Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58391 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #330 on: January 29, 2024, 08:28:01 pm »

Elephant Parade: Imp makes a lot of implausible scenarios as town, why do you think they're not town here?
Vibes
I have no idea how Imp both of our vibechecks.
Meh. Why? I really liked you defending Imp earlier (don't ask me why, I don't know), but now I'm confused. Do you have a reason or is it literally just vibes?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 29, 2024, 08:28:49 pm »

Hope you can pass that blowback problem to someone else.  EP mentioned it first, maybe it makes sense from him - and maybe you're not as cursed as you thought at first even if the Scottish Author is long dead.
Considering that no one has claimed the role that gave me this Last Bible maybe it wasn't because of a Town player having Blowback after all. In which case I'm not sure where this item came from.

Now that I think about it: Tric tried trading the Sherlock Holmes author's Magnifying Glass with me, so maybe some players have famous novelist items and mine just happens to suck (for me at least)? The player who made some of us start with novelist items could be anything in that case, and they don't feel inclined to claim either way which is understandable.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 29, 2024, 08:31:06 pm »

I'm not the novelist, FYI.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 29, 2024, 08:35:28 pm »

Considering that no one has claimed the role that gave me this Last Bible maybe it wasn't because of a Town player having Blowback after all. In which case I'm not sure where this item came from.

How certain are you that someone claiming to be that player would help town, or that player?  And why/how would that claim help anyone?  You look at me, I look at you, but really, do words help anyone?  You're holding a page of death there, right?  Full of words?

Better yet, I hope you use that page really well, and it doesn't hurt you, and it does hurt antitown.  Maybe from caution, maybe from cutting their own throat.

I still think I trust who you pick to give it to tonight than anyone else currently offering to trade with you.  I asked a lot of questions about that page and really hope you do too.  I know exactly what I'd do with it, if I traded you for it, but I'd still prefer you gave it to your choice.  I think I'm better at picking town than picking anti-town, especially D1.  I would prefer not to tell you what I'd trade, and I'd prefer you to choose to trade the item back to me later if you could, but it's not something I'd use tonight anyway either way.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 29, 2024, 08:41:32 pm »

Elephant Parade: Imp makes a lot of implausible scenarios as town, why do you think they're not town here?
Vibes
I have no idea how Imp both of our vibechecks.
Meh. Why? I really liked you defending Imp earlier (don't ask me why, I don't know), but now I'm confused. Do you have a reason or is it literally just vibes?
I wanted to find out my discomfort with Imp's behaviour. But all there is is vibes.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 29, 2024, 08:46:06 pm »

I wanted to find out my discomfort with Imp's behaviour. But all there is is vibes.

Is there anything you want to discuss with me, any concerns you have, or do you just want to see my behavior voted/pressured, or do you want me dead?

Might be more than one of those, but... any questions?  Any concerns?

I get that you're a growing player, I am too.  If you want to practice, let's practice.  Here's my current read of you:

CM: Curious and explorative, not much to read yet.  Reasonable for CM play, probably going to develop better with more time.  Not agreeing to a D1 elim

I would like to see more from you, directed towards me or anyone.  So, if you wanna practice questioning or scumhunting in any style, I'm open, calm, and appreciate it.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 29, 2024, 08:55:55 pm »

Usefulness rankings!

EuchreJack: Hasn't said much. Rightfully recognizes sofanthiel's garbage. inf / 10 Usefulness points, town.

Elephant Parade: Not a ton of content, but isn't getting bogged down in excessive role mechanics discussion, and each post is very focused. 8 / 10 Usefulness points, town candidate.

webadict: Has engaged in some masons joking. Doctor Webadictnik, wants to get chaos emeralds (confirmed by Toony). May have a secondary win condition. Insightful, but obsessed with emeralds. Not atypical web play, still focused on getting people engaged and voting. Sofanthiel is paranoid about him. Is being helpful and offering to help supplement Tric's execution amplifier. 8 / 10 Usefulness points, town candidate.

NJW2000: Likes his role, has a disruptive defensive ability? Reads Tric as town based on Tric's impulsive power use. Casually intending to 'hold web hostage', but doesn't seem that serious about it. Is providing player analysis. I have no idea who a 'Waverly' is. Thinks his role will mitigate the impact of Toony's cursed item, and is offering to trade for it. Intends to ruin the mafiakill, but doesn't have any serious scum candidates yet. Which is fair enough, the day has only recently started. 7 / 10 Usefulness points, town candidate.

TricMagic: After some rethinking, and noting how Tric zeroed in on sofan's BS, and his attitude towards webadict, I'm more inclined to extend Tric at least a little trust. Plus, his ability would be kinda terrifying for scum to hold, though I imagine NQT could balance it somehow. 7 / 10 Usefulness points, town candidate.

ToonyMan: Has dumped a whole truckload of info, and has a cursed item which magnetizes a kill to him. Hasn't super-focused on scum tells, more interested in mechanics. Hasn't really clogged up the Day or tried to eviscerate people for the slightest 'slip', so I'm not worried about him. (Yet.) Still scares me. 6 / 10 Usefulness points.

Imp: Role fixation, but is generally trying to be helpful. Can delete items. Also locks in on sofan's BS. 6 / 10 Usefulness points, but I might raise that later.

Quarque: Very early role name claim, has been asking a lot of questions. Fruit trader. (May have an extra wincon?) Has offered to save Toony's life from his cursed item. Bland play, but not clogging up the Day in any way. 5 / 10 Usefulness points, not a scum candidate.

sofanthiel: Is engaging with the game at least somewhat, but his paranoia levels are off the charts, I don't think he's supplied any real reasoning for any of his suspicions, and he's dripping colors and bolding everywhere. 2 / 10 Usefulness points, high scum candidate.

Maximum Spin: Has made a lot of mason jokes and coasted. No real independent contribution. 0 / 10 Usefulness points, high scum candidate.

Feeling a little less scared now.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 29, 2024, 08:58:16 pm »

Actually, bump EP down to a 7, and Quarque down to a 4.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 29, 2024, 09:01:11 pm »

Quarque: Very early role name claim, has been asking a lot of questions. Fruit trader. (May have an extra wincon?)
I think Crymea was claiming setup knowledge that there aren't any alternate wincons. Otherwise I don't understand what that argument with webadict could have been about.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 29, 2024, 09:02:33 pm »

I was?
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 29, 2024, 09:03:17 pm »

I was?
You seemed convinced that he didn't have one?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 29, 2024, 09:03:31 pm »

Heckdammit I forgot crystalizedmire was in the game

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 29, 2024, 09:04:16 pm »

You swear weird.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 29, 2024, 09:05:24 pm »

You swear weird.

Contribute more or I'll find a way to daykill you, I swear to Ea-Nasir.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 29, 2024, 09:07:33 pm »

It's real. I was thinking of giving it to you tonight if I can't trade it.
I would prefer that you didn't, but technically I think I might be able to survive it, if I do the right action. So let me know if you're gonna do that, I guess.

You swear weird.

Contribute more or I'll find a way to daykill you, I swear to Ea-Nasir.
Do you think this encourages me to be more helpful?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 153