Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58487 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D1 Panics and Schemes
« Reply #585 on: January 30, 2024, 09:51:17 pm »

You know, it does occur to me, though.

Fallacy, if you really have such an auto, you could tell me a relevant sphere on it. I could potentially change it to something else that might be less destructive.
It must most likely be a "vulnerability" sphere, right? Does anyone else have a "vulnerability" sphere ability? I'm not trying to rolefish here, but I could potentially handle this.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #586 on: January 30, 2024, 09:51:25 pm »

Why did you wait for Elephant to answer before bringing it up, then?

For the same reason I keep repeating one of the things that bothers you.  EP was going somewhere with that, doing something with it, and might not be done.  I can, and chose to, wait to discuss my additional ideas, reaction, and own questions until EP has had their chance to follow up.

In this case, it may not have mattered, that I waited.  However, EP might have been interested in continuing a path of questions or discussion with CM.  If so, I wanted to see and allow it, so I could read them both, and not alter whatever EP might have been trying to do.

Once it appears EP is down (already, in this case) then I view it as time for me to react and follow up with what I want to check on, that wasn't already covered to my satisfaction.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 30, 2024, 09:53:01 pm »

Seemed like you were actually trying to find information. It's mostly vibes though.

Thank you.  And I wasn't looking for information before those posts that you noticed?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 30, 2024, 09:54:33 pm »

Does anyone else have a "vulnerability" sphere ability? I'm not trying to rolefish here, but I could potentially handle this.

If I have any vulnerability sphere issues, I actually want them.  I don't want you wondering if you're going to get any answers, but I 'fail to confirm except to report I am okay with any I may or may not have'.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 30, 2024, 10:00:55 pm »

Seemed like you were actually trying to find information. It's mostly vibes though.

Thank you.  And I wasn't looking for information before those posts that you noticed?
It felt like before then you were making incomprehensible posts about implausible scenarios
she/her

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 30, 2024, 10:02:32 pm »

Sometimes, I read Imp's posts and wonder if I'm having a stroke.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 30, 2024, 10:07:58 pm »

It felt like before then you were making incomprehensible posts about implausible scenarios
OK I'm tired of you sheeping me. Crystallizedmire

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 30, 2024, 10:12:14 pm »

I don't understand this one.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 30, 2024, 10:19:52 pm »

You know, it does occur to me, though.

Fallacy, if you really have such an auto, you could tell me a relevant sphere on it. I could potentially change it to something else that might be less destructive.
It must most likely be a "vulnerability" sphere, right? Does anyone else have a "vulnerability" sphere ability? I'm not trying to rolefish here, but I could potentially handle this.

That would require me to trust you.

Yet what have you accomplished for the Town today? ... well, more than you were doing at the start of the day, at least. I can give you that.

Fine, I'll bite, if only to get more information out of you. What exactly are you proposing?

A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 30, 2024, 10:23:41 pm »

I don't understand this one.
She's copying my shtick! I talk about vibes, she talks about vibes! I say Imp gives me bad vibes, she says Imp gives her bad vibes! I talk about Imp's "second implausible hypothetical" much earlier, and now she talks about Imp's "implausible scenarios"!

Except that when I went to dig up that post, I was reminded that she replied to it, with the same "implausible scenarios" phrasing, at the time. So using it here is less STEALING MY SHTICK than reusing the same phrase. I am still iffy on her between this and her tendency toward vague and general posts (see: the exchange that just happened), but she doesn't exclusively make vague and general posts, so I guess she's somewhere between MEH and WEIRD on my vibe scale. Not unvoting, though.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 30, 2024, 10:27:39 pm »

Fine, I'll bite, if only to get more information out of you. What exactly are you proposing?
I can remove your ability and replace it with an ability that is more good and less bad. Hopefully. I have no actual control over what you get except at the sphere level.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 30, 2024, 10:35:54 pm »

I can remove your ability and replace it with an ability that is more good and less bad. Hopefully. I have no actual control over what you get except at the sphere level.

Not that I don't appreciate it, but why should I trust you to do this, and why would you choose to fix my little problem instead of, say, fixing Toony's death magnet?

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 30, 2024, 10:37:42 pm »

Not that I don't appreciate it, but why should I trust you to do this, and why would you choose to fix my little problem instead of, say, fixing Toony's death magnet?
Because that's an item. Items are what they are and I can't do anything about it.

Also, I was just, you know, throwing you a bone. I can still just vote you out instead.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 30, 2024, 10:39:09 pm »

Oh, so now you're reading me as Town?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 30, 2024, 10:44:19 pm »

No, Fallacy, I am testing to see if I believe this is a real ability you might have as a town player and would want to cure if possible, or just bullshit you made up to try to get EuchreJack off the hook.

So far, results not encouraging.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 153