounds NAI.

I have no mechanical reason to think him town or scum.

You killed EJ last game we were together, despite everything I could do to get your attention and convince you.  Even with heavy evidence, you were part of killing him and told me it'd be fine.  Later you were part of the town win, successfully helping end the game, despite having taken out a few other town and not anti-town.

So I'm not 100% convinced of your read here, and am not choosing to ignore my own reads because I view yours as strongly more likely to be more correct than mine.  But I do respect you a lot, and think you're very likely to be town this game too.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 31, 2024, 12:48:48 am »

Sure, I'm happy to use brackets.  Haven't seen the style much.  The link's also there for you to follow to the original post, but would this work or how else?

I would've just quoted the whole sentence ("Imp and webadict are both bad votes.") in that case, because it was short and it's not like anyone is going to get confused and think you're talking about yourself, but you could've said "webadict [...] bad vote[.]" maybe.

But honestly, I'm not sure EP realized that your quote was actually word for word FROM the post, just trimmed.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: January 31, 2024, 12:51:05 am »

Fallacy, seriously though, do you want me to relieve you of that auto or not. Because I think we're going to lynch Jack eventually, and it might be nice to not get dragged down too, right? Just gimme a sphere or two.
Well, I would rather not die if Spin gets mafiakilled somehow or something like that during the night, so uh, yes, I guess???

Bah.

Fine.

Vulnerability.

We'll see how this goes, I guess. And I guess this means I won't be trying to execute you this Day anyways. (It would've been a struggle.)

Quarque is more suspicious at this juncture anyways. Though I still have my eye on ToonyMan. Though his reasoning for not voting web is solid, at least.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: January 31, 2024, 12:51:35 am »

Uh, not Spin, Jack, I mean. If this just modifies the ability so I have to keep you alive instead I'll be pretty mad.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: January 31, 2024, 12:58:30 am »

I have no idea what it'll do! It's a secret to everyone! It'll definitely stop being the sphere I use, though, so presumably it will no longer make you vulnerable.

Any other spheres you want cleaned off it? I'm not saying precisely what I can do, but let's go with, there's possibly more than nothing, and I'm gonna use a shot on this so it might as well count.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 31, 2024, 12:58:46 am »

I would've just quoted the whole sentence ("Imp and webadict are both bad votes.") in that case, because it was short and it's not like anyone is going to get confused and think you're talking about yourself, but you could've said "webadict [...] bad vote[.]" maybe.

But honestly, I'm not sure EP realized that your quote was actually word for word FROM the post, just trimmed.
No, I noticed. I considered that paraphrasing because a word was taken out. But anyway, this is a tangent.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 31, 2024, 01:02:59 am »

@FoU:
It was pretty obviously Vulnerability that you took. I guess it's possible you're scum and Jack is town, but that seems easier to deal with and I also think it's less likely.

@Imp:
Why do you keep rubbing my face in the mud? Remember what Jim told you during that game. I will say you posting exactly the same as FBYOR6 makes me more confident you're town.

I don't feel like I'm being irrational in any way here. In fact, I will continue to become more enlightened of the game setup as time goes on. It's not just Emeralds I will know, but other things that I will refrain from revealing for now. At the very least it will become easy to catch a player lying.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 31, 2024, 01:09:09 am »

Why do you keep rubbing my face in the mud?

Not my intention.  But neither of us is always right - but if you were using mechanics, I'd weigh that above an opinion, especially if I felt sure you understood what you were using.

I was not trying to call you irrational, either.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 153