Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58288 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D1 Panics and Schemes
« Reply #570 on: January 30, 2024, 09:18:35 pm »

If Jack dies, so do I. So uh, I'm pretty reluctant to let him die unless we're totally sure he's scum. And so far, he's played totally townie, even with the lack of energy, but meta tells are half-garbage anyways.

(As far as I know, if I die, the same doesn't happen to him, though, it's purely a one-way self-destructive relationship.)
Isn't this just a reason for me to switch to you?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 30, 2024, 09:22:44 pm »

If Jack dies, so do I. So uh, I'm pretty reluctant to let him die unless we're totally sure he's scum. And so far, he's played totally townie, even with the lack of energy, but meta tells are half-garbage anyways.

(As far as I know, if I die, the same doesn't happen to him, though, it's purely a one-way self-destructive relationship.)

Sure, sure, vote me if you wish, I still think you're scum. Since Toony's read on you is baffling to me, I think it could be you and Toony. Whether there's a third member, or it's a two teams of two situation, I don't know yet.

Okay, Fal.  Now, are you willing to discuss how/why?

is this an auto, an item, something else?

Auto. I'd rather not share my exact spheres, since I imagine there will be abilities that target based on them, but, well, you can probably guess.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 30, 2024, 09:25:26 pm »

Sure, sure, vote me if you wish, I still think you're scum. Since Toony's read on you is baffling to me, I think it could be you and Toony. Whether there's a third member, or it's a two teams of two situation, I don't know yet.

Okay, Fal.  Now, are you willing to discuss how/why?

is this an auto, an item, something else?

Auto. I'd rather not share my exact spheres, since I imagine there will be abilities that target based on them, but, well, you can probably guess.

Got it.  I have no advice at this time, just more questions, and I don't care about the spheres, can imagine a range of them could cause it, and I'm not a sphere-hunter, least not that I know of.

So, do you have any indication if EJ is the same alignment as you, or not?

If yes, are you willing to tell us anything about why you think EJ has your same alignment?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 30, 2024, 09:26:55 pm »

god dammit this feels like I'm drowning a pup
If it's any consideration I think Webadict is more likely to be scum than you, Quarque.
Quarque is for sure Town.

Webadict bad vote.

What is your confidence level on this, from personal read, and separately, from mechanics estimate/certainty?  And if you account for the possibility that emeralds could have more than one intended purpose, does that change the level of confidence (I cannot confirm if emeralds have more than one intended purpose, but can you rule that out?)
Emeralds have two purposes, I've already explained them both.

Uh...  I think so.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 30, 2024, 09:28:13 pm »

Well, I think Jack is town mainly based on his behavior, but earlier on I was mainly focused on avoiding his execution because of the two-for-one deal it'd cause.

If later on evidence comes to light that Jack is scum, I'll be alright with sacrificing myself for the greater good to take him out, despite the potential of my role.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 30, 2024, 09:28:49 pm »

Uh...  I think so.
I'll go if you will.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 30, 2024, 09:29:35 pm »

Fight me, I don't think you've done a single thing that makes me think you're town, Maximum Spin.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 30, 2024, 09:34:16 pm »

FallacyofUrist

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #579 on: January 30, 2024, 09:41:05 pm »

These posts:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
To me, these don't stand out as especially helpful relative to their previous posts. OK.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 30, 2024, 09:42:44 pm »

I believe this is the current vote count:

Vote Count — Day 1
- Crystalizedmire
- Elephant Parade
- Euchrejack - [1] Sofanthiel
- FallacyofUrist - [4] NJW2000, Toonyman, webadict, Maximum Spin
- Imp -
- Quarque -
- Maximum Spin - [2] Euchrejack, FallacyofUrist,
- NJW2000 -
- Sofanthiel - [1] Elephant Parade
- Toonyman -
- TricMagic -
- Webadict - [3] Imp, Crystalizedmire, Quarque,
- No Elimination

Fal, if you did decide that web seemed a good choice, there's definitely room on this case.  I guess people usually call it a wagon, but I'm concerned and don't see any town in that player yet.  I'm iffy on Max.  Granted, I really do want to hear what Toons has to say about why he thinks web is a bad vote.  If it's very strong mechanical reason, I'd wonder if he could be wrong about it (he was wrong about that page meaning he will probably die tonight, a very honest innocent wrong) but I'd consider it very strongly.  And I'm not really good at picking out scum, but I've been trying to get better.  I don't see town here.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 30, 2024, 09:44:34 pm »

To me, these don't stand out as especially helpful relative to their previous posts. OK.

I was wondering about that too.  CM, would you please explain what is helpful in those posts, and how it helps?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 30, 2024, 09:45:55 pm »

You know, it does occur to me, though.

Fallacy, if you really have such an auto, you could tell me a relevant sphere on it. I could potentially change it to something else that might be less destructive.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 30, 2024, 09:48:13 pm »

I was wondering about that too.  CM, would you please explain what is helpful in those posts, and how it helps?
Why did you wait for Elephant to answer before bringing it up, then?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 30, 2024, 09:50:23 pm »

Seemed like you were actually trying to find information. It's mostly vibes though.
she/her
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 153