Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59290 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #435 on: January 30, 2024, 03:51:45 pm »

But I see your point re: his critics being his top picks. I'm going to go over the thread and check whether they're actually his most predominant critics.
I've gone over the thread and yes, they are.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 30, 2024, 03:53:24 pm »

But I see your point re: his critics being his top picks. I'm going to go over the thread and check whether they're actually his most predominant critics.

To me that looks anti-town.  I get that I'm confused.  I'm glad to have other eyes checking stuff out and sharing ideas.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 30, 2024, 03:56:30 pm »

I've also stated I can take that problematic page out of play, and generally said I can get rid of items.  Web might not feel comfortable with certain items being gotten rid of - which I'd only do if I thought getting rid of the item was pro town.  I'm not currently on a crusade against those emeralds, but web may have emerald-protecting interests, and if I get more concerned about web, sure, I could go for emeralds in a way web might not prefer.

Web, your emeralds are probably safe.  I'd rather you were eliminated than eliminate your precious emeralds - as far as I currently understand.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 30, 2024, 04:02:52 pm »

The way I see it, either Webadict doesn't have an emerald-collecting wincon (as he claims), you're lying about being able to delete items, or emeralds are deletion-proof. It would be absurd for his wincon to be something you could foil completely and permanently with one action. I am leaning toward him telling the truth about not having an emerald-collecting wincon, with emeralds being deletion-proof as a somewhat distant second, with you lying as an extremely distant third.

Naturally, he doesn't want emeralds going bye-bye regardless, and regardless of alignment, because he's claimed they give him powers.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 30, 2024, 04:06:00 pm »

Wait, why is webadict giving away his emerald then? If it gives him powers, why is he trading it away for an apple? Besides, nobody else could use it.
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 30, 2024, 04:08:44 pm »

I don't really see this - why isn't Quarque on the list, then?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 30, 2024, 04:09:56 pm »

Cause webadict has weird ideas, and don't need all the emeralds.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 30, 2024, 04:16:38 pm »

It's also possible that a way to create more emeralds may exist.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 30, 2024, 04:18:30 pm »

Wait, why is webadict giving away his emerald then? If it gives him powers, why is he trading it away for an apple? Besides, nobody else could use it.

This is all we know about it:

Actually... Quarque, can I have an Apple?  I'll trade you my Chaos Emerald.  I have an idea.

If he doesn't explain why, or for any other reason, would you like to join me in voting him?  He seems very suspicious to me.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 30, 2024, 04:18:37 pm »

Has Quarque gone after webadict? I didn't see it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 30, 2024, 04:20:07 pm »

I felt like Quarque was going after webadict when I looked at their early interactions just now, yeah.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 30, 2024, 04:24:24 pm »

I felt like Quarque was going after webadict when I looked at their early interactions just now, yeah.
You're right.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 30, 2024, 04:25:01 pm »

Okay, I feel webadict is suspicious to sufficiently explaining how the emeralds work and what his idea is and why he is trading an apple. Also, didn't webadict earlier state that he has nothing to trade with.
she/her

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 30, 2024, 04:26:20 pm »

Holy shit, you guys get really side-tracked on things that don't matter.

It doesn't matter if I have the Emerald or not.  I get powers based on the last Emerald I received.  I can steal Emeralds by using my powers.  I'm giving Quarque my Emerald because I steal it back.  It gives me an Item to trade away Tomorrow in case I want to trade EuchreJack for the Blue Emerald.  This also potentially allows me to receive any Emeralds that someone might give me without losing my old Refill Ability.

Basically, each Emerald has a Sphere I can access, and the one I have now--Green--is Improvement.  I can Refill someone's 1-Shots.  This Ability CASCADES, allowing my target to also Refill their next target's 1-Shots.  I was hoping to have Quarque Refill TricMagic's Double Execute (Though it happens pretty fucking SLOWLY.)

I've already accepted that I'm never receiving all the Emeralds, so it doesn't really matter if you destroy them.  I only want the three I listed because I believe they are useful.  Getting all seven is just an extremely OVERPOWERED Ability, that allows me to be basically Unkillable and use all seven Emeralds each Night, but that proooooooobably wasn't happening for a few reasons, because I don't currently have any way to get Emeralds off of dead Players, and I'm more banking on the double execute/kill-less Night strategy.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 30, 2024, 04:26:29 pm »

And while Qua maybe cannot use the item, Qua has claimed to benefit from trades, though later he said town benefits from his trades.  Though he did single out web to say this first... and wow, actually they have a whole conversation about it...

This is much of the early interaction between Qua and web... it's largely all about the trade stuff.

Did anyone else specify a name? I'm Lambert Schothorst.
I'm a merchant and interested to trade items. (Whatever the heck webs chaos emeralds are don't sound too appealing though.)

@Max:  I like this bandwagon so far.
You're either misreading me or you like it because it helps you to have a town player lynched. Not sure which. But here is an idea. I have apples for trade that soft confirm me as town, because they specifically help against mafia. I can trade you one of those. If you still vote me afterwards and I'm lynched, everyone will see it and know you're mafia.
If you're town though, an apple will help you. Win win for me. Deal?

Interested, as in the fact that marketeering is closely tied to your end goal?
Yes. As I said, my wares help other people versus mafia and as such trading them is tied to my end goal.

Are you bribing me with apples?

Because I take bribes.  Who are you thinking we should vote instead?
Framing it as a bribe, eh?

So, I tell you, if you want to bribe me, I take bribes, but you gotta tell me who to vote.  It says just as much about me that I take bribes than it does about someone who gives them.  Use your words and actions.
You're the one framing this as a bribe. My idea was to give you something that doesn't help you much if you're scum, but the fact that you frame it as such makes me rethink. If I give you an item and you vote someone else "because I bribed you", I won't be lynched and people won't see how you caused a bad lynch. Maybe this was a dumb idea.
Telling people to point out who they find suspicious is commonly done to help noobs get started. Or to seem helpful. But you are asking me for a vote (on someone who isn't you) when half the players haven't said a word. I think this is an odd thing to do if you're town. Not something that really helps you to figure out alignments.

But then other people get involved:

Quarque: if I offered you something mediocre in return for fruit, would you take it? Because I can give you something mediocre in return for fruit.
Yeah. You can have an apple for a mediocre thing.

Willing to say more about the trade stuff?  Are you looking for anything in specific?
Nothing in specific. My apples are generally good for town and less for scum imo, that is why I am willing to give NJW one in return for an unspecified mediocre item. If I really trust someone I might trade them a banana.

speaking about, I confirm to be willing to trade an apple to NJW in return for an unspecified mediocre item

And back to web.

Give Web an apple in return for a green emerald.
Note: if you don't want to eat an apple tonight, it will not rot if you give it to someone else.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 153